|By ACN Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 10:32 PM EST||
Singapore, Feb 5, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said securities and derivatives trading volumes declined while its clearing activities grew in January.
- Total value of securities traded was $22.5 billion, down 44% from $40.1 billion last year; daily average value declined to $1.1 billion from $1.8 billion.
- A total of 44 bonds were listed, raising $23.8 billion, an increase of 18% year-on-year. The biggest debts listed were 2 Indonesian sovereign bond issues, namely the US$2 billion 5.875% Notes due 2024 and US$2 billion 6.75% Notes due 2044.
- There were 5 new IPOs in January raising $412 million, compared with $10 million raised from 1 IPO in January 2013.
- Derivatives volume declined 7% year-on-year to 8.8 million contracts.
- Open interest at end-January rose 6% from a year earlier to 3.1 million contracts.
- China A50 futures volume rose 21% to 2.4 million contracts, MSCI Taiwan futures trading declined 14% to 1.4 million contracts while Nikkei 225 futures trading was down 29% to 2.4 million contracts. The MSCI Indonesia futures volume more than doubled to 23,916 contracts.
- A total of $6.9 billion of new OTC financial derivatives transactions were cleared, up 6% year-on-year.
- Volume of SGX AsiaClear commodities cleared more than doubled year-on-year to 108,710 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps, futures and options cleared more than doubled from a year earlier to a record 98,348 contracts. Open interest also hit a monthly record of 87,519 contracts.
- SICOM rubber futures volume increased 6% from a year earlier to 28,049 contracts.
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: email@example.com Loh Wei Ling Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.