|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2014 08:30 AM EST||
NEW YORK and JERUSALEM, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CathMaps+, the world's first mobile application for people with elevated risk of a cardiac incident, that integrates their cardiac history with an interactive map of Catheterization Labs (cath labs) throughout most of the world, was launched for the U.S. market today. CathMaps+ mission is simple: to use mobile technology to provide peace of mind and emergency assistance to hundreds of thousands of Americans who are at risk of cardiac events.
The HIPAA compliant app, owned by Kickstart LLC, is available for most Android and iOS users, and is the only mobile app to integrate a patient's medical records with an interactive map of catheterization facilities throughout most parts of the world. It also allows cardiologists fast access to critical medical history in an emergency, ensuring more informed, personalized and effective treatment. CathMaps+ is accurate, fast and easy to use. It is also private, though with user permission, information can be shared with loved ones, caregivers or emergency professionals.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, each year approximately 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 190,000 happen to people who have already suffered a previous heart attack. With the launch of the new CathMaps+ app, in the event of another heart attack, patients will be able to locate and receive directions to the nearest catheterization labs in many countries around the world, as well as securely access and share their medical records with Cath Lab staff.
CathMaps+ was created by Founder and CEO, Danny Oberman, who himself experienced a cardiac incident in 2013. Because of this experience, and his personal understanding of what it means to live with an elevated risk of a heart attack, Oberman envisioned creating a tool that would help alleviate the associated anxiety. As a technology expert, his vision is to provide other cardiac patients with peace of mind through a simple, easy to use and functional app in times of emergency.
"As a cardiologist, I must commend Danny Oberman and his company's work on developing this new application," says Dr. Jack Stroh, an Interventional Cardiologist at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and St. Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. "With the levels of heart disease on the rise in the U.S., the medical community must remain vigilant in our efforts to provide patients with tools and information that can help improve their quality of their lives. I am pleased to have provided my own professional insights in the development of the application and I encourage my colleagues to consider CathMaps+ as an essential element of patient after care."
"By creating and launching the CathMaps+ app, it is my hope that heart disease patients and their families will be equipped with a sense of normalcy and peace of mind as they go about their daily lives, and even travel," says Danny Oberman. "As a life or death condition, the idea of suffering a repeat incident can be an almost constant concern. This app will help offset patient anxiety while also serving as a valuable tool for cardiologists and the medical community overall."
CathMaps+ provides a user with three primary benefits:
Peace of Mind
- CathMaps+ provides a sense of security and preparedness for cardiac patients, especially when travelling
- CathMaps+ allows access to the medical history of loved ones
- CathMaps+ allows users to share their medical records with the ER or Cath Lab in advance
- CathMaps+ is designed to be a vital, reliable resource in time of emergency
- CathMaps+ is a secure HIPAA compliant app thus ensuring medical history is secure
- CathMaps+ is the only healthcare app that provides preparedness tools for future cardiac events
- CathMaps+ is the only app that offers GPS-mapped cath lab locations throughout most of the world
- CathMaps+ supports immediate local emergency dialing, in most countries around the world
- CathMaps+ allows users to access and share their medical records with a Cath Lab in advance via email, regardless of location, allowing better treatment by the cardiologist
CathMaps+ is available in English and Spanish, and is now available on the App Store and Google Play for $4.99. CathMaps+ has plans to release the app in additional languages throughout 2014. For more information, please visit us at:
- Website: www.cathmaps.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cathmaps
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZxhOuM49zI
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CathMaps
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/100473119854239375230/posts
CathMaps+ is an Israeli-based technology company founded by Danny Oberman in 2013. The company was inspired by Oberman's personal medical history and experience with heart disease. Dedicated to providing technologically advanced mobile applications for patients, CathMaps+ is the first company of its kind dedicated to research and technology in the cardiology sector.
Multimedia Assets associated with this release:
Finn Partners Health
Finn Partners Health