|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:23 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
Entry of New Vehicles will Lead to Strong Market Growth
This study aims to research, analyze, and forecast the ASEAN automotive aftermarket by providing a 360-degree perspective on factors that influence and affect its growth, focusing on Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand for the period 2012–2018. It provides an overview of the aftermarket, analyzes vehicles in operation, parts, services, and distribution channels. The study also discusses original equipment services, regulatory influences on the market, and technology and consumer trends.
Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
ASEAN automotive aftermarket strongly positioned for high growth as millions of new vehicles enter the market
ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
• High expected increase in vehicles in operation, from X million in 2012 to approximately X million in 2018, driving demand for a wide range of aftermarket parts and services.
• Demand for routine maintenance products such as filters, brake pads, and wiper blades to increase by more than X% annually to service the higher vehicle population.
• Much of the demand for aftermarket parts is being met by low-cost products imported from China, making it a difficult market for Western suppliers to penetrate.
• About X% of vehicle owners have their cars and light trucks serviced at independent repair facilities, with very few fast-fit service chains in the aftermarket.
• OEMs, particularly Japanese automakers, are strongly positioned for growth as average vehicle age declines and more drivers visit dealerships for parts and services.
• Sales of vehicle accessories such as in-dash navigation, electronics, and high-performance upgrades demonstrate strong growth among young driving population.
• Remanufacturers are successfully penetrating the ASEAN aftermarket, with recycled auto parts such as starters and alternators already capturing high shares.
• High inflation (X-X% annually) as thousands of new products enter the aftermarket, driving up parts prices and maintenance costs for ASEAN motorists.
Base Year: 2012
Study Period: 2012 to 2018
Forecast Period: 2013 to 2018, unless otherwise noted
Vehicle Type: Passenger cars and light commercial vehicles
Geographical Scope: Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia
Research Aim and Objectives
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, and forecast the ASEAN automotive aftermarket by providing a 360-degree perspective on factors that influence and affect its growth.
• To outline emerging trends, industry metrics, and transitional events that affect the aftermarket at present and in the future.
• To highlight areas where growth opportunities exist in the ever-evolving automotive aftermarket.
• To provide insights into a variety of topics beyond parts and service potential by investigating the impact of social, regulatory, legislative, political, and technological changes on the vehicle mix, product mix, product and service pricing, and promotion.
• To provide insights into technician skills and training, repair information, service locations, distribution, and logistics.
• To understand the direction of the industry on key issues.
• To provide recommendations to market participants that allow them to identify their position and how to best capitalize on the opportunities most relevant to the organization.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How is the ASEAN automotive aftermarket expected to grow?
What are the business dynamics and factors that affect the growth of the aftermarket?
Which products and services will offer growth opportunities in future?
What does the competitive scenario look like, and what actions should market participants take to be successful?
What are the industry best practices and trends that companies can leverage to expand market share?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background and Methodology
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Market Overview
5. Vehicles in Operation Analysis
6. Parts Analysis
7. Service Analysis
8. Distribution Channel Analysis
9. OES Channel Analysis
10. Regulatory Influences
11. Technology Trends
12. Consumer Trends
13. Conclusions and Future Outlook
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,176
SYS-CON Events announced today that SOA Software, an API management leader, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SOA Software is a leading provider of API Management and SOA Governance products that equip business to deliver APIs and SOA together to drive their company to mee...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,100
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 986
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 868
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 972
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,100
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / ...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596