|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2014 11:55 AM EST||
Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will showcase its industry-leading aerospace, defense and security technologies at the 2014 Singapore Air Show (@SGAirshow) at the Changi Exhibition Centre Feb. 11 – 16. Exelis will be located in the U.S. Pavilion at stand R767, and at chalet C22/24.
“We are excited to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones during the Singapore Airshow. Because it is the leading aviation and aerospace event in Asia, our participation is critical to support our growing international business in the region,” said Chris Tucker, Exelis vice president of international business development. “As Exelis continues to expand our leadership in the strategic growth areas of critical networks, electronic warfare, and networked communications, we want to showcase our technologically-advanced, proven and reliable technologies to existing and new customers.”
Exelis will highlight the following capabilities in Singapore:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) that enables electronic warfare self-protection for a growing number of international F-16 aircraft, providing fighter pilots with situational awareness and protection against radar-based threats.
- An upgraded version of the ALQ-136 electronic warfare system, which provides self-protection and mission-enabling technologies for the AH-64 Apache helicopter.
- Carriage and release technology, including advanced pneumatic systems that allow manned and unmanned aircraft to carry a wide range of mission payloads more efficiently and affordably through lower maintenance requirements.
- SwitchplusIP® is an interoperable communication system that uses Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology to enable operators to establish a critical link between communication centers and tactical communication assets. SwitchplusIP is fault tolerant and has network redundancy at every point to ensure high availability and minimum downtime. SwitchplusIP is used in emergency call centers, other command and control applications and can also be used in mobile command centers.
- The binocular i-Aware TM-NVG, connects individuals to larger tactical networks, providing enhanced situational awareness. This flexible technology can be employed as a part of a complete system or used as a stand-alone night vision goggle.
- SpearNet, a mobile ad hoc networking solution that combines voice, integrated GPS with situational awareness reporting, and data transfer of 100-1500 Kbps across dismounted networks spanning distances of up to six kilometers. SpearNet establishes and maintains voice and data communications within difficult environments such as tunnels, ship cargo holds, fast moving vehicles, and buildings.
- The Individual Soldier System, which integrates voice, video and data; allows commanders to view what personnel in the field are seeing, and send information directly to a night vision goggle’s display in a light and sound secure way. This system integrates the Exelis i-Aware TM-NVG with the high-data rate SpearNet radio using Jagwire to provide on-demand access to critical geospatial intelligence data, reducing the time from collection to decision.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in timing and navigation, sensors, air traffic solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems, logistics and technical services; and we are focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 19,000 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Samsung VP Jacopo Lenzi, who headed the company's recent SmartThings acquisition under the auspices of Samsung's Open Innovaction Center (OIC), answered a few questions we had about the deal. This interview was in conjunction with our interview with SmartThings CEO Alex Hawkinson. IoT Journal: SmartThings was developed in an open, standards-agnostic platform, and will now be part of Samsung's Ope...
Oct. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,735
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an In...
Oct. 25, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,745
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud...
Oct. 25, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,863
StackIQ offers a comprehensive software suite that automates the deployment, provisioning, and management of Big Infrastructure. With StackIQ’s software, you can spin up fully configured big data clusters, quickly and consistently — from bare-metal up to the applications layer — and manage them efficiently. Our software’s modular architecture allows customers to integrate nearly any application wi...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,797
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, will focus on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,744
As Platform as a Service (PaaS) matures as a category, developers should have the ability to use the programming language of their choice to build applications and have access to a wide array of services. Bluemix is IBM's open cloud development platform that enables users to easily build cloud-based, creative mobile and web applications without having to spend large amounts of time and resources o...
Oct. 25, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,822
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, will discuss how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will nee...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,471
When you set off to build an app that will change the world, designing your system architecture to be reliable and scalable is important but the stark reality is that, for your MVP, you probably had a “need for speed” (of development). You didn’t know what all the axes were to scale your application, where your stress points would be, and what weird and wonderful ways your customers would use it d...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,292
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,555
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, ...
Oct. 23, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,755