|By Business Wire||
|February 9, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
Today, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced the winners of its 2013 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. Applauding outstanding leadership and performance, the IAB Sales Awards are bestowed upon individuals and organizations that have demonstrated significant success in interactive advertising sales, as determined by a survey of executives in the interactive advertising buying community, both agencies and advertisers. The IAB Service Excellence Awards recognize exceptional member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made at the 2014 IAB Leadership Meeting: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda” at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA.
Sales Excellence Awards
The IAB Sales Executive Council oversees the Sales Excellence Awards program. In partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a noted research firm specializing in the agency and marketer communities, the IAB Sales Executive Council determined which awards would be given and developed the criteria for the awards. Advertiser Perceptions, Inc. then deployed and fielded a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standard of excellence.
Approximately 600 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on interactive advertising over the last year.
2013 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Overall Sales Excellence for Large Digital Sales Organizations: NBCUniversal Digital Advertising Sales
- Overall Sales Excellence for Small to Mid-Size Digital Sales Organizations: LinkedIn
- Leadership Through Mentoring: Meredith Kopit Levien, Executive Vice President, Advertising, New York Times
Sales Person of the Year:
- West Coast: Scott Gellman, Google
- South: Dane Farnum, LinkedIn
- East Coast: Elizabeth Fasano, Pandora
- Central: Jeff Globish, Hulu
“These Sales Excellence Award honorees have proven themselves admirably on an incredibly competitive and complex playing field,” said Sherrill Mane, Senior Vice President, Research, Analytics and Measurement, IAB. “Their stellar sales achievements are only made more remarkable, when you consider that these awards are determined by buy-side executives, who recognize their talent and dedication to the needs of advertisers and agencies.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have exhibited strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 20 IAB councils and committees and dozens of working groups.
“Winners of this year’s Service Excellence Awards represent an unwavering commitment to the betterment of the interactive advertising industry — to the benefit of stakeholders across the spectrum,” said Julie Van Ullen, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “We celebrate each of their achievements today, looking forward to their continued accomplishments in the digital marketing arena in the years to come.”
2013 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Patrick Albano, VP, Sales - Mobile, Social & Innovation, Yahoo and Dan Greenberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Sharethrough for their leadership role in the creation of the “IAB Native Advertising Playbook”
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings, Inc. & Founder, Federated Media Publishing, for the creation and leadership of the Traffic of Good Intent Task Force
- Sandro Camarao, VP, Product Management, MediaBrix, Inc., for his leadership in the 2013 revision of the “IAB Games Platform Status Report”
- Frannie Danzinger, Director of Marketplace Development, Bizo, for spearheading the creation of two IAB/Bizo “B2B for Dummies” guides with Wiley Publishing
- James Deaker, Vice President of Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo, for being the driving force behind the “Data Primer 2.0”
- J. Allen Dove, Chief Technology Officer, SpotXchange, for his leadership of the Data Standards Quality & Best Practices Working Group and his contributions to Audience Exchange Protocol
- Michael Evangelista, VP, Product Management, FreeWheel, for his hard work and dedication in updating the “Video Metrics Definitions” whitepaper
- Paula Foundeur, Research Director, Vibrant Media, and John Haskin, CMO, 33Across, for their stellar contributions to Mobile Rising Stars research
- Anne Frisbie, VP & General Manager, Global Alliances, InMobi, for her ongoing contributions to IAB efforts to improve creative and measurement and her outstanding leadership of the IAB Mobile Committee
- Alanna Gombert, General Manager, CatalystDesk, Condé Nast, for helping to create from scratch the Premium Publishers Programmatic Task Force and put out to market key thought leadership in this arena; she is also being recognized for her efforts in helping IAB expand the Quality Assurance Guidelines program
- Lisa LaCour, VP, Global Marketing, Outbrain, for her leadership of the Recommended Content Widget Working Group and contributions to the “IAB Content Marketing Primer”
- Jordan Mitchell, VP, Product, Rubicon Project, for his key role in developing the document “Privacy and Tracking in a Post-Cookie World”
- Dan Murphy, SVP Audience Measurement & Analytics, Univision, for his advocacy of and assistance in setting the agenda for the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence’s first Town Hall on Audience Measurement
- Diaz Nesamoney, Founder, President & CEO, Jivox, for his significant contributions to Digital Video Rising Stars and Rising Stars Next
- Matthew Parness, Director of Ad Operations, Mojiva, for his valued work on mobile discrepancies, including the “Mobile Discrepancies: Exploring Common Root Causes” paper
- Rob Sherman, Manager of Privacy and Public Policy, Facebook, for his valued contributions to the “NTIA Mobile Privacy Principles”
- Michael Zimbalist, SVP Advertising Products and Research & Development, The New York Times, for his guidance in helping to shape the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence agenda around mobile as a behavior
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
Are your applications getting in the way of your business strategy? It’s time to rethink your IT approach. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Madhukar Kumar, Vice President, Product Management at Liaison Technologies, will discuss a new data-centric approach to IT that allows your data, not applications, to inform business strategy. By moving away from an application-centric IT model where data integration and analysis are subservient to the constraints of applications, your organization will b...
Mar. 6, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,696
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will disc...
Mar. 6, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,180
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance...
Mar. 6, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,078
Analytics is the foundation of smart data and now, with the ability to run Hadoop directly on smart storage systems like Cloudian HyperStore, enterprises will gain huge business advantages in terms of scalability, efficiency and cost savings as they move closer to realizing the potential of the Internet of Things. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, technology evangelist and CMO at Cloudian, Inc., will discuss the revolutionary notion that the storage world is transitioning from me...
Mar. 6, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,095
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Mar. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,664
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will demonstrate the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He will discuss from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,529
Mar. 6, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,144
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, will analyze a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discuss the benefits/challenges of migrating to each of...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,097
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a technology designed to make DevOps easier and allow developers to focus on application development. The PaaS takes care of provisioning, scaling, HA, and other cloud management aspects. Apache Stratos is a PaaS codebase developed in Apache and designed to create a highly productive developer environment while also supporting powerful deployment options. Integration with the Docker platform, CoreOS Linux distribution, and Kubernetes container management system ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,212
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,598
The results of a global study commissioned by CA Technologies reveal that mobile and desktop applications have become the new battleground for brand loyalty. In today’s software-driven world, where consumers are more discerning about what they expect from applications, the reality is that businesses that fail to deliver a positive application experience risk losing as much as a quarter of their customer base. “Consumers no longer view applications as nice-to-have novelties. They now have a hug...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 676
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,624
Mar. 6, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 2,396
SYS-CON Media announced today that Symantec, a provider of leading security, backup and availability solutions for where vital information is stored, accessed and shared, has launched new ad campaigns on SYS-CON's i-Technology sites, which include Cloud Computing Journal, DevOps Journal, Virtualization Journal, and IoT Journal. Symantec’s campaigns focus on Disaster Recovery and High Availability, the availability of business-critical applications in today’s complex heterogeneous environments, ...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 816
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core...
Mar. 6, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,283