|By PR Newswire||
|February 18, 2014 08:13 AM EST|
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of End Users' Perspective on the Global Communication Test Equipment Market
Brand Recognition and Product Portability to Boost Vendors' Market Presence
This market insight analyzes the various requirements of communication test equipment end users, globally, and provides strategies test vendors can use to achieve higher sales of their equipment. The segments included in this analysis are wireline, wireless, and fiber optics. The results and analysis are based on an end-user survey, weighing their input about various factors including product features, test vendor selection, end-user knowledge, purchase influencers, and distribution structure. The base year for this study is 2013.
• The key product segments covered in this deliverable include wireline, wireless, and fiber optic communication test equipment.
• The survey was answered by several types of end users consisting of network equipment manufacturers, service providers, and original equipment manufacturers.
• The key results of the survey include:
oBrand recognition forms the key criterion for test-vendor selection.
oSpeed, performance, and ease of use are the most sought after product features.
oPortable instruments are preferred whenever possible.
oEnd-user knowledge varies depending on the level of difficulty and sophistication of the test product but improves sales.
oBoth direct and indirect sales are equally prevalent; however, choosing the right distribution channel depends on various factors, including geography and product sophistication.
oCustomers unanimously want to engage with vendors during product development, which will ensure that they get the product they want regarding features, style, and functionality.
The objective of this survey is to analyze the various requirements of communication test equipment end users, globally, and provide test vendors with input and strategies they can use to achieve higher sales of their equipment.
For the purpose of this analysis, Frost & Sullivan has segmented the communication test equipment market into 3 categories. They include:
• Fiber optic
The results and analysis are based on the end-user survey and their input on various factors, including product features, test-vendor selection, end-user knowledge, purchase influencers, and distribution structure.
• Transport test equipment—Includes SONET/SDH, unframed BERT, Ethernet (GbE and X GbE), and others, including fiber channel
• Next-generation networks and services test equipment—Includes voice, video, data security, and IMS test equipment
• Access networking test equipment—Includes test equipment used in cable and telecom networking for technologies such as DSL, GPON, and EPON
• Mobile—Device test equipment
• Base—Station test equipment
• Drive test equipment
• Mobile backhaul and wireless core test equipment
• OTDR, OLS, OPM, OLTS, OSA, RFTS, and others including tunable lasers, CD, PMD, CWDM, and DWDM equipment.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What factors do end users consider while choosing a particular test vendor?
What features do end users look for in a particular product category?
What type of test instruments do end users prefer?
What distribution channel is best suited for test vendors?
How knowledgeable are end users in the communication test industry?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 4
Market Overview 6
Total Communication Test Equipment Market -
•Test Vendor Selection Criteria 10
•Product Features 13
•Types of Test Equipment 16
•End-user Knowledge 19
•Distribution Analysis 21
The Frost & Sullivan Story 32
To order this report: Analysis of End Users' Perspective on the Global Communication Test Equipment Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001