|By PR Newswire||
|February 19, 2014 09:30 AM EST||
Ethernet Service Orchestration software to deliver performance monitoring and data integrity for 4G network in multi-million dollar deal
OTTAWA, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - CENX announced that they have been selected by a North American tier 1 mobile service provider for a multi-million dollar project to provide a real-time performance and fault monitoring solution for a nationwide 4G backhaul network. The CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager will deliver significant operational cost savings by reducing trouble triage time, establishing an authoritative measurement of access vendor performance, and improving data integrity.
- The CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager will allow this tier 1 mobile service provider to monitor Ethernet transport services in real time. Ethernet Lifecycle Manager (ELM) is CENX's flagship Service Orchestration solution. ELM features a common inventory and monitoring dashboard that visualizes the state of Ethernet circuits end-to-end across the entire network, including those services provided by numerous access vendors. With the CENX solution, the mobile service provider can now monitor the performance of circuits provided by access vendors, reduce mean time to repair with intuitive fault sectionalization, and automate the delivery of authoritative intelligence to ensure that SLAs are met.
- CENX's ELM software is extensible to VoLTE, as it enables correlation at the CoS level and can be linked to IMS core performance.
- A 2013 trial of the CENX solution with this service provider delivered tangible business value, substantially reducing triage time, and ensuring more efficient and authoritative SLA process management.
- This announcement follows a previous multi-million dollar order from another tier 1 service provider for CENX to accelerate the build-out of 4G mobile backhaul network.
CENX President and CEO
"Today's networks generate millions of data events per minute. Network operations teams are challenged to sift through this mass of data, determine the most relevant data and interpret the data that resides in disparate systems to take timely action to ensure the most positive customer experience," said Ed Ogonek, CENX President and CEO. "With CENX, our customer gains an authoritative single-pane view to monitor Ethernet services end-to-end. They will derive immediate business value in faster time to market, reduced OPEX and a future proof solution that can transition to next generation software-defined networks."
About CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager
- CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager is the industry's only software and services solution focused on automating the orchestration of carrier Ethernet transport services for mobile backhaul, cloud data center Ethernet exchanges, and Ethernet access providers in today's networks and next generation software-defined networks.
- The cornerstone of the CENX solution is a services-centric information model that unites data from existing operational support systems, network elements and other disparate sources. The CENX solution applies big data analytics and automation to audit, unify and correlate these fragmented data inputs into actionable services intelligence. It provides end-to-end visualization of Ethernet services, including off-net services supplied by third party access providers.
- Ethernet Lifecycle Manager features software and services modules that deliver tangible business results including 70%+ improvement in inventory accuracy, 80%+ reduction in services turn-up time, and an estimated 20%+ improvement in operations savings.
Meet with CENX at Mobile World Congress on February 24-27 in Barcelona,
Hospitality Suite 2J12 - Hall 2
CENX provides Service Orchestration solutions for Ethernet transport in today's IP networks and new generation Software-Defined Networks. We bring the power of Web 2.0, automation and big data analytics to visualize Ethernet transport services, and orchestrate service delivery across multiple operator networks. With CENX, service providers and cloud exchange providers can accelerate time to revenue, visualize services end-to-end, and assure inter-carrier performance - across the entire Ethernet lifecycle. www.cenx.com
Samsung VP Jacopo Lenzi, who headed the company's recent SmartThings acquisition under the auspices of Samsung's Open Innovaction Center (OIC), answered a few questions we had about the deal. This interview was in conjunction with our interview with SmartThings CEO Alex Hawkinson. IoT Journal: SmartThings was developed in an open, standards-agnostic platform, and will now be part of Samsung's Ope...
Oct. 26, 2014 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,705
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an In...
Oct. 25, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,731
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud...
Oct. 25, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,852
StackIQ offers a comprehensive software suite that automates the deployment, provisioning, and management of Big Infrastructure. With StackIQ’s software, you can spin up fully configured big data clusters, quickly and consistently — from bare-metal up to the applications layer — and manage them efficiently. Our software’s modular architecture allows customers to integrate nearly any application wi...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,791
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, will focus on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,730
As Platform as a Service (PaaS) matures as a category, developers should have the ability to use the programming language of their choice to build applications and have access to a wide array of services. Bluemix is IBM's open cloud development platform that enables users to easily build cloud-based, creative mobile and web applications without having to spend large amounts of time and resources o...
Oct. 25, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,799
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, will discuss how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will nee...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,447
When you set off to build an app that will change the world, designing your system architecture to be reliable and scalable is important but the stark reality is that, for your MVP, you probably had a “need for speed” (of development). You didn’t know what all the axes were to scale your application, where your stress points would be, and what weird and wonderful ways your customers would use it d...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, ...
Oct. 23, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,742