|By PR Newswire||
|February 3, 2014 04:01 AM EST||
MOSCOW, February 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Russia's leader in internet-retail exceeds the $1 billion in sales barrier.
- Opened for business only 5 years ago and already showing more dynamic growth than Amazon.
- Ulmart has invested heavily in creating a nation-wide system of "fulfillment" centers that are located in large cities permitting Ulmart to make deliveries in as little as 2 hours.
- Ulmart is growing twice as fast as the whole e-commerce sector due to rising financial opportunities of the Russian public seeking to fulfill years of pent-up demand for high-quality products with strong post-sale services and reliable delivery.
- Ulmart uses its own fleet of nearly 200 trucks covering the entirety of the European part of Russia excluding Kaliningrad.
- Russia is Europe's largest pool of internet users with 62 million--some estimates show it growing to over 70 million by 2015.
Ulmart presents its financial and operating results for 2013. The company has experienced robust growth in all spheres of business. Revenue has increased by 62%to $1.2 billion (including VAT 18%) from 2012 end-year results.
During its 5 years of operations, Ulmart can be positively compared with e-commerce leaders like Amazon, Alibaba, Google and others.
The large and modern infrastructure of its online-stores serviced by strategically-situated fulfillment centers makes Ulmart a favorite stop for the 750,000 unique users browse the site daily. The conversion rate is a market-leading 4.5%.
Dmitry Kostigin, Ulmart's Chairman of the Board: "We are the leader of Russian internet-retail. We see a great potential for growth. Russia is the largest user of the internet in Europe and these people are our potential customers. As the economy itself slows, e-commerce continues to grow dynamically."
Ulmart made large investments in its infrastructure last year by expanding into Russia's regions. 5 fulfillment centers (FC) were constructed and 140 pick-up points called "Outposts" were opened.
The company currently has three national "hubs"-over 12000 square meters-supplying the fulfillment centers. Plans are to build additional 2 hubs of over 20,000 square meters in 2014 and to open 10 FC's.
Sergey Fedorinov, CEO of Ulmart: "We showed incredible growth, but, growth we expected. So far all of our growth predictions have come to fruition. Step-by-step we move to an ever larger and more profitable platform. Soon we will say that we service all Russians, from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok."
Contact: Brian Kean - +7-812-336-3777 extension 4575