|By Elizabeth White||
|February 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST||
New Relic has announced a remarkable year of fiscal performance and innovation achievements in 2013. The six-year-old company more than doubled its annual revenue at 120 percent year over year. With more than 18 product and feature announcements, the year yielded market firsts in application performance monitoring for native mobile apps and the world's first open SaaS platform and trailblazing innovation with the introduction of Project Rubicon, a new real-time querying solution that delivers on the company's Software Analytics vision. Gaining significant momentum among large and global enterprise markets, New Relic passed an active customer account milestone of over 80,000 unique accounts.
New Relic surpassed all quarterly growth targets for the final three months of 2013 and the year as a whole. In 2013, New Relic added more than 500 enterprise customers to their customer base. With its fast adoption of its APM solutions in the enterprise, New Relic is showing that large organizations are rapidly adopting SaaS solutions in this space.
Powering Through 2013
Here are notable New Relic company highlights from calendar year 2013:
- Raised $80 million in financing
- Delivered an industry first with real-time monitoring of native mobile apps, and then later in the year, extended these monitoring capabilities from the device all the way to the back-end
- Launched the world's first open SaaS platform, enabling a seamless view to monitor any technology through New Relic's intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Broadened the company's distribution channel with the addition of more than 80 partners, growing the number to more than 280 global partners
- Strengthened the executive team with the addition of former Oracle and salesforce.com leader Hilarie Koplow-McAdams as chief revenue officer and former Oracle executive Dennis Reno as vice president of customer success. New to the company's board of directors are financial gurus Peter Currie and Square CFO Sarah Friar
- Hosted FutureStack13, the company's first-ever tech conference with more than 800 attendees, and speakers from Airbnb, AllThingsD, Gigaom, Microsoft, Pivotal, Rackspace, Square and Twitter
Industry recognition included:
- Named a leader in the Gartner report, "2013 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management." This is the second year in a row New Relic has been placed in the leaders quadrant
- Recognized as a leader in the IDC report, "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Production APM Software as a Service 2013 Vendor Analysis"
- Awarded a "Best Place to Work in the Bay Area" by the San Francisco Business Times
- Named a "Top Workplace" by The Oregonian and Portland Monthly Magazine
New Relic today, by the numbers:
- Collecting more than 200 billion metrics daily
- 467 million unique mobile devices monitored (from Mar 2013 to Jan 2014)
- Monitoring more than 15 million page views daily
- 80,000 active customer accounts and counting
- More than 23,000 plugins installed on New Relic Platform
"2013 was an amazing year for New Relic. We held up a high bar, and yet, we achieved all of our goals in our efforts to become one of the world's top 10 cloud software companies. We continue to put the product first and refuse to rest on our laurels. So far, we've disrupted the industry with a comprehensive SaaS-only APM solution. Expect more innovation as we deliver on our vision for Software Analytics -- delivering new insights from the billions of metrics from live application data to help make better business decisions."
- Lew Cirne, Founder and CEO, New Relic
- Hear more from our executive team as they reflect on 2013 and share their vision for 2014 on our blog here
- Check out our year in review from in our latest info graphic by visiting www.newrelic.com/2013
About New Relic
New Relic is a software analytics company that makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution provides one powerful interface for web and native mobile applications and consolidates the performance monitoring data for any chosen technology in your environment. Our 80,000 customers use our cloud solution every day to optimize more than 200 billion metrics for 3 million applications. When your brand and customer experience depend on the performance of modern software, New Relic provides insight into your overall environment. Learn more at newrelic.com.