|By PR Newswire||
|February 7, 2014 02:30 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthy Beverage Expo (#HealthyBevExpo), dedicated to supporting and fueling the healthy drink segment of the beverage market, takes place May 29 – 31, 2014 in Long Beach, Calif. at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center. The event focuses on better-for-you beverages with healthful ingredients, facilitating the dialogue surrounding what "healthy" means to the industry and ultimately the consumer. The event is co-located with the annual World Tea Expo (#WorldTeaExpo), and the combined Expos attract around 5,000+ attendees, a total of 260+ collective exhibitors, and top businesses and professionals from more than 50 countries. For details and registration, visit HealthyBeverageExpo.com and WorldTeaExpo.com.
"Healthy Beverage Expo is where high-level debate and conversation happens, as to what defines a healthy beverage," says George Jage, group director of The Beverage Group at F+W Media, Inc. "With a massive paradigm shift with consumers' behavior, there is skyrocketing demand for healthier beverage choices in the market. And the marketplace is very strong for this segment, with the industry positioning itself to capitalize. Thus, Healthy Beverage Expo, now in its second year, is powering the trade by linking the industry to companies whose products and brands are supporting a well lifestyle."
With its successful 2013 launch, Healthy Beverage Expo will continue to gather forward-thinking beverage companies and professionals to meet face-to-face with key buyers. Some of last year's attendees include: A.E. Wease Distributing, Amazon.com, Associated Buyers, Bernick's Beverages & Vending, Campbell Soup Company, Consolidated Foods, Core-Mark, Costco Wholesale Corporation, Daymon Worldwide, DPI Specialty Foods, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, H-E-B, HomeGoods, Hy-Vee, JBM Sales, The Kroger Co., PepsiCo, Starbucks Coffee Company, Target Corporation, Whole Foods Market and hundreds more.
In addition to buyers, Healthy Beverage Expo attracts distributors, manufacturers, retailers and dietitians, all of whom can preview and compare an extensive range of healthy beverage options, explore newly launched products, source vendors, hear from top imbibe experts, establish key relationships and evaluate opportunities to capitalize on this key beverage segment.
On the Expo floor, exhibitors must meet certain product standards, including no Saccharin, Aspartame, Monosodium Glutamate or High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Products must also have no more than 100 mg of caffeine per 12 ounce serving and no excessive added sugars. Beverages containing more than 20 grams of total sugars per 12-ounce serving are subject to review. Also, no beverages may exceed 0.5 percent alcohol by volume.
Jonas Feliciano, beverages analyst, Euromonitor International, who's set to present at Healthy Beverage Expo, says, "Health and wellness beverages—whether categorized as naturally healthy, fortified/functional, better for you or organic—continue to reach new heights in the U.S. market, eclipsing the U.S. $64 billion mark in 2013. Consumer demand for naturally healthy and organic beverages has surged in recent years, and the demand for transparency will continue, underscoring the need for beverage manufacturers to clean up their labels and produce beverages that are both refreshing and healthy." Feliciano's session at the event is entitled: "Hot and Cold: The Evolution of a Healthier Iced Tea in North America and Asia Pacific."
Healthy Beverage Expo looks at the critical issues the industry should address and the latest healthy beverage trends and topics. The conference is made up of Core Conference Seminars, and the speaking panel is comprised of the most influential and powerful thought leaders in the industry. Some of the numerous topics include:
- "The Science of Energy Ingredients" – looks at the story, the science, the rewards and the risks of the most popular and controversial products in the beverage industry.
- "Tastes Great or Less Filling: The Great Sweetener Debate" – considers the future of sweeteners.
- "Healthy Beverage Initiatives in Health Care" – discusses how healthier beverage options are being introduced in healthcare facilities.
- "Short & Sweet: Lightning Round of Sweetener Innovations" – offers and in-depth overview of the innovative and new sweeteners used in or available for product development.
- "Neurobiology of Mood Drinks" – reviews the neurobiology and marketing of healthier beverages, which help modulate mood and daily energy levels through the inclusion of bio actives.
- "GMO in the Know: Promises and Precautions" – evaluates industry promises, government regulation, labeling and risks.
- "HPP: The Fastest Growing Trend in the Beverage Industry" – argues why and how High Pressure Processing (HPP) is evolving beverages and what this could mean for the retailer.
- "Staying out of Jail and the Courtroom – Marketing Products to Sell Without Going over the Line" – shows the fundamental differences between the regulation of beverage products and liquid dietary supplements by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
About The Beverage Group, a division of F+W Media
The Beverage Group, a division of F+W Media, Inc., is an integrated media company dedicated to providing business solutions to the global beverage industry. Events include: Healthy Beverage Expo and World Tea Expo. The Beverage Group also produces the North American Tea Championship, World Tea Academy and World Tea News.
F+W Media is a community-focused, content creator and marketer of products and services for enthusiasts. The Company offers a diversified portfolio of books, ebooks, magazines, events, competitions, ecommerce, education, video and more. The Company serves 20 different markets, including writing, fine art, genealogy, antiques and collectibles, design, outdoors and horticulture. Its growing portfolio includes print and online properties, free and for-fee subscription sites, educational programs, competitions and events. See www.fwmedia.com.
SOURCE The Beverage Group, a division of F+W Media