|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 02:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- MWC 2014 Barcelona - The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance (http://www.fidoalliance.org/), an industry consortium revolutionizing online authentication with open standards for strong authentication, today announced plans for Mobile World Congress (MWC) taking place in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014. FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that illustrate how universal strong authentication can establish trust and contribute to mobile and online expansion of services and secure user transactions. FIDO authentication equips users of online, cloud, and mobile applications to access sites and services and confirm transactions with better authentication that is more secure, private, and easier-to-use than passwords and PINs.
"At Mobile World Congress, FIDO Alliance members will engage the global mobile community in our important quest for universal strong authentication. Like the Internet, the mobile industry is limited until strong authentication standards are ubiquitous. Trust is foundational to mobile markets -- mobile users who can trust that the products and services they use are secure and private will organically push markets for more," said Michael Barrett, president of the FIDO Alliance. "With FIDO authentication, mobile services and products become easier to use with authentication that is simple, yet more secure and private than passwords and PINs."
Meet the FIDO Alliance at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Tuesday, February 25 from 11:00 am-2:30 pm, Room CC 1.1 - The GSMA will host the Personal Data Seminar, sharing the latest developments in the digital identity landscape. FIDO Alliance founding board member, and Synaptics Chief Evangelist, BPD Sebastien Taveau will lead a 40-minute panel discussion "Why the Market Chooses Digital Identity Solutions" with service providers from various vertical industries.
- Thursday, February 27 from 1:30-4:00 pm, Hall 4 (Conference Village), Auditorium 5 -- "Developing the Ecosystem for Mobile Identity Services" -- the first segment of the panel will feature FIDO Alliance board members Nok Nok Labs and Synaptics in a joint presentation introducing the FIDO Alliance to MWC business leaders. Speakers Rajiv Dholakia, VP, Products, Nok Nok Labs and Bret Sewell, SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Synaptics will be presenting for 15 minutes and be available for questions during the panel session and immediately thereafter.
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), FIDO Alliance board member, will host several FIDO Alliance members in a discussion: "Safer Cloud: How to Unlock the Potential of Cloud Services". A "convenient security" event, the presentation will focus on security and privacy in the mobile world -- core expertise of OT. Cloud services, and MNOs, especially, will benefit from understanding how to unlock the potential of Cloud services. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127.
- Nok Nok Labs will be present at GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31. To schedule a meeting with a NNL executive, please contact [email protected].
FIDO Ready Products and Innovative Authentication at Mobile World Congress
FIDO Alliance members participating with FIDO Ready products and services at MWC include AGNITiO, Infineon Technologies, Nok Nok Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
FIDO Alliance members will demonstrate FIDO Ready products that are based on FIDO specifications. These solutions have undergone an interoperability testing process against the draft specification, hosted by an independent testing organization and leveraging the Nok Nok Labs Multifactor Authentication Client and Server. MWC demonstrations of FIDO Ready products will illustrate the clear value interoperable, easy-to-use, secure and private authentication devices and solutions can deliver to mobile platforms, transactions, and users.
Organizations are increasingly challenged to manage user bases of personal information and passwords. While their users are increasingly frustrated trying to remember and manage multiple passwords to access sites and services and confirm actions they take every day. FIDO innovations address a key pain point for mobile users and providers, including the range of Relying Parties offering mobile and cloud services, who currently must attempt to manage users' passwords across a virulent threat landscape. Industry-driven FIDO authentication enables existing and new authentication products and services to deliver better authentication that overcomes the prevailing reliance on passwords. Specifications for FIDO authentication outline a model with a core focus on privacy -- all biometric and/or personally identifiable information (PII) stays local on the user's mobile device and is not shared to the cloud or over the network.
- AGNITiO "Voice iD" protects a user from device to call center, by identifying their unique, natural spoken voice. AGNITiO will demonstrate Voice iD as a simple, universal way to replace passwords and PINs when authenticating smartphones, laptops and applications, and securing digital transactions. See Voice iD in multifactor demonstrations at Showstoppers, February 23 from 4-7pm in the Palau de la Musica Catalana; and Oberthur Technologies' Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31.
- GO-Trust FIDO microSD supports FIDO login and includes 8GB memory capacity for user storage. FIDO microSD will work with 99 percent of existing laptops and personal computers and the one billion Android devices in the marketplace, making devices FIDO Ready. For enterprises and end users, microSD will soon be available at popular online merchants like eBay and Amazon. Demos of GO-Trust FIDO microSD can be seen at Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR.
- Infineon Technologies will demonstrate multiple FIDO Ready products for mobile and PC applications that take advantage of Infineon security controllers. A founding member of the FIDO Alliance, Infineon strongly focuses on FIDO certifications in order to equip system providers with secure integration and management of online credentials. Infineon is committed to enabling millions of users of PCs, tablets and smartphones to securely authenticate themselves before executing online transactions. Infineon Technologies booth, Hall 2 Stand 21 10MR
- Nok Nok Labs will be at GSMA, The Connected City, demonstrating a combined solution with Oberthur Technologies, showing the UAF protocol running inside a SIM card on an Android smartphone. Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31,
- NXP Semiconductors brings Cyber Security to cloud services through FIDO Ready products, using both UAF & U2F protocols. Simpler user experience and stronger authentication; NXP will demonstrate mobile platform integration including a Secure Element running the Universal Authentication Framework scheme connecting to a live backend server. Determined to solve online credentials and sensitive transaction challenges, NXP's Secure Element brings leading-edge secure connections to cloud services. Hall 7 Stand 7 C31
- Oberthur Technologies (OT), with fellow FIDO Alliance board member, Nok Nok Labs, will present a world's first demonstration of FIDO authentication in a SIM. OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127; and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
- Oberthur Technologies and FIDO Alliance founding member AGNITiO, in a second demonstration of "convenient security", will show "My Voice is My Password", the SESAMES award-winning solution from CARTES 2013. Online and mobile payments and other transactions are made both easy and secure for users, who employ their unique voice biometric to confirm transactions, while biometric data and software are kept safe on a mobile phone's only trustworthy element: the embedded secure element (eSE). OT Booth, Hall 6 Stand 6127 and GSMA, The Connected City, Hall 3 Stand 3A11 & 3A31
Open FIDO specifications will support a full range of authentication technologies, including biometrics such as fingerprint and iris scanners, voice and facial recognition, as well as further enabling existing solutions and communications standards, such as Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), USB Security Tokens, embedded Secure Elements (eSE), Smart Cards, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Near Field Communication (NFC). The open specifications are being designed to be extensible and to accommodate future innovation, as well as protect existing investments. FIDO specifications allow the interaction of technologies within an interoperable infrastructure, enabling authentication choice to meet the distinct needs of users and organizations.
About The FIDO Alliance
The FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, www.fidoalliance.org, was formed in July 2012 to address the lack of interoperability among strong authentication technologies, and remedy the problems users face with creating and remembering multiple usernames and passwords. The Alliance plans to change the nature of authentication by developing standards-based specifications for simpler, stronger authentication that define an open, scalable, interoperable set of mechanisms that reduce reliance on passwords. FIDO authentication is stronger, private, and easier to use when authenticating to online services.
The FIDO Alliance Board of Directors includes leading global organizations: Blackberry®; CrucialTec (KRX: 114120); Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS); Google; Lenovo; MasterCard (NYSE: MA); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Nok Nok Labs, Inc.; NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI); Oberthur Technologies OT; PayPal (NASDAQ: EBAY) ; RSA®; Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA); Yubico
for FIDO Alliance
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,860
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,957
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,835
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,695
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,446
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,948
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,692
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,785
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,358
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,511
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,124
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,993
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,148
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,937
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 7,176