|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:03 AM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TOMY International, a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys that kids love and parents ask for by name, previews its 2014 line-up at American International Toy Fair (Booth #2273). The Battroborg™ motion-controlled battling robot brand adds stealth, weaponized warriors, the sought-after Pokémon line expands with fun-filled role-play toys, and Chuggington StackTrack™ playsets feature working mega cranes, escalators and elevators that give die-cast engines a lift no matter how tall kids stack their track. In addition, TOMY unveils a brand new toy line as the newly-named master toy partner for Sonic the Hedgehog, while John Deere digs deeper into toys with its Gear Force preschool line.
"This year we are significantly expanding our offerings of innovative new toys across all our award-winning, best-selling owned and licensed brands," says Greg Kilrea, President and Chief Executive Officer of TOMY International. "We are able to achieve this by leveraging the talents and assets of our global resources, driving innovation in new and existing product lines and furthering our goal of delivering the best in branded play experiences to consumers throughout the world."
Highlights of what's new across TOMY brands for 2014 include:
TOMY is hauling out the big blades in its next-generation Battroborg Warrior line. Taking the best of motion control battling, which made the original Battroborg one of 2013's hottest holiday toys, Battroborg Warrior evolves the borgs from bare knuckle brawlers to stealth, weaponized warriors. The revolutionary robots feature interchangeable weaponry that takes battle play to a whole new, customizable level. Players choose their Warrior from themes including Samurai, Ninja, Knight and Viking, then customize and outfit them for battle with interchangeable weapons. The single-handled katana blade controller challenges players to perfect their swordsmanship; as players slice and cut with the katana controller, the Battroborg Warriors are thrust into battle. The new Warrior Battle Arena adds to the challenge with working trap doors, and spring-loaded training flags help players master the art of motion control. MSRP: Battle Arena with 2 Warriors--$69.99; Warrior Single Pack--$29.99. Ages: 6 years and up.
Sonic the Hedgehog
TOMY has recently been named master toy partner for SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog toy categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. This year SEGA introduces a new branch of the Sonic universe, entitled Sonic Boom, that will include a CG animated television series, new video games for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, and a new toy line by TOMY. The high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation, features a 3-inch figure with launcher, a 12-inch talking plush and a Sonic Mask that will transform boys into Sonic the Hedgehog.
John Deere digs deeper into the toy industry by introducing a brand new and exciting addition to the line: Gear Force—action-packed toy vehicles that offer endless farm and off-road excitement, made especially for the preschool crowd. Each Gear Force set is a complete adventure in a box, and is available in an assortment of vehicles, poseable and articulated character figures and animals, and themed accessories. Plus, each set is compatible with all other John Deere Gear Force sets for tons of play possibilities. Highlights of the new 2014 John Deere line from TOMY include:
- Gear Force Harvest Action Combine — The largest vehicle in the John Deere Gear Force fleet, this ultra-powerful combine features cool sounds and lights, plus the ability to pick up bales and 'pop' them out of the hopper. The playset also includes two figures, a bull, and tons of accessories. The Combine Harvester is designed for hours of off-road adventure fun. MSRP: $59.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Gear Force Earth Moving Vehicles — Gear up with these earth-moving John Deere vehicles. Strong enough to tackle any task, these ginormous vehicles feature lights, sounds and real moving parts that are activated by pushing the cab roof down. Each 'story in a box' includes two articulated figures, accessories and a bonus animal. MSRP: $34.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
As the exclusive licensee and distributor for Pokémon in categories including figures, figure accessories, plush, playsets, role-play and more, TOMY debuts its all-new line for one of the world's leading kids' entertainment franchises. New for 2014, TOMY premieres its first line of role-play items designed to help transform kids into Pokémon trainers. Highlights include:
- Battle Ready™ Pikachu™ — I choose you Pikachu! Pikachu launches foam discs either off your shoulder or on a tabletop or floor. Includes Pikachu, an adjustable backpack harness with storage compartment, eight foam discs and two button cell batteries. Let the battle begin!
- Trainer Gloves with Sound™ — Get ready to become a Pokémon Trainer with Ash's gloves! These gloves are motion activated, so when you pretend to throw your Poké Ball into battle, you hear four different sound effects.
Chuggington StackTrack™--the first-ever train track system designed to build vertical layouts—reaches new heights with more action, excitement and elevation than ever before. For the first time, new StackTrack sets feature working escalators, elevators and mega cranes, helping die-cast engines scale the super-tall layouts and enhancing interactivity for even more Chuggington fun. Discover high speed tunnels, busy train yards and adventurous new engines in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line, brimming with characters, locations and equipment based on new TV episodes from Ludorum's popular animated series. This year, TOMY inspires fans to get creative and combine Chuggington playsets and track pieces to create amazing Megabuilds with the launch of Megabuild Junction (www.stackyourtrack.com). Megabuild Junction showcases awe-inspiring layouts and provides instructions at a variety of different building skill levels so kids can combine existing playsets and create mega-exciting Megabuilds.
Step-by-step instructions tell which sets and track pieces are used, encouraging kids to re-create the sample Megabuilds or challenge their imaginations to create new combinations, and then share photos or videos of their Megabuilds on social media. Featured playsets in the 2014 Chuggington StackTrack line include:
- Brewster's Big Build Adventure Set — Based on the Chuggington tentpole episode airing this fall, this set is packed with tons of play and innovative new features, including a working escalator, an elevator, a working mega crane, a trick bridge, a tunnel, and two Die-Cast engines. The set features four levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $49.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Checker Station Set — Based on the new Season 4 Chuggington location, the Checker Station Set is a great starter set for beginning engineers. Wilson is traveling through Chuggington, working hard and learning new skills. This set includes an elevator, swing gates, and a Die-Cast engine. The set features two levels of elevation and multiple layouts for extended play. MSRP: $19.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set — Based on the iconic Chug Patrol Head Quarters location, the Chug Patrol Head Quarters Set is packed with play and new adventures. Chug Patrol Wilson is training hard as the newest member of the Chug Patrol Team. This set includes a turn table, complete track layout, and a Die-Cast engine. The set folds up and stores track and engines for portable play on-the-go. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
Chuggington Wooden Railway
Chuggington Wooden Railway combines classic wooden toy train play and the exciting world of Chuggington, based on Ludorum's popular animated series. The line is great for first train sets, collectors and gifts. Highlights of new 2014 items include:
- Tunnel Adventure Set — The Chuggineers excavate a super long tunnel to Tootington. Kids can attach Brewster to the Tunnel Boring Machine to dig their way through the big tunnels, or pick up and drop off cargo at the drop and load yard with the magnetic crane. The set includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Crane and the Tunnel Boring Machine. MSRP: $149.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
- Mine Excavator Set — Chuggington wasn't built in a day…the Chuggineers excavate the Rocky Ridge Mine in preparation for the High Speed Tunnel to Tootington. This playset includes Chuggineer Brewster, Cargo Car, Cargo Bin, Magnetic Rock, Excavator and more than 7 feet of track. MSRP: $69.99. Ages: 3 years and up.
The Lamaze Infant Development System is a comprehensive collection of soft toys and activity gyms based on Lamaze International's philosophy of healthy parenting, making Lamaze toys by TOMY the ideal baby shower gift for expecting moms. Lamaze understands that what matters most to parents is keeping their children healthy, happy and safe. Designed in conjunction with child development experts and building on the brand's popular award-winning product lines, new 2014 introductions include:
- Sit Up and See Gym™ — The Lamaze Sit Up and See Gym is an all-in-one system that grows with baby, features many fun ways to play, and is easy to fold up, store and take on the go. The gym arch can be positioned at any angle. When baby bats at the mobile, it spins and the sun mirror lights up and plays a fun ocean song. The three removable dangling plush include either ribbons, rattle, or crinkle sounds to stimulate babies' senses. MSRP: $79.99. Ages: newborn and up.
- Freddie the Firefly™ Peekaboo Book — Shine a Light Freddie is an all soft book with peekaboo flaps, crinkle, and bright colors to stimulate baby's developing senses. The sweet bedtime story and hidden words under crinkly flaps make reading fun for parents and baby. MSRP: $14.99. Ages: 12 months and up.
- Night Night Owl — This soft and cuddly owl will soothe baby with her color change nightlight and gentle melodies. Packed with different textures, patterns and bright colors for tactile and visual development. MSRP: $29.99. Ages: newborn and up.
The TOMY Toys toddler line is comprised of innovative products that come alive and engage children in endless hours of play. These magical, interactive toys get toddlers toddling with action, lights, music and sound, while also bringing back nostalgic memories to parents who may recall loving similar items from their own childhoods. Push N' Chase Turtle (MSRP: $10.99, ages 9 months and up) is a push along, push n' go and rattle all in one, that promotes baby's muscle development and encourages crawling. Counting with Luke the Loop (MSRP: $24.99, ages 18 months and up) keeps toddlers active while teaching them to count in 4 different languages. Soar Luke through the air or push him along to the sounds of whimsical music, engine and a turning propeller. Ride N' Rock Playhorse (MSRP: $69.99, ages 12 months and up) is a portable, compact 5-in-1 toddler activity center loaded with features to keep baby engaged and active, with a Rocking Horse, Ride-on, Push-along, Storage and Wagon.
About TOMY International
TOMY International (www.tomy.com) is a leading global designer, producer and marketer of a broad range of innovative, high-quality toys sold to preschoolers, youths and adults under the TOMY®, Ertl®, Johnny Lightning®, Battroborg™ and Tomica® brands as well as products for parents, infants and toddlers marketed under its The First Years®, Lamaze, JJ Cole® Collections and Boon® brands. TOMY International also markets its products under popular and classic licensed properties such as John Deere, Pokémon, Chuggington, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dinosaur Train, Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Princesses, Cars, Fairies and Toy Story, and other well-known properties. TOMY International's mission is to inspire and fulfill the dreams of children and parents worldwide. TOMY International reaches its target consumers through multiple channels of distribution supporting more than 25,000 retail outlets throughout North and South America, Europe and Australia. TOMY International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based TOMY Company, Ltd. (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code No. 7867). © TOMY
SOURCE TOMY International
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,008
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,212
SYS-CON Events announced today that SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SUSE provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help ...
May. 28, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 516
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,428
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,947
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 28, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,801
In a world of ever-accelerating business cycles and fast-changing client expectations, the cloud increasingly serves as a growth engine and a path to new business models. Dynamic clouds enable businesses to continuously reinvent themselves, adapting their business processes, their service and software delivery and their operations to achieve speed-to-market and quick response to customer feedback. As the cloud evolves, the industry has multiple competing cloud technologies, offering on-premises ...
May. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,003
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,652
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 28, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,418
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
May. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,180
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,332
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
May. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,371
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
The web app is Agile. The REST API is Agile. The testing and planning are Agile. But alas, Data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes which force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software orga...
May. 28, 2015 02:56 PM EDT Reads: 490
The world is at a tipping point where the technology, the device and global adoption are converging to such a point that we will see an explosion of a world where smartphone devices not only allow us to talk to each other, but allow for communication between everything – serving as a central hub from which we control our world – MediaTek is at the heart of both driving this and allowing the markets to drive this reality forward themselves. The next wave of consumer gadgets is here – smart, con...
May. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 667