|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2014 07:17 AM EST||
PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Business Valuation Resources, LLC (BVR) announces The Advanced Workshop on Control Premiums & Discounts, an exclusive, interactive web workshop on February 27, 2014, with expert appraisers R. James Alerding and James D. Ewart.
The Advanced Workshop on Control Premiums & Discounts is an intensive, four-hour examination on the many pieces of information that affect, and are affected by the determination of a control premium or discount. Through case studies and live examples, this intensive workshop will provide the most complete picture of this issue ever presented, including a consideration of professional guidelines, judicial decisions, and best practices.
"We are thrilled to host two of the most experienced voices in business appraisal on one of the most critical and challenging issues in the profession," said Blake Lyman, Program Manager at BVR. "Regardless of the valuation assignment, purpose, or target, control discounts and premiums have been a stumbling block for business appraisers. Through this intensive workshop Alerding and Ewart will provide the profession with the guidance it needs."
Workshop attendees will walk away with an understanding of:
- How to accurately and reliably identify and quantify control premiums and discounts
- How standard of value, valuation approach, and other simple and common changes to the appraisal process can affect control premiums and discounts
- How the different types and levels of control differ and how each must be treated in the valuation process
- How to best find and utilize data available for control premiums and discounts
- Which emerging trends recent judicial decisions are reshaping the practice of assessing control premiums and discounts
Registration for the Workshop is currently open with discounted pricing for multi-office listeners. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and get full access to the expert's presentation materials.
About Business Valuation Resources, LLC (BVR)
Every top business valuation firm depends on BVR for authoritative market data, continuing professional education, and expert opinion. Our customers include business appraisers, certified public accountants, merger and acquisition professionals, business brokers, lawyers and judges, private equity and venture capitalists, owners, CFOs, and many others.
Blake Lyman, Professional Program Manager
1000 SW Broadway, Suite 1200
Portland, OR 97205
Phone: (971) 200-4850
Fax: (503) 291-7955
SOURCE Business Valuation Resources, LLC