|By PR Newswire||
|February 11, 2014 02:54 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Chideo (charity + video), the latest venture from entrepreneur and philanthropist Todd Wagner, today announced the launch of its feature-rich app designed to complement and extend the power of its innovative digital platform. The new Chideo App is available exclusively on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Designed to mobilize the way consumers give to charity, Chideo is an interactive platform that gives fans the power to team up with celebrities from the worlds of film, television, music, sports, culture and beyond to help make the world a better place. Chideo's new, fan-powered app makes it easy for users to:
- Find and follow their favorite personalities and charities. Simply tap the star icon to follow and create a personal Chideo "playlist." Chideo then keeps fans up to date on the top-rated suggestions, posted video content and promotions from all their favorites. With more than 75 celebrities and 50 charities already on Chideo, fans are sure to find a favorite.
- Vote, suggest and share topics they'd like to see from their favorite personalities.
The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to come to life on Chideo.
- Donate and watch chideos created by their favorite personalities. It's one-of-a-kind video content with a conscience.
In addition to the full range of functionality available on the web-based version of the platform, the Chideo App also features a specially designed interface for its personalities, enabling them to easily record and post exclusive videos from anywhere in the world using their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
"From day one, we knew we wanted to develop a robust app for iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch in order to mobilize the Chideo experience for fans and celebrities," said Chideo Founder Todd Wagner. "I believe that this app makes charitable giving more convenient, entertaining and accessible to everyone."
As part of its roll-out on the App Store, Chideo also announced today the names of more than 15 new celebrities and newsmakers who will partner with fans to raise money for their favorite charities on Chideo. They are:
- Oscar® winners Halle Berry and Morgan Freeman
- Celebrity chefs Mario Batali and Ming Tsai
- Record producer Jermaine Dupri
- Grammy winners Boyz II Men
- NHL legends Brett Hull and Jeremy Roenick
- Entertainer Joey Fatone
- Retired MLB All-Stars Carlos Delgado and Jamie Moyer
- Actress Joelle Carter
- Comedian Kim Coles
- Film director Adam Shankman
- Teen Hoot – a showcase for up-and-coming teen musicians
- Blues rock band Vintage Trouble
"This is just the beginning," Wagner said. "In the coming weeks, we'll be announcing even more personalities, additional product features, and a myriad of exclusive contests that provide fans with even more ways to engage with their favorite celebrities and win once-in-a-lifetime experiences."
The Chideo App is available free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.appstore.com/chideo.
For more information and to sign up, visit www.chideo.com. For up-to-the-minute news and announcements from Chideo personalities, please follow Chideo on Facebook at Facebook.com/chideodotcom or on Twitter @chideo.
Chideo (charity + video = chideo) is an interactive digital platform and home for exclusive content where users and celebrities share and connect in the spirit of doing good. Chideo features personality-driven content across the broad spectrum of entertainment, sports, music, fashion, food, design and culture. With the option to donate and watch these one-of-a-kind videos, fans not only enjoy entertainment from their favorite personalities, but they also make valuable contributions to their respective charities. Chideo was founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist, Todd Wagner. The platform is available for users at www.chideo.com via web or mobile, and on the App Store at www.appstore.com/chideo.
Heather Greenfield / Michael Braun (IDPR)
(323) 822-4800 / (212) 334-0333
Kristin Kelly (Chideo)
[email protected], (214) 952-0047