|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Media Summit, the largest mobile media and advertising conference in North America, has partnered with the GSMA to produce Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress, taking place Feb. 25-26, 2014 in Barcelona's iconic Fira Montjuic.
Mobile World Congress is the largest event in the mobile industry, while Mobile Media Summit's conferences engage the top brand marketers, advertising agencies, publishers, app developers and mobile/ad tech companies from around the world. The Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress will be the destination for these groups to come together to discuss the ever-expanding mobile media and advertising market.
The two-day Summit will commence with "30,000 Feet and Climbing: What CMOs Want in Mobile," with Ogilvy Chief Digital Officer Brandon Berger, Mindshare Worldwide Chief Digital Officer Norm Johnston, Universal McCann Germany CEO Sven Weisbrich, PHD Network Chief Operating and Digital Officer Craig Atkinson, and moderator Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks. Location targeting, hyperlocal advertising, cross-screen, RTB and much more will be covered throughout the event, which will close with "Brand Ballers," featuring Nestle Global Chief of Digital Pete Blackshaw, L'Oreal Paris VP-Global Integrated Communications Marie Gulin, Intel Global Media Director Rebecca Brown, and moderator Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson.
"The Mobile Media Summit is the leading conference in mobile today, bringing together the most dynamic thought-leaders in mobile media and advertising from around the world. Unlike any other conference, Paran and the Mobile Media Summits tackle the critical topics from the advertiser perspective that will drive innovation and grow the market for everyone," said Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing and Head of Digital & Social Media at Activision.
Mobile Media Summit founder and CEO Paran Johar shared, "I am thrilled to be working with Mobile World Congress and very excited to bring together the international advertising community to discuss how mobile is changing the world. As consumers shift from PC to mobile as their main access point for interaction with people, places, services and commerce, we can't deny that mobile is becoming the primary medium of engagement for innovative marketers."
Mobile Media Summit conference pass holders are also able to attend the mPowered Industries Programme keynotes at Montjuic and access the Mobile World Congress Exhibition at Fira Gran Via.
The event sponsors and partners include AdTruth, BlueKai, Google, Kargo, Medialets, Millward Brown Digital, OpenX, Opera Mediaworks, Sonata, Tagged, Tremor Video, Verve, WapStart, xAd, the 4A's, AdMonsters, the Ad Club of NY, Advertising Age, Chief Marketer, ClickZ, European Supermarket Magazine, Fierce Wireless, Folio, the IAB, the Location Based Marketing Association, The Makegood, MadAve Mobile, MobiThinking, VentureBeat, the Wharton Future of Advertising School and Women in Wireless.
Featured speakers at Mobile Media Summit @ Mobile World Congress include:
- Zaid Al-Zaidy, CEO, McCann London
- Jay Altschuler, Director of Global Media Innovation, Unilever
- Jonathan Anastas, VP-Global Brand Marketing, Head of Digital & Social Media, Activision
- Craig Atkinson, Chief Operating and Digital Officer, PHD Network
- Anna Bager, VP and General Manager, IAB Mobile
- John Baker, President, dotJWT
- Mark-Anthony Baker, Global Communications Planning Director, Joule
- Brandon Berger, Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy
- Saul Betmead, Chief Strategy Officer, Y&R
- Pete Blackshaw, Global Chief of Digital, Nestle
- Bonin Bough, VP-Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez
- Kevin Brown, VP & Global Mobile Product Management, Citigroup
- Rebecca Brown, Global Director of Media, Intel Corp.
- Armel Bursaux, Director-Data & Analytics, Starcom MediaVest
- Chris Copeland, CEO, GroupM Next
- Chia Chen, SVP & Mobile Practice Lead, DigitasLBi
- Greg Crockart, Co-President, Joule
- Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
- Rohit Dhawan, Director of Product Management for EMEA Display, Google
- Marie Gulin, VP-Global Integrated Communications, L'Oreal Paris
- John Hadl, Venture Partner, US Venture Partners
- Seth Hart, Global Media Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Chad Hickey, VP of Global Sales, xAd
- Dan Hodges, President, New York Chapter, Location Based Marketing Association
- Norm Johnston, Chief Digital Officer, Mindshare Worldwide
- Vik Kathuria, EVP, Mediacom
- Erin Kienast, SVP-Director of Mobility, MediaVest
- Evan Krauss, COO, SONATA USA
- Rob Kramer, GM of Mobile, OpenX
- James Lamberti, VP and General Manager, AdTruth
- Doug Livingston, Global Chief Digital Officer, mcgarrybowen
- Bethany Mach, SVP & Global Digital Director, Starcom MediaVest
- Jeff Malmad, Managing Director of Mobile, Mindshare
- Paul Marcum, Head of Global Digital Innovation, Bloomberg Media
- John Montgomery, COO, GroupM Interaction
- David Morgan, Director, 22 Design
- John Najarian, EVP and GM-Digital Media and Business Development, E! Networks
- Alex Newman, EMEA Head of Mobile, Omnicom Media Group
- Shelly Palmer, host of "Shelly Palmer Digital Living," FOX TV
- Mike Parker, Chief Digital Officer, McCann Erickson
- Ben Phillips, Global Head of Mobile, MediaCom
- Ali Rana, Group SVP, Emerging Media Lab, Millward Brown Digital
- Cristina Sagarduy, Deputy Managing Director, EMEA, Annalect
- Adam Shlachter, Head of Media Activation, NA, DigitasLBi
- Shiv Singh, Head of Global Brand and Marketing Transformation, Visa
- James Smith, CRO, Verve
- Jide Sobo, Head of Mobile, MEC UK
- Mark Squires, Online Marketing Manager, TalkTalk Telecom
- Angela Steele, CEO, Ansible Mobile
- Alex Stil, Head of Digital EMEA, Mindshare
- Scott Swanson, President of Global Advertiser Services, Opera Mediaworks
- Todd Thiessen, SVP of Strategy, Razorfish
- Derek Thompson, Global Head of Mobile, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Ritu Trivedi, Managing Director, Digital Marketplace, MediaVest USA
- Sven Weisbrich, CEO, Universal McCann Germany
- Colleen Whitney, SVP Media, Digitas
- Donald Williams, Chief Digital Officer, Horizon Media
- Andrea Wolinetz, Managing Director, Connected Platforms, PHD
About Mobile Media Summit
The Mobile Media Summits and Mobile Media Upfront are the quintessential thought-leadership forums for brand, agency and mobile leaders to learn and network on the newest mobile technology and media. Founded in 2008 by Paran Johar, the Mobile Media Summit and Mobile Media Upfront are the largest event series in mobile advertising, where an average of 75% of the audience are advertisers, more than any other event. Since its founding, the event series has hosted over 750 speakers and well over 10,000 attendees. Click on http://www.mobilemediasummit.com for more information.
For press inquiries, contact Anna Baskin at [email protected].
SOURCE Mobile Media Summit
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 23, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 855
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
May. 23, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,685
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers ...
May. 23, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,672
Software development, like manufacturing, is a craft that requires the application of creative approaches to solve problems given a wide range of constraints. However, while engineering design may be craftwork, the production of most designed objects relies on a standardized and automated manufacturing process. By contrast, much of moving an application from prototype to production and, indeed, maintaining the application through its lifecycle has often remained craftwork. In his session at Dev...
May. 23, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,100
Software Development Solution category in The 2015 American Business Awards, and will ultimately be a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Stevie® Award winner in the program. More than 3,300 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration. "We are honored to be recognized as a leader in the software development industry by the Stevie Awards judges," said Steve Brodie, CEO of Electric Cloud. "We introduced ElectricFlow and our Deploy app...
May. 23, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data...
May. 23, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, will discuss IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will shar...
May. 23, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 23, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,084
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
May. 23, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,288
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enter...
May. 23, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,557
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 23, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,355
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 23, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 670
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
May. 23, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,389
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
May. 23, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,728
Organizations today are confounded by an avalanche of data that needs to be processed and managed on a daily basis. Through relevant use cases and a thought-provoking dialogue on an organization’s ‘Data to Decisions’ journey, Andrew Clyne, Chief Data Officer at CenturyLink Cognilytics, will reveal in his session at Big Data Expo how your organization can monetize data as a strategic asset. State-of-the-art Big Data and Advanced Analytics capabilities provided as a managed service can enable da...
May. 23, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,497