|By PR Newswire||
|February 3, 2014 02:02 AM EST||
MAHWAH, N.J., Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- "Rendezvous" becomes Jaguar USA's most popular YouTube video ever with 7.5 Million views in only 5 days
- Jaguar experiences record one day brand social mentions on Super Bowl Sunday, 12X daily average
- Since announcement of British Villains campaign in November, Jaguar has a 47 percent increase in average monthly brand social mentions versus the previous three months
- Since November, Jaguar has a 26 percent increase in followers of the JaguarUSA Twitter handle
- Renowned British actors Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong star in Jaguar's cinematic "Rendezvous" spot, filmed by Oscar-winning British director Tom Hooper
- Super Bowl broadcast of "Rendezvous" kicks off British Villains campaign for Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe, on sale this spring starting at $65,000
Today, Jaguar North America announced record levels of consumer engagement have been achieved for the growing British luxury brand with the launch of its "British Villains" marketing campaign, led by the broadcast debut of "Rendezvous," its 60-second cinematic television advertisement that broadcast during the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVIII. The spot launched the campaign, which introduces the Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe (on sale spring, 2014) and features the campaign's unique hashtag, #GoodToBeBad. "Rendezvous," Jaguar's first Super Bowl TV advertisement, stars Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong and was filmed by Oscar-winning British director, Tom Hooper, in London.
Since the campaign announcement in November and through the evening of the Super Bowl airing of "Rendezvous," Jaguar saw extraordinary increases in traffic to JaguarUSA.com and social channels.
Brand Social Mentions
- Since the start of the brand's British Villains Campaign (Nov. 7) Jaguar's average daily brand social mentions increased 30 percent. On Sunday, February 2, 2014, Jaguar's one day brand social mentions spiked 12X to an all-time one day high
- For the duration of the three months, Jaguar had a 47 percent increase in average monthly brand social mentions compared to the previous three months' average
- In only its first five days, Jaguar has 7.5 Million views of "Rendezvous," making it Jaguar's highest viewed YouTube video ever
- Since campaign launch in November, Jaguar has a 26 percent increase in followers of the JaguarUSA Twitter handle
"Jaguar is a fast growing luxury brand with an interesting new position as a British challenger brand and a new lineup of dynamic sports cars and sports sedans," said Jeff Curry Brand Vice President, Jaguar North America. "Launching the F-TYPE Coupe campaign with a Super Bowl advertisement gave us a huge platform to share our vision of British sophistication and charm to our target audience, and introduce America to the modern Jaguar brand and the all new F-TYPE Coupe. Our record levels of interest this past week are early indicators Jaguar is greatly benefiting from the national exposure and social engagement that comes from participating in the Super Bowl broadcast."
"Our goal for the British Villains campaign was to bring a cinematic level of entertainment and quality to automotive advertising befitting a luxury British brand and have a bit of fun along the way," added Curry. "The reaction we have garnered is nothing less than transformative: new highs in traffic to our consumer website, JaguarUSA.com; new highs in YouTube views; and new highs in social mentions, combined with a general acknowledgment that the market is very interested in our newest 550-HP British bad boy."
"Finally, we could not be more proud to have brought to America an entertaining campaign with literally the finest in British entertainment: Sir Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong, all under Oscar-winner Tom Hooper's flawless direction and supported by The London Symphony Orchestra," said Curry.
Jaguar launched the "preview" campaign for its Super Bowl spot, beginning with the airing of its teaser, "The Set-Up," on January 11-12, and the online debut of "Rendezvous" on YouTube on January 28.
During the game Jaguar captured consumer data in real-time, in a unique physical space called "The Loop." Developed by Jaguar's media agency partner Mindshare, the space featured multiple screens that monitored consumer data to be leveraged in its rapid marketing decisions, or "adaptive marketing." Jaguar monitored social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, around Super Bowl XLVIII for trending topics and discussions related to the brand, F-TYPE Coupe campaign and the game. The brand responded in real time to relevant tweets and messages via their social media platforms.
The "British Villains" campaign captures the premise that Brits have long made the best villains in landmark films, combining intelligence with charm, restlessness with calm, and are always confident. "Rendezvous" opens with Sir Ben Kingsley asking the question, 'Have you ever noticed how in Hollywood movies, all the villains are played by Brits?' The spot then shows the new Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe being driven by Strong and effortlessly navigating through modern-iconic London as he is on his way to meet with fellow villains, Sir Ben and Tom Hiddleston.
"Rendezvous" was filmed by Hooper in London in a creative partnership with his Smuggler Films production house. The spot's original score for "Rendezvous" was composed and conducted by Alexandre Desplat, who worked with Tom Hooper on The Kings Speech and recorded by The London Symphony Orchestra at the iconic Abbey Road studios.
Jaguar is hosting a dedicated landing page for the campaign, www.BritishVillains.com, with information about the F-TYPE Coupe, the commercial and some unique video content including teasers starring each of the three actors. In addition to broadcast, the multi-channel campaign's Super Bowl efforts included unique outdoor creative throughout New York City, print, digital and consumer activations hosted with a wide array of media partners, and special events in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. The British Villains campaign continues with regularly updated content through July.
SPARK44, the lead strategic communications partner for Jaguar, is responsible for the creative positioning and strategy behind the campaign, while Mindshare manages the communications planning and buying
Jaguar is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan, the XK Coupe and Convertible sports cars and the two-seater F-TYPE. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at http://www.jaguarusa.com.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com
About Jaguar Land Rover
- The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
- In the 2012/13 fiscal year, Jaguar Land Rover has reported revenues of $23.8 billion, up 17% year on year ($20.4 billion last year)
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA. Jaguar Land Rover has offices in the following locations: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
- Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outlets in the USA
SOURCE Jaguar North America