|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2014 09:01 AM EST||
LONDON, February 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment?
The implementation of Gas to Liquids (GTL) as a solution for the monetisation of natural gas is on the verge of no longer being determined by exceptional circumstances. Limited to a handful of facilities, the upfront capital cost of a GTL facility is a barrier that few can overcome. However, visiongain views this situation as soon coming to an end: smaller-scale GTL solutions will change this by making GTL viable in more circumstances with a lower up front capital cost. The ability to monetise gas reserves of a lesser size in an economically viable manner will see a rapid expansion of CAPEX on GTL.
After some major setbacks in the early 2000s, when many large-scale projects were cancelled, the world's largest GTL facility, Shell's Pearl GTL plant, opened in Qatar in 2011. The plant is capable of producing 140,000bpd of synthetic fuels and follows in the footsteps of the smaller Oryx GTL plant, also in Qatar, which was opened in 2006. With the opening of these two facilities there are now four commercial Gas to Liquids plants operating around the globe. This number is set to increase with the completion of the 34,000bpd Escravos GTL plant in Nigeria in 2014. Further large-scale GTL projects are planned around the world.
The primary driver for this interest in Gas to Liquids technology is the arbitrage opportunity between the price of oil and the price of gas. Since 2009, the natural gas price has decoupled from the crude oil price in the North American market, which has led to increased interest in building GTL facilities on the continent. Also, as the recently established plants in Qatar are operating at full capacity and turning over large amounts of revenue, the rest of the oil and gas sector has begun to feel more confident about the viability of GTL on a large-scale.
Visiongain calculates that capital expenditure on GTL will total $2,674m in 2014. The GTL market is composed of spending on (1) the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) on large-scale GTL facilities (2) bringing smaller-scale GTL technologies online in the form of commercially viable facility - from R&D (research and development), through FEED (front-end engineering and design) and EPC.
Why you should buy Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment?
What is the future of the GTL market? Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, missing critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2014-2024 for capital expenditure on GTL facilities, by type and by region. The report also comprehensively lays out the market drivers and restrainers, risks and trends, and leading companies and their strategies in order to help the reader make a balanced decision regarding their investment or involvement. Read on to discover the future market prospects for the GTL market.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain's increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain's team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
We guarantee that you will receive key information which will benefit you in the following way:
• View market forecasts and analysis of capital expenditure on GTL from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed spending projections for the market ($US), the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, and market shares.
- You will also discover original critical analysis, revealing insight into commercial developments.
• Why struggle to find key market data? Why miss crucial information? Our comprehensive report provides instant market insight
- Our 224 page report provides 118 tables, charts and graphs. Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future GTL market prospects.
- This analysis will enable quicker, easier understanding. You will also gain from our analyst's industry expertise, allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the GTL sector.
• Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provide full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Be part of this knowledge. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking. Leaders hold critical information
- By reading the exclusive expert interviews contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don't fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the GTL sector, finding strategic advantages for your work and learning how your organisation can benefit.
- Read the full transcript of three exclusive expert opinion interviews from leading industry specialists informing your understanding and allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales:
- Primus Green Energy
- Infra Technology
• Understand the prospects for the leading national GTL markets, in spending on new facilities, as well as a breakdown of spending by the size of GTL facility (in barrels per day of capacity) - where will the greatest spending and best opportunities occur?
• Highlights of the report include:
- A forecast for capital expenditure on new and expanded GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024 worldwide.
- A submarket exclusively forecasting CAPEX on large-scale GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024.
- A submarket exclusively forecasting CAPEX on small-scale GTL facilities year-on-year from 2014 to 2024.
• National and regional market forecasts for large-scale GTL capital expenditure for the following market spaces:
- Southern Africa, including Mozambique and South Africa
- The Rest of the World, which includes market prospects for Algeria, Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Russia, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
• Contract tables for all planned, potential and currently cancelled GTL facilities worldwide.
- Each potential facility has capacity, cost, technology type, main sponsor, time required for construction and earliest operation data specified. The current statuses of the projects are also noted individually.
• Tables of all current GTL facilities, including an assessment of their current production and the percentage of their production that can be classed as longer-chain hydrocarbons. Their original cost is also noted.
• Tables of pilot GTL facilities.
• A global forecast, year-on-year from 2014-2024, for GTL liquids produced worldwide.
• A global forecast, year-on-year from 2014-2024, for GTL liquids sales worldwide.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics.
• Receive a PEST analysis identifying the political, economic, sociological and technological factors affecting spending in the GTL market from 2014 onwards:
- Gas price considerations
- The importance of government support or regulation
- Emerging trends in the global gas market
• Barriers to entry analysis for the leading national/regional market spaces.
• In-depth analysis of the three leading producers of GTL products at present
• Profiles of the most likely entrants to the GTL market and the smaller-scale GTL technology providers.
- Our report reveals the most important companies in the market and provides an assessment of the future outlook for each. In particular, by exploring and analysing the activities of these companies you can see where the expected gains will be. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with in-depth analysis and market shares of the 3 leading GTL companies - by amount of GTL liquids produced - and profiles of other active companies and leading GTL solution providers.
- BP plc
- Chevron Corporation
- CompactGTL plc
- ConocoPhillips Corporation
- Davy Process Technology Ltd
- Eni S.P.A
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- G2X Energy
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran (IDRO)
- Infra Technology
- Marathon Oil Corporation (Marathon)
- Narkangan Gas to Liquid International Company (Narkangan)
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
- Primus Green Energy
- Qatar Petroleum
- Sundrop Fuels
- Toyo Engineering Corporation
- Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Company (Uzbekneftegaz)
• An economic analysis of GTL as a solution for the monetisation of gas.
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the GTL market
The Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? report provides impartial GTL market analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, and exclusive interview and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit you and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company's prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews with Velocys, Primus Green Energy and Infra Technology are included in the report.
Visiongain's research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including forecasts by GTL facility size and by leading national market from 2014-2024.
The forecasts in this report utilise a method that focuses on synthesising and translating a range of factors and data points to quantify spending on GTL; the most important of these include: GTL technology cost, GTL liquids market access, cost competitiveness with other gas monetisation solutions, gas field size, GTL technology type, local climate, current GTL facilities and which projects proposed are likely to be completed. For emphasis: it is the synthesis and attribution of relative importance to each of the above elements (as well as regional trends) through which the forecasts are created.
How the Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the GTL market. The report looks at CAPEX on GTL facilities by type, scale and leading national/regional market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion, providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where CAPEX growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don't miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order our report Gas to Liquids (GTL) Market Forecast 2014-2024: What Are The Future Prospects for Companies in this Major XTL Segment? Avoid missing out - order our report now.
To request an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun at [email protected] or call Tel: +44(0)20-7336-6100
Companies Listed in this report:
AK Natural Gas to Liquids (AKNGTL)
Bayer Technology Services
BC LNG Export Cooperative LLC
Calumet Speciality Product Partners
Cambridge Energy (CE)
Chevron Nigeria Ltd (CNL)
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
Davy Process Technology
Dow Chemical Company
Energy Industrial Engineering & Design Co
Fateh Sanata Kimia (FSK)
General Electric Company
Gulf Coast LNG Export
Gulf LNG Liquefaction
IFP Energies Nouvelles
Japan Oil, Gas and Metals Corporation (JOGMEC)
Jordan Cove LNG
Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Korea Gas Corporation
Korea National Oil Company
LNG Partners LLC
Marathon Oil Corporation
Narkangan GTL International Company
National Iranian Oil Company (NOIC)
National Petrochemical Company (NPC)
Nerd Gas Company
Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC)
Oxford Catalysts Group (including Velocys)
Pacific Power Partners
Petrotrin (Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago)
Pieridae Energy Canada Ltd
Primus Green Energy
Qatar International Petroleum Marketing Company Ltd. (Taweeq)
Sabine Pass Liquefaction
Sabre Oil and Gas Holdings
Sarv Oil and Gas
Sasol Synfuels International (Pty) Limited
Sumitomo Precision Products
Synergy Technologies, Inc
Toyo Engineering Corporation
Ventech Engineers International
Waller LNG Services
World GTL Trinidad Limited
Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
CIS - Commonwealth of Independent States
CSIRO - Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
EIA - Energy Information Administration
EU - European Union
FERC - Federal Energy Regulation Commission
Human Rights Watch
Industrial Development and Renovation Organisation of Iran (IDRO)
MEND - Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta
MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
NDV - Niger Delta Vigilante
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
OPEC - Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Nations
Paul Scherrer Institut
Russian Academy of Sciences
SAPIA - South African Petroleum Industry Association
UN - United Nations
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
University of St. Andrews
US Department of Energy
US Energy Information Agency
World Economic Forum
To see an exec summary of this report please email Sara Peerun on [email protected]
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,130
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,654
SYS-CON Media announced today that PagerDuty has launched a popular blog feed on DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done.
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,267
“We are a managed services company. We have taken the key aspects of the cloud and the purposed data center and merged the two together and launched the Purposed Cloud about 18–24 months ago," explained Chetan Patwardhan, CEO of Stratogent, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,772
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize sup...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,747
Vormetric on Wednesday announced the results of its 2015 Insider Threat Report (ITR), conducted online on their behalf by Harris Poll and in conjunction with analyst firm Ovum in fall 2014 among 818 IT decision makers in various countries, including 408 in the United States. The report details striking findings around how U.S. and international enterprises perceive security threats, the types of employees considered most dangerous, environments at the greatest risk for data loss and the steps or...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,373
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,081
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,450
"Verizon Digital Media Services is responsible for the broadcast, video and content delivery network that accelerates, scales and helps our customers reach end users with all kinds of video and web content," stated James Segil, CMO of Verizon Digital Media Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,825
Docker is becoming very popular--we are seeing every major private and public cloud vendor racing to adopt it. It promises portability and interoperability, and is quickly becoming the currency of the Cloud. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bart Copeland, CEO of ActiveState, discussed why Docker is so important to the future of the cloud, but will also take a step back and show that Docker is actually only one piece of the puzzle. Copeland will outline the bigger picture of where Docker fits a...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,462
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,966
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,773
“We are strong believers in the DevOps movement and our staff has been doing DevOps for large enterprise environments for a number of years. The solution that we build is intended to allow DevOps teams to do security at the speed of DevOps," explained Justin Lundy, Founder & CTO of Evident.io, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,774
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,359
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,035