|By Marketwired .||
|February 4, 2014 11:48 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- On February 9th, 1964, at 8:00pm, The Beatles, a rock band from Liverpool, launched the British Invasion when it performed live on the Ed Sullivan Show in New York City. Their performance changed the world. This year we mark the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four's unforgettable debut in the U.S. In honor of this milestone, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, salute the global legacy of The Beatles with their Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World.
Arguably no band had as much an influence on the musical, fashion, political and culture scene as The Beatles, and, 50 years later, the impact of this iconic foursome continues. As we celebrate The Beatles' debut in the U.S. we turn our eyes to top fan destinations located in the U.S. and the country that brought us the Fab Four -- the United Kingdom.
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom - Nothing says The Beatles like the birthplace of the Fab Four. Liverpool has become a hot spot for travelers looking to immerse themselves in the roots of The Beatles. Whether you tag along on a group tour, which are in abundance across the city, or you set out solo, must-sees include The Beatles Story Museum, the original Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, the childhood homes of John and Paul and St. Peter's Church. The original Cavern Club, where The Beatles played in their early days, is no longer in existence, but visit its replica across the street for tours and merchandise.
- New York, N.Y., United States - Directly across from where John Lennon was murdered in 1980 is a section of Central Park known as the Strawberry Fields Memorial. The iconic "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields is famously decorated year round and has become a place for people to pay their respects. In addition to visiting the memorial, Beatles fans can recreate photo ops at the Statue of Liberty, see the Ed Sullivan Theater where the foursome first played in the United States in 1964, and check out the residences of Yoko and John in the Village and at West 72nd Street.
- London, England, United Kingdom - It's hard to imagine a more iconic Beatles destination than Abbey Road, where the band did most of its recording from the early sixties until 1970. While Abbey Road studio is closed to the public, it provides a live, 24-hour stream of the zebra crossing made famous by The Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. Additionally, there are extensive tours for daytrippers covering London, including the My Life Walk and Magical Mystery Tour, covering hot spots like The Beatles Coffee Shop, film locations for "A Hard Day's Night" and more.
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States - The Beatles might not be synonymous with Cleveland, but as home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this locale offers plenty of Beatles-inspired opportunities for fans - young and old. The Beatles exhibit is extensive, with more than 70 artifacts, including John Lennon's Gibson guitar, self-portraits done by Stuart Sutcliffe and birthday cards among band members. Plus, check out other exhibits at the Hall of Fame, telling the history of other beloved rock and roll musicians.
- Las Vegas, Nev., United States - Las Vegas is a hot spot for music entertainment and theatrical shows; it's also home to Cirque du Soleil's Beatles-inspired production, "Love." A loose biography based on the band, "Love" incorporates theater punctuated by Beatles favorites and celebrates their legacy. During the creation of "Love" there was significant involvement from Paul, Ringo and the surviving widows of John and George for more than three years. "Love" has become a popular spectacle for fans to bask in the history and music of the Fab Four.
The Beatles impact circled the globe so our list of top fan destinations also includes Hamburg, Germany; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Rishikesh, India; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Prague, Czech Republic. To read the complete details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Beatles Fan Destinations around the World, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-beatles-fan-destinations-around-the-world.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2511438
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
Jun. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
Jun. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 173
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
Jun. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,580
Jun. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 317
Jun. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,148
Jun. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,303
Jun. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
Jun. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,120
Jun. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,254
Jun. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,353
Jun. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,126
Jun. 3, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,026
Jun. 3, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,193
Jun. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,310
Jun. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,088