|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2014 02:13 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- From Ibiza to Skagen, Crystal Cruises is expanding its repertoire of ultra-luxury European cruises with nine maiden calls. The world's most northern city and Ireland's most Gaelic town join a collection of favorite romantic destinations, like Barcelona and Venice, along with less-visited ports, like Korcula, Croatia; Greenock, Scotland; and Kristiansand, Norway, for a chic collection of 39 Northern Europe, Western Europe, and Mediterranean itineraries ranging from five to 16 days. New in 2014 are:
- Oban, Scotland – The "Gateway to the Isles" boasts the quaint, romantic charm of a small, bayside city, with locally-made Celtic jewelry, single malt Scotch whisky and tartan kilts coloring the brogue experience.
- Ferrol, Spain – Boasting a rich maritime heritage and an impressive number of beckoning beaches, Ferrol is a prime location for watersports of all kinds or just strolling along the sand hand-in-hand at sunset.
- Londonderry, Northern Ireland – 400-year-old walls serve as a unique promenade around the inner, aka "maiden," city, which was also named the UK's City of Culture 2013.
- Santander, Spain – Long a favorite holiday spot of Spaniards themselves, word of Santander's clear blue shoreline, lush green mountain ranges and welcoming residents is rapidly spreading to travelers worldwide.
- Alta, Norway – The northernmost city on the planet, Alta inspires snuggling with massive fjords, one of Europe's largest gorges, and 5,000-year-old rock carvings designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Galway, Ireland – The Bohemian heart of Ireland, here, guests can enjoy the talents of the many musicians and artists who flock to the city, or join the Gaelic-speaking locals in a pub as they sing traditional Irish songs.
- Ibiza, Spain – The island splits its storied reputation between the "Undisputed Party Capital of the World" and the birthplace of Christopher Columbus, with as many fascinating historical sites as dance clubs and picturesque beaches to visit.
- Skagen, Denmark – Couples can witness the crashing waves as the Baltic and North Seas meet, and meander among the characteristic red-tiled yellow houses that dot the coastline.
- St. Helier/Jersey, Channel Islands – On a colorful island lined of flowers, St. Helier is the ideal place to dream of wedding bouquets while ambling a tranquil lane or visiting the centuries-old Elizabeth Castle.
"From up-and-coming hotspots to destinations that might be harder to reach on one's own, our 2014 European season offers so many new and less-visited calls that even the most well-traveled can fall in love with Europe all over again," says Crystal president Edie Bornstein.
All-inclusive European voyages from April to October start as low as $1,700 per person, with numerous special offers for extended back-to-back cruise vacations, groups, and kids, if booked by February 28.
Crystal's passion for taking care of guests in an inviting environment of extraordinary space, quality and choices has earned the company more "World's Best" awards than any other cruise line, resort, or hotel in history.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, [email protected].
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center
Multimedia Assets associated with this release:
SOURCE Crystal Cruises