|By PR Newswire||
|February 10, 2014 03:00 AM EST||
- Groundbreaking, Patented News App Provides a Multi-Dimensional View of Underreported Issues That Are Impacting the World
BETHESDA, Maryland, Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital Management, Inc. (DMI), a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services, today announced that the Track180 app built by its mobile application solutions division, Golden Gekko, was recently recognized as a finalist in the 19th annual Global Mobile Awards for the "Best Mobile Product or Publishing Services" category. Winners will be announced on February 25, 2014 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- News Innovators – The patented news app, built for Track180, provides a multi-dimensional view of underreported issues that are impacting the world. Track180 offers a revolutionary new way to visualize news and information. The app uses thematic time lines in conjunction with a "dial" that enables users to navigate the impact of a story across other themes and topics. They can also interact with the story using the "call to action" feature. Call to action allows readers to get directly involved with the issues they read about by donating, signing a petition or spreading the word about a particular issue through social media.
- Engaging Design – Designed initially for the iPad device, the Track180 news app provides an easy way for readers to explore in-depth issues affecting their world. The news content is presented using rich and visually stimulating text, images and videos and offers a convenient, interactive way to search and explore global issues and related coverage.
- Record Level Submissions – Sponsored by the GSMA, the Global Mobile Awards provides organizations in the mobility industry the opportunity to showcase the latest and best mobile products, apps services and initiatives on a global platform. More than 680 award applications were submitted this year, a significant increase from 2013. A full list of the 160 honorees can be found here.
- Magnus Jern, president of DMI's mobile application solutions division, said:
"It is an incredible honor to be one of 160 applicants recognized by the prestigious GSMA. A Global Mobile Award is one of the most coveted accolades a company in our industry can receive. Track180 is a game-changing app that stands far above the other news apps that are available on the market today, largely due to the wide range of news topics tracked and the social engagement capabilities built into the app. We look forward to continued growth in our mobile app development business and working with the Track180 team."
- Drue Hontz, founder and CEO of Track180, said: "With the variety of news content and information available on the web, we wanted to create an application that is different from the rest. We are extremely pleased that our efforts are being recognized by such a highly esteemed organization as GSMA. We designed Track180 as an easier way for readers to explore in-depth issues impacting their world. In five minutes, Track180 provides readers with the amount of information it would take several hours to research. While we hope to receive the best mobile publishing award, to be considered for the nomination is truly an honor."
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services. The company's commitment to excellence in delivery of solutions for Enterprise Mobility, Big Data Analytics, Strategic Consulting, Managed Services, Application Development, and Cybersecurity has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments and hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda MD, with satellite and project offices around the world. The company has been named one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.