|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 08:05 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Manduka, purveyor of high performance yoga gear and the #1 choice of yoga teachers worldwide, welcomes spring with the most comprehensive performance towel and mat collection. The innovative collection now includes the eKO Lite mat with improved cushion and wet grip, and the most expansive performance towel collection including yogitoes patent skidless technology and 10 bold spring colors. Reflecting Manduka's commitment to inspire the community, Spring 2014 launches with a Live What MATters campaign, calling yogis to share how their practice reveals what matters in life.
"This spring we reveal a premium mat and towel that connects with the most diverse range of yoga practitioners worldwide," said Sky Meltzer, CEO of Manduka. "We're excited to showcase inspiring new colors and performance enhancements in a wider spectrum of price points for our customers. For Manduka, design, innovation and sustainability matter – and we look forward to sharing these values with our community and inspiring a more joyful yoga practice."
The 2014 Spring Collection includes:
- Manduka PRO ($118-$140) Black Quest, Black Drift Limited Edition two-toned, Black Dare Limited Edition two-toned—Lifetime guaranteed, legendary mat with unparalleled comfort and cushioning, super non-slip fabric-like finish and simple, elegant design.
- PROlite ($78-88) Lure, Dare, Promise, Quest, Verge Limited Edition two-toned— Lifetime guaranteed, fresh alternative for people who like lightweight yoga mats with superior quality and comfort.
- eKO Mats ($40-98) Drift, Rally, Sway, Quest—The newly improved mat now features a grippy top surface and introduces a new 4mm size, ensuring maximum cushion in the eKO lite mat and the ultimate wet grip.
- The yogitoes We Are One Collection Mat Towels ($64) Thunder, Midnight, Sway, Quest, Arise—A eco-conscious towel featuring patented silicon nub Skidless technology for excellent grip, even in super sweaty conditions.
- eQua towels ($16-48) Dare, Drift, Kindred, Sway, Quest, Uplift limited edition ombre, Verge limited edition ombre—hand and mat towels are for life—lightweight, yet plush, durable and super absorbent.
Manduka's new colors are inspired by South America's lively landscape, fashion, architecture and supportive community culture. The addition adds a total of 10 shades to the company's existing color palette: dare (orange), lure (pink), arise (red), elevate (cyan), drift (grey), twist (lime green), sway (emerald green), quest (sky blue), kindred (violet) and promise (lavender). A selection of these colors will also be incorporated to many of Manduka's classic products including, blocks, straps, bolsters, cushions, eye pillow, blankets, Go-Series carriers and Journey On carriers.
To ignite the 2014 campaign of Live What MATters, Manduka will begin an eight-week Instagram giveaway to support yogis to live for what matters. Yogis are encouraged to share a photo or video tagged with #WhatMATters and @Mandukayoga that complements the weekly themes that include yoga MATters, design MATters and joy MATters. Winners will be selected weekly to win a special gift pack that caters to the weekly theme with the updated eKoLite mat and a yogitoes towel from the We Are One Collection. Manduka will also share the community's stories on its social networks and company blog.
The complete Live What MATters and new spring colors collection can be found here at www.manduka.com/Spring2014.
Founded in 1997, Manduka was built on the simple idea that a better yoga mat can make a world of difference in your practice. Manduka strives to support and enrich the yoga community by providing premium quality mats and products while respecting employees, customers, materials, and the environment. Created for and by yoga enthusiasts, Manduka's technical and purpose-driven product designs meet and often exceed the distinct needs of all practitioners. Today Manduka's products, which include yoga mats, towels, yoga straps, water bottles, and bags, are sold in more than 35 countries around the world. Not only focusing on superior design, Manduka also promotes their ethos of quality, thoughtfulness and sustainability in all realms of their business.