|By PR Newswire||
|February 16, 2014 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kids nationwide are in store for tons of fun when Ravensburger, the leader in top-quality puzzles and playthings, unwraps its latest line-up of "picture-perfect" puzzles, engaging multi-player games, ex-sci-ting Science X® kits, and more. Ravensburger's full slate for 2014 will be showcased at the American International Toy Fair, February 16-19, 2014, Javits Convention Center, Booth #451.
Puzzle fun takes on a new dimension with these latest additions to Ravensburger's best-selling 3D Building assortment:
- Light-Up Empire State Building – The dazzling new 216-pc 3D Building puzzle lights up the night with LED rainbow of colors – red, orange, yellow, green and purple – to resemble the world-famous building's ever-changing light show!
- Tula Moon – Colorful and whimsical Tula Moon artwork adorns these 216-pc stunners, Tula Moon: Pisa Tower, Tula Moon: Big Ben and Tula Moon: Eiffel Tower.
- Complete Puzzle Set – Everything needed for a display-worthy piece of puzzle art comes "complete" in this new line! Each puzzle features a box that starts as an assembly surface and then transforms into an integrated frame. The new 500-pc offerings – New York Colors, South Seas Flair, Colorful Ocean and Boutique Street – include puzzle glue and even picture hangers!
Family game night will be more memorable than ever with these new offerings to help everyone "get into the game":
- Spy Tag – Kids and families will take off on an exhilarating race to spot and tag the spies before time's up! Players quickly draw spy cards and slap them on the matching agent cards laid out in front of their teammates in this super-fast-paced game. Anyone caught with a match when the timer goes off, draws from the secret pile to find out who is safe.
- Dream Cakes – Players work on multiple cakes at once and judge finished creations to earn blue ribbon points in this bakery-inspired competition. Thousands of possible designs mean different delicious outcomes every time!
- Scotland Yard – In this redrafted covert game of cat and mouse set on the streets of London, a team of detectives attempts to catch escaped criminal mastermind Mister X. Players use taxis, buses, and the underground to track down the elusive Mister X before he disappears into the London fog! Now with an exciting version for two players.
Ravensburger adds to its sci-sational, award-winning Science X line of success-based science discovery kits with these exciting debuts:
- Dinosaurs – Young archaeologists create their own fossils, excavate a Megalosaurus tooth, build a T-Rex skeleton, and more with this dino discovery adventure they'll really "dig!" The activity set includes the supplies needed to complete six science-centered adventures.
- Fueling Future Cars – This new automotive engineering kit will get kids' minds racing! The high-revving set comes with all the tools they need to build their own mini electric Mercedes-Benz and "steer" their way through nine science-based activities.
Arts & Crafts
New kits in Ravensburger's popular Aquarelle® range of watercolor painting sets will "draw" out young artists' creative side. Available in three different sizes, each kit includes paints and outlined canvases along with useful tools and instructions. They include:
- Fish and Turtle – Perfect for beginner artists, children can select from two underwater-themed canvases. Each set includes one canvas and three paint colors.
- Monet – This artist-inspired series of well-known water lily scenes includes three different canvases and five watercolor paints.
Ravensburger gives children the power to transform an ordinary sidewalk into an awesome work of art with its Outdoor Mandala-Designer kits, and create gorgeous new designs anywhere with its Original Mandala-Designer offerings. Among the newest sets are:
- Outdoor Mandala-Designer, Happy Ocean – Kids will be happy as clams making their own under-the-sea world with the stencil and sidewalk chalks included in this kit!
- Original Mandala-Designer, Fashion – Budding fashionistas can create the designs of their dreams with this fashion-focused set, which includes a frame, large and small stencil, paper, felt-tip pen and colored pencils.
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 130-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games, science kits and arts & crafts, the company holds licenses for well-known brands such as Thomas & Friends™, Mike the Knight™, The Hobbit™, and more.
Lori MacVittie is responsible for education and evangelism of application services available across F5's entire product suite. Her role includes authorship of technical materials and participation in a number of community-based forums and industry standards organizations, among other efforts. MacVittie has extensive programming experience as an application architect, as well as network and systems development and administration expertise. Prior to joining F5, MacVittie was an award-winning Senio...
Dec. 24, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,204
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionalit...
Dec. 24, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,899
SYS-CON Media announced today that Skytap blog on "DevOps Journal" exceeded 84,000 story reads. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Noel Wurst is the managing content editor at Skytap. Skytap provides SaaS-based dev/test environments to the enterprise. Skytap solution removes the inefficiencies and constraints that comp...
Dec. 24, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,301
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 24, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,699
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 24, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,323
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 24, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,598
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 24, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,810
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 24, 2014 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,937
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 24, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,908
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Dec. 24, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,913
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 24, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,752
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,694
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,115
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Dec. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,064
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Dec. 24, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,195