|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2014 09:57 AM EST||
SHELTON, CT -- (Marketwired) -- 02/07/14 -- NXT-ID, Inc. (OTCQB: NXTD), a biometrics company focused on the growing m-commerce market, today announced the release of new product images and a consumer FAQ for Wocket which is set to launch this year. Wocket is a smart wallet much like the smart phone and smart watch. NXT-ID is introducing its innovative, patent-pending Wocket as the next natural step in the evolution of smart devices.
Answering consumer question number one, "Why buy a Wocket? ", the FAQ tells us "Wocket replaces all the cards in your wallet. Wocket keeps all your information private while reducing the number of cards you have to carry with you. Wocket is smartest wallet you will ever own."
Credit, debit, ATM, loyalty, gift, ID, membership, insurance, ticket, emergency, medical, business, contacts, coupon, and virtually any card can be protected on Wocket. Up to 10,000 cards, records, coupons, etc. and up to 100 voice commands can also be stored on Wocket and more can be supported with optional additional memory.
In terms of personal security, Wocket can assure consumers that private information cannot be accessed or stolen. A combination of voice biometrics, personal PIN or pattern provides multi-factor security for your Wocket. Wocket protects whatever information is stored in it so that it cannot be released to any other individual or device without the user's permission.
Addressing competition in the digital wallet market, NXT-ID notes in the FAQ; "Rather than replace a wallet as many 'digital wallet' technologies attempt to do, we chose to improve the wallet. Unlike other digital wallet solutions that depend on connectivity to choose a payment account, Wocket does not depend upon the cloud to select or make a payment."
Other product feature announcements are pending as the Wocket launch rolls out but some of the unique features include:
1. Anti-tamper: Wocket contains certain anti-tamper components to protect certain secrets used within dynamic pairing authentication and encryption key generation. For instance, these probe-proof parts destroy themselves if probing is attempted as well as protect against man-in-the-middle and other type interrogations.
2. Custom categories: Private information is stored as "softcards" on the Wocket. These softcards can be grouped via category names customized by the owner so that they are accessible very quickly via an organization method that best suits the owner of the data.
3. Voice cards: Although organization of softcards via user-customized categories enables users to find data faster, the fastest and simplest interface possible is to simply ask for the card. Our voicematch algorithm not only enables the user to ask for the softcard, but it also authenticates the owner of the information as he or she speaks.
4. Light Pipe: Wocket utilizes a new innovative light pipe technology to provide outstanding visibility even in the darkest environment.
5. Low-Power: Wocket's low power features include one of the lowest power touch interfaces and voice processing solutions in the world, providing long-lasting battery life.
6. No charge needed: Unlike many other devices that require a recharge, not only does the Wocket provide long battery life, but Wocket utilizes replaceable CR-2032 batteries commonly found at any retail store."
Interested consumers can also sign up for product info and news alerts in anticipation of the product launch.
About NXT- ID Inc. - Mobile Security for a Mobile World
NXT-ID, Inc.'s (OTCQB: NXTD) innovative MobileBio solution mitigates consumer risks associated with mobile computing, m-commerce and smart OS-enabled devices. The company is focused on the growing m-commerce market, launching its innovative MobileBio suite of biometric solutions that secure consumers' mobile platforms led by the Wocket; a next generation smart wallet designed to replace all the cards in your wallet, no smart phone required. The Wocket works anywhere credit cards are accepted and only works with your biometric stamp of approval. http://www.thewocket.com/, http://www.wocketwallet.com/
Forward-Looking Statements for NXT-ID
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements reflect management's current expectations, as of the date of this press release, and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements include statements herein with respect to the successful execution of the Company's business strategy. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward- looking statements as a result of various factors. Such risks and uncertainties include, among other things, our ability to establish and maintain the proprietary nature of our technology through the patent process, as well as our ability to possibly license from others patents and patent applications necessary to develop products; the availability of financing; the Company's ability to implement its long range business plan for various applications of its technology; the Company's ability to enter into agreements with any necessary marketing and/or distribution partners; the impact of competition, the obtaining and maintenance of any necessary regulatory clearances applicable to applications of the Company's technology; and management of growth and other risks and uncertainties that may be detailed from time to time in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2514549