|By JCN Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 07:20 AM EST||
Tokyo, Feb 4, 2014 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced the release in Japan of five new models of enterprise PCs in three product series', all equipped with the latest Windows 8.1 Pro operating system.
Enterprise tablets and laptop PCs being newly added to Fujitsu's product lineup are the FUJITSU PC LIFEBOOK T904/H, a convertible-type Ultrabook(TM) with a rotatable display that supports pen and touch input, as well as input with a keyboard. Three new models in the LIFEBOOK E series will replace the current models in the series. They share a similar design but have different screen sizes: the E754/H, with a 15.6" screen, the E744/H, with a 14" screen, and the E734/H, with a 13.3" screen.
Also added to the lineup is the FUJITSU PC ESPRIMO D552/H to the ESPRIMO line of enterprise desktop computers. It supports Windows 8.1 Pro and is equipped with the latest high-performance Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 processor.
Key Product Features
1. LIFEBOOK T904/H, the flexible and stylish Ultrabook(TM)
This convertible-type is a slim, lightweight Ultrabook(TM) with a 13.3" screen that has the high performance to serve as a user's primary office computer. With an ingenious hinge that lets the screen swivel in both directions and support for stylus input, it is ideally suited for a variety of situations, inside the office or on the go.
1) A convertible-type Ultrabook(TM) that can be used in a form best suited to the situation
A convertible design with a display that swivels in either direction enables users to choose the working style that best suits their application and circumstances. It functions as a conventional laptop with keyboard input for desk work, and can be used as a tablet with touch input for one-on-one presentations when visiting customers. The liquid-crystal display with a dual digitizer offers the benefits of precise handwriting recognition and multiple-touch. Also available is an intuitive finger touch input function, and a Wacom digitizer pen that can detect 1,024 gradations of pressure sensitivity equipped as standard, allowing input of detailed handwritten text and drawings just as writing on paper, without any erroneous input even if the user's palm comes into contact with the screen.
2) High-spec model equipped with exceptional performance
Equipped with the latest Windows 8.1 Pro OS and Intel(R) Core i5-4300U Processor, this computer also comes standard equipped with a hybrid hard disk drive (HDD) that combines a high-capacity HDD with flash memory. The hybrid HDD leverages the benefits of ample data storage capacity with high-speed processing and quick OS startup that flash memory enables. The 13.3" IGZO display offers ultra-sharp 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution so that finely written fonts are clear, with entire pages able to fit in a single screen without the need to scroll.
3) Solid construction and extensive security features
A compact chassis earns the LIFEBOOK T904/H Ultrabook(TM) status, and a torsion-resistant "ultra-compressed, solid core" construction gives it the ability to withstand a compression test of roughly 200 kgf across its surface(1) and drops of roughly 90 cm(2). A battery with roughly 12.5 hours of runtime(3) gives users the mobility to take it anywhere with confidence, and a fingerprint sensor, security chip, and smartcard slot equipped as standard, as well as an optional encrypted solid-state drive all support robust security on the go.
4) Slim and stylish new design
The model offers a beautiful view from any angle with "omni design," and demonstrates elegance by using metallic materials for the display's back cover and palm rest. It also combines style with functionality by using a "Shift Hinge(TM)(4)" structure, which reveals the volume button when in the tablet position.
2. New models in the LIFEBOOK E series of high-end laptops share common design
Three new models, each with a different screen size, have been added to the LIFEBOOK E series: the E754/H, with a 15.6" screen, the E744/H, with a 14" screen, and the E734/H, with a 13.3" screen.
All support the latest Windows 8.1 Pro OS and include an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300M processor as standard.
1) Shared design
Apart from the different screen sizes, the new laptops share internal components, such as the motherboard and BIOS, and also optional external parts, such as port replicators, AC adapters, and optional function-specific bay devices(5). In offices with unassigned seating, shared accessories means that separate items need not be purchased for every computer, cutting down on ICT costs. As user manuals and other items can be shared, businesses have the flexibility to choose the right tool for the job without increasing administrative costs.
2) Slim and stylish
The three models use metallic materials for their displays' back covers and palm rests, making for a stylish and slim form factor that is ideal for carrying around inside or outside the office. Despite their slim 20-mm profile, they also incorporate multiple bays into the chassis. With an isolation keyboard and unique coloring for the sides of keyboard keys, together with a palm rest featuring a hairline finish, these laptops raise the bar for design. The side-colored keys are not merely a cosmetic detail. They actually aid in key recognition and improve usability.
3. ESPRIMO D series of desktops upgraded across the board with new OS, CPU
The ESPRIMO D series has as of January 16 gained a new addition in the ESPRIMO D552/H, which supports the latest Windows 8.1 Pro operating system, and is available in custom-made versions with the Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 processor, the latest high-performance CPU. In addition, models in the ESPRIMO D series(6) have been upgraded to support Windows 8.1 Pro, and are equipped with the new fourth-generation Intel(R) Core(TM) processors.
4. CLEARSURE 3G/LTE remote data deletion
The LIFEBOOK T904/H 3G/LTE model and the LIFEBOOK E734/H 3G/LTE model both support Fujitsu's CLEARSURE 3G/LTE(7)remote data-deletion service(8). If a computer has been lost or stolen, the data on it can be deleted or the computer can be locked, remotely, even if the computer is shut down. This helps companies avoid information leaks with a high degree of certainty. While reducing the risk of data leaks, this feature enables companies to make full use of the mobility of these computers to increase productivity and efficiency.
Pricing and Availability
Product Name Sug Retail Price Shipment (excl tax) FUJITSU PC LIFEBOOK T904/H from JPY 396,900 from late February FUJITSU PC LIFEBOOK E754/H from JPY 236,400 from late February FUJITSU PC LIFEBOOK E744/H from JPY 276,900 from late February FUJITSU PC LIFEBOOK E734/H from JPY 230,800 from late February FUJITSU PC ESPRIMO D552/H from JPY 128,500 Now available(1) Compression test of roughly 200 kgf across its surface: In laptop or tablet positions. This does not guarantee against loss or damage.
(2) Drops of roughly 90 cm: When not running. This does not guarantee against loss or damage.
(3) 12.5 hours of runtime: When running Windows 8.1 Pro.
(4) Shift Hinge(TM): With Fujitsu's proprietary hinge structure, when the LCD screen is closed in laptop position series it becomes flush with the hinge-side panel.
(5) Optional function-specific bay devices: Options include a mobile projector unit, second battery unit, DVD-ROM/super multi-format drive.
(6) All models in the ESPRIMO D series: Excludes the ESPRIMO D582/G and ESPRIMO D551/G models, which remain available as is.
(7) CLEARSURE 3G/LTE: Use of CLEARSURE 3G/LTE requires subscription to MobileSUITE Terminal-Management Service and MobileSUITE Terminal-Management CLEARSURE 3G/LTE Service, as well as phone service that supports SMS. The LIFEBOOK T904/H is the only model for which the CLEARSURE 3G/LTE service cannot be used outside of Japan.
(8) Remote data-deletion service: With the encrypted hard drive or solid-state drive used in the data-deletion function in CLEARSURE 3G/LTE, the key used to decrypt data is deleted so that data stored on the hard drive or solid-state drive cannot be recovered. The data itself that is stored on the hard drive or solid state drive is not deleted. This function can only be used with encrypted hard drives or solid-state drives chosen as part of a customized selection.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net