|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 10:41 AM EST||
ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a message from Scott Nash, CEO:
I am the founder of MOM's Organic Market, a regional chain of organic grocery stores. I started MOM's in 1987 out of my mother's garage, and we are still 100% family owned and operated. Our new store in Bryn Mawr is our first store outside of the DC/Baltimore region.
MOM's Purpose is to protect and restore the environment. We are passionate environmentalists- and passionate about organic farming/products:
- We are the only grocery chain in the country to stop selling bottled water.
- We only carry sustainable seafood (right down to the canned tuna).
- We offset our customers' carbon emissions from shopping trips to and from MOM's through TerraPass.
- We were the first grocery chain in the country to eliminate plastic grocery bags.
- All of MOM's bulk/produce bags, coffee/sample cups, Naked Lunch to-go-ware, and re-usable MOM's grocery bags are 100% compostable.
- We purchase wind power and renewable energy credits to offset 100% of our electricity use.
- We give employees $5,000 when they buy an electric vehicle, $3,000 when they buy a hybrid.
- We offer free electric car-charging.
- All of our produce is 100% certified organic.
- We offer a recycling drop-off for wine corks, CFL bulbs, eye glasses, plastic bags, household batteries, and shoes. We also host periodic free recycling drives for electronics, jeans, holiday / Christmas tree lights and more!
- Once per year, at the beginning of the winter season, we check customers' tire pressure and inflate their tires for optimal efficiency.
Additionally, we do not sell products that use licensed cartoon characters to market to children.
If you have any questions, please feel free to either email me directly at [email protected] or call me at 301.816.1133 x-123.
MOM's has grown to become the region's premiere chain of family owned and operated environmental organic grocery stores, offering an incredible selection of organic products at everyday low prices. Visit our website at www.momsorganicmarket.com.
SOURCE MOM's Organic Market