|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 10:23 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Assessing the Customer Preference for Low Voltage Product Brands in Four Southeast Asian Countries
Products covered in the study are low voltage circuit breakers, contactors, disconnectors and relays. End-user brand preference of various brands are analyzed in detail for sectors such as residential, commercial complexes, hospitals, hotels, datacenters and telecom sector.
Research Objective and Methodology
This study investigates end-user brand preference of Low Voltage (LV) power products based on several key parameters in Southeast Asia (SE Asia). The analysis and findings presented in this research study are based on a survey of 50-60 product distributors, dealers, and system integrators.
The survey questionnaire was answered by a sample of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators for each SE Asian country.
• Sample size is a combination of LV power product dealers, distributors, and system integrators.
• A total of Xinterviews were conducted in Southeast Asia. Quotas were set to ensure an approximately equal number of respondents per country.
• In certain charts, numbers may not add to 100% because of rounding.
Field work was conducted from July to August 2013.
• The Philippines
• Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
• Residual Current Device (RCD)
• Molded-case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
• Air Circuit Breaker (ACB)
• Disconnectors and Switches
• Relays and Contactors
Electrical Packaged Solutions: These are integrated packages containing LV products and assemblies supplied to residential/commercial projects.
• The most price sensitive customers are in the residential sector, while the commercial buildings segment is most keen on adhering to delivery schedules.
• The telecom sector, and hospitals and institutions are very particular about procuring LV products of recognized brands and high quality.
• ABB and Schneider Electric and the two most preferred customer brands amongst SE Asian customers.
• LS Industrial Systems, Eaton Corporation, Hager, and GAC from Taiwan are preferred in the residential sector, along with Chinese and local brands. Residential customers in Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia are more brand-driven than in the rest of Southeast Asia.
• System integrators, dealers, and distributors of LV power products play a key role in product distribution. In all customer segments, majority of the distribution is routed through dealers and distributors.
• There has been an increasing trend among the residential and commercial customers to procure 'electrical package-solution' over products, mostly in Malaysia and Singapore.
1. The residential and commercial building sectors are price sensitive—competitors such as LSIS and Eaton Corporation are the most preferred brands.
2. Telecom, datacenters, and hospitals have a high preference for recognized brands and product quality. ABB, Schneider Electric, and Siemens AG were preferred by these customers.
3. Consistent product enhancements such as compact design, increased efficiency, and reliability have attracted customers in the Singapore and Malaysia markets.
4. All customer sectors except residential users have an increased preference for procuring LV product solution packages.
5. Best practices such as prompt customer service support and delivery time adherence play a significant role in shaping a customer's brand preferences.
Table of Contents
1. Research Objective, Methodology, and Scope
2. Executive Summary
5. The Philippines
8. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Southeast Asia Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Brand Preferences
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 03:00 AM EST Reads: 894
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,247
AppZero has announced that its award-winning application migration software is now fully qualified within the Microsoft Azure Certified program. AppZero has undergone extensive technical evaluation with Microsoft Corp., earning its designation as Microsoft Azure Certified. As a result of AppZero's work with Microsoft, customers are able to easily find, purchase and deploy AppZero from the Azure Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users have an Azure-based solution for moving applications to the...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 836
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,231
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 858
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,216
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,318
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,875
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,697
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,979
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,899
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,888
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,187
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,184
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's