|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 07:37 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Mature and New Business Models are Driving Data Center Service Investments
Market concerns for Brazilian IT infrastructure outsourcing services include the need for space (CAPEX), since companies are restructuring, and the need for more capacity to host infrastructure. Brazilian companies are also struggling to increase operational efficiency, reduce management complexity, and save in costs. The data centers have created a new business model and they work as strategic tools to help companies successfully address concerns in the market. With the rise of new business models based in cloud computing, there is also increasing demand of data center services to meet customer needs for more space, storage, and processing capacity.
• The IT infrastructure outsourcing market in Brazil is mature; companies understand the benefits of outsourcing services, focusing on the core business, and reducing costs.
• The market reached X billion in 2012, and it is expected to reach X billion by 2018.
• There have been a considerable number of mergers and acquisitions in the Brazilian market over the last few years; further, private equity funds have been buying participation in data center companies.
• Disaster recovery was the most demanded service in 2012, withX% of market, followed by disaster recovery withX%, storage with X%, and colocation with X%.
• Banking and finance comprise the vertical that demands most in the market. IT and telecom comprise the 2nd largest market, followed by manufacturing and industry.
• The top-5 companies in the Brazilian market have decreased market shares as new companies are entering the market, increasing the level of competition.
1. Data centers are growing quickly in the Brazilian IT infrastructure outsourcing services market.
2. Several mergers and acquisitions have taken place among foreign and local companies and private equity.
3. The market is demanding more value-added services.
4. Market concentration has been decreasing.
5. Demand is increasing across verticals to hire outsourcing services.
Although the Brazilian economy has not grown as quickly as expected in the last few years—especially in 2012, when the Brazilian GDP grew only X% from 2011—IT services grew X% in 2012 compared to 2011, reaching $Xbillion.
Due to the weakened Brazilian economy, companies in the market are looking for cost reductions, and this means outsourcing information so that focus can remain on the core business. All this movement is to the increasing maturity regarding data centers' offerings that, in the last few years, received capital from private equity firms and several mergers and acquisitions among foreign and local companies.
Although there are still some concerns over the companies in outsourcing, most are realizing the cost reductions and focus on core business. There is still demand for colocation, but the market is moving to more value-added services.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the main drivers and restraints for the growth of the IT infrastructure outsourcing services market?Will the market continue to grow? At what rates?
Will the market continue to grow? At what rates?
What is the percentage of the revenues that corresponds to the different vertical markets?
Which is the most demanded data center service? Is this expected to change?
What is the current market concentration? How will this change by the end of the forecasted period?
How will this market behave in the future?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. IT Infrastructure Outsourcing Services Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Brazilian Internet Technology (IT) Infrastructure Outsourcing Services Market