|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Market to Grow at 10% CAGR till 2018 Driven by Digitization and HD
Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP and multiscreen delivery are the top trends that would drive broadcast equipment purchase in India from 2014 to 2016. This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share by product segment. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
• India today lies to the south of the digital divide in comparison to other regions. But over the next three years, it is expected to ramp up its infrastructure to supportX% digital distribution.
• Transition to HD, connected workflows, contribution and distribution over IP, and multiscreen delivery are top of the mind trends that would drive equipment purchase by Indian broadcasters for the next X-Xmonths.
• The Indian broadcast industry today has nearly X vendors that offer solutions to address various workflow requirements. Leading suppliers are international manufacturers such as Sony, Panasonic, Grass Valley, Harris, Harmonic, Snell, Ericsson, Adobe, Hitachi, Ikegami, among many others.
• While large companies have local headquarters and supply through a network of direct and reseller channel, many others tie up with local system integrators and local distributors. To succeed in this region, such strategic partnerships are vital. Some of the leading system integrators are SRSG Broadcast, CatDV, Ideal, VTIPL and Mahatre electronics.
• For many international vendors India presents immense untapped potential for business, but many find that doing business in this country is complex, as the end-user organizational processes are slow.
• Equipment vendors believe that price sensitivity among broadcasters will result in variable pricing models for products and technologies. For solutions such as asset management the market relies on local vendors or develop them in-house, thereby resulting in market fragmentation and dwindling industry revenues.
• This research will discuss product definitions, drivers and restraints, market and technical trends, as well as revenue and unit forecasts from 2012 to 2018, with 2013 as the base year. It includes analyses of competitive landscape and market share for six product segments. It also includes an end-user survey among broadcasters on the product purchasing decisions for the next three years.
1. Digitization of Pay TV services will release copious bandwidth, thus leading to the launch of more channels.
2. Strategic partnerships with Indian system integrators will allow foreign vendors to do business in the country, thereby increasing the market participation.
3. Digitization of Pay TV will relieve broadcasters off their hefty carriage fees; thereby allowing them to invest more time and effort into equipment and technologies.
4. Multiscreen dynamics will impact the broadcast equipment industry; Products are now in sync with online technologies.
5. Fragmentation, saturating opportunity and technology convergence set the stage for divestments and acquisitions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
What technical trends, including cloud technologies, are shaping the marketplace today? What trends are on the horizon, and what does this mean for future product strategy?
What regional trends exist in digitization and digital TV, and what do they mean for growth strategies in India for vendors?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Equipment Purchasing Trends in the India Broadcast Market—End-user Survey
4. Total Digital Broadcast Equipment Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
5. Cameras Segment Breakdown
6. Encoders Segment Breakdown
7. Broadcast Video Server Segment Breakdown
8. Switchers Segment Breakdown
9. Nonlinear Editing (NLE) Segment Breakdown
10. Media Asset Management (MAM) Segment Breakdown
11. System Integration in India
12. The Last Word
To order this report: India Digital Broadcast Equipment Market Opportunity Analysis
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
May. 24, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,453
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
May. 24, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,802
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developmen...
May. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,087
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
May. 24, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,275
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 24, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 992
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 24, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,850
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,141
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,061
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,495
In high-production environments where release cycles are measured in hours or minutes — not days or weeks — there's little room for mistakes and no room for confusion. Everyone has to understand what's happening, in real time, and have the means to do whatever is necessary to keep applications up and running optimally. DevOps is a high-stakes world, but done well, it delivers the agility and performance to significantly impact business competitiveness.
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,759
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally – how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, provided answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He also discussed Intercloud and Cisco’s investment on it.
May. 24, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,775
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 24, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 998
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
May. 24, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,319
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,198