|By Business Wire||
|February 11, 2014 09:31 AM EST||
Cognito, the global financial communications consultancy, today announced a new brand identity and website designed to better present its integrated, modern approach.
Cognito’s rebrand incorporates feedback from a recent client survey designed to understand what financial services firms are looking for in communications and marketing support. Cognito’s rebrand repositions the firm around a new slogan – ‘finance is different.’ A new visual identity presents a bolder firm ready to engage with executives, investors, consumers and consultants around the globe.
“Finance is different,” the firm’s new tagline, refers to how the financial services industry is different from others because of its ability to affect the entire economy, its regulation and the sheer pace of change and growth from year to year, while also emphasizing that the industry itself is not what it used to be.
The new brand is designed to embody the following core principles of Cognito:
- Financial services expertise: Cognito is a specialist firm that truly understands its clients’ businesses.
- Integration: As the lines between earned, owned, paid and social channels blur, clients are seeking a more integrated approach to communications to better support their profile raising and business generation efforts.
- Global support: Increasingly, the firms Cognito works with are looking for support in all the regions they operate in.
- Better metrics and reporting: Across media relations, marketing, online advertising and social media, firms are looking for better intelligence and insight as to how communications dollars are spent.
- Social media counsel and execution: Clients are looking for guidance on how best to navigate and take advantage of social media and use it to further their business objectives.
“Finance stands apart from other industries because it requires a unique combination of technical knowledge and regulatory issues, with an incredible impact on the larger economy,” said Tom Coombes, Cognito CEO. “Many firms in this space have traditionally done a poor job of communicating what they do, either to the market or the media, and with this rebrand Cognito is showing that we understand the unique nuances of the market and now offer broader and more compelling services.”
The redesigned Cognito website includes additional resources for current and prospective clients. An expanded Cognito blog features regular entries from experts on three continents on branding, communications and marketing topics as it relates to the financial industry. Full case studies, social media integration and a media packet have also been added to the website.
Cognito is an international PR, digital and marketing agency that specializes in the financial services sector. From offices in London, New York, Los Angeles and Singapore, Cognito works with financial institutions, investment companies and system/data providers to implement programs that help them improve their business’ profile, reputation, marketing and lead generation. Cognito’s research and technology division Cognito Analytics enables companies to plan and execute more informed business and communication strategies based on thorough industry information, research and analysis. Cognito Analytics provides a suite of cloud-based applications that cover both traditional and social media. For more information, visit cognitomedia.com and cognitoanalytics.com.