|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2014 02:16 PM EST||
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group's newest analysis of the nation's healthcare exchanges includes failing grades for Oregon, Maryland and Minnesota—states that were expected to succeed. Almost 3.3 million people enrolled in health insurance exchange policies nationwide through February 1, 2014, and eight states had more than 100,000 people to enroll (California, New York, Florida, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina). The newly released "State Exchange Report Card" incorporates expert evaluation of each state's exchange—whether state- or federally-run—on several different criteria, allowing for an objective, like-for-like comparison.
- Decision Resources Group's explanatory Executive Briefing, entitled "Health Care Exchange Honor Roll & Delinquent List: February 2014 Update," pulls out the best and worst from its updated "Report Card" to create an Honor Roll—including Connecticut and Kentucky—and a list of "Delinquents," including Maryland and Minnesota.
- The Briefing also highlights "States to Watch," such as Arkansas, where the situation may change drastically in the months to come, as the funding for the state's private option could be struck down by the state legislature later in 2014.
- Bill Melville, Market Analyst for Decision Resources Group, said: "Keeping exchanges simple was a recipe for success, which led to some states receiving a higher evaluation in our analysis. State exchanges fraught with technical problems and enrollment struggles saw their rating plummet (Oregon and Maryland). And even successful states have a fluid future – Arkansas' innovative 'private option' could be shut down."
- Carolyn McMeekin, Vice President of Market Access Insights for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Despite all the challenges with Healthcare.gov, exchanges are here to stay. Pharma companies and other stakeholders need to seize the opportunity to prepare for this new reality. As we move further into 2014, the volatility we saw when the exchanges first launched will settle and all parties will begin to adapt."
- Decision Resources Group is offering an open webinar, which will walk through the important managed markets trends to watch in 2014. State exchanges will be one of the main topics. "U. S. Healthcare 2014: The 7 Trends, Players and Market Drivers That Matter" will take place February 19th, 2014 and is open to media, payer, provider, PBM, government and pharmaceutical executives. Register for the webinar here.
- Download the new State Exchange Report Card and explanatory Executive Briefing at www.hl-isy.com/State-Exchange-Report-Card
About the "State Exchange Report Card"
How do state exchanges stack up for readiness, competition and potential to impact their markets? Decision Resources Group experts rate all fifty states plus the District of Columbia on its NEW "State Exchange Report Card." Grades will be updated regularly as new developments occur. Download the explanatory Executive Briefing at www.hl-isy.com/state-exchange-report-card
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. DRG insights and analysis on the U.S. managed care market are powered by HealthLeaders-InterStudy. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.hl-isy.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group