|By Business Wire||
|February 11, 2014 09:33 AM EST||
Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced the one-year anniversary of HiveNation, its online community for customers, evaluators and thought leaders.
- Aerohive launched HiveNation on Jan. 15, 2013 with the aim of providing a place for Aerohive’s global customers and like-minded IT professionals to ask questions, share ideas and engage with each other.
- Since its inception, HiveNation has gained almost 2,000 community members. This growing community base has posted over 1,500 discussions in the past year, sharing future projects, problems and successes and learning from each other’s hands-on experience and insight.
- Aerohive recently refreshed HiveNation’s look and feel to provide an enhanced user experience for community members. Among the features is a new design that automatically adapts to members’ screens, whether they are using a laptop, mobile phone or iPad, providing a mobile-friendly browsing experience.
Aerohive has hosted several interactive online events on HiveNation in
the past year. Notable events or highlights include:
- All Things 802.11ac: Moderated by industry analyst Craig Mathias from Farpoint Group and featuring Aerohive’s director of advanced technology Matthew Gast, this one-day event offered HiveNation members the opportunity to discuss the transition to the newest wireless standard of 802.11ac. Participants discussed 802.11ac technology, deployment concerns, planning and more.
- 802.11ac webinar follow up: Our webinar on 802.11ac with principal analyst Andre Kindness from Forrester Research Inc. and Wi-Fi expert Matthew Gast, overflowed on to the community with about 30 questions and answers.
- Operation Wanna Bee: On the lighter side, over 300 interested members received free toy bees upon request and were invited to take photos of the bees in clever settings to post to the community—submissions included photos of the bees in imaginative locations from roller coasters to courthouses. Participants who submitted the most creative photos were chosen via community votes and raffles and received prizes, including iPad Minis.
- As HiveNation moves into its second year, Aerohive has launched its Champion community, identifying active members of HiveNation who use their expertise to help fellow members and promote the technical excellence of the community. Thus far, HiveNation has identified and badged more than 10 Champions. More to come on our champs program in 2014.
- To check out the HiveNation community, click here to get started.
“It’s been fun and rewarding to share knowledge with so many active customers, employees and community members all around the world on HiveNation in the past year,” said Bradley Chambers, HiveNation Champion and director of IT at Brainerd Baptist School. “Often IT directors are the only ones within their organization with the knowledge needed to tackle networking issues, but HiveNation offers a place for us to come together, discuss new solutions, configuration changes and other issues.”
“HiveNation is a great place to find out what is going on in the industry and at Aerohive,” said Andrew MacTaggart, HiveNation Champion and system manager at Hong Kong International School. “I enjoy seeing how other customers are using Aerohive products. I have learned as much as I have helped the community and look forward to continuing this harmonious relationship in the future.”
“We launched HiveNation a year ago with the goal of providing a wealth of information and an interactive community for customers and thought leaders to learn from each other,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive. “It’s been wonderful to see the community take off so quickly, with close to 2,000 members who are so eager to help each other out and engage. We look forward to continuing the community momentum and sparking even more interesting conversations as we enter our second year.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.