|By Business Wire||
|February 19, 2014 10:58 AM EST||
NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, managed services and biometric solutions, today announced version 7.0 of its UC for Business (UCB) unified communications software application with a new voice agent customer interface tool called TouchPoint. Release 7.0 addresses the needs of global contact centers and agents who are challenged to keep customers happy in a dynamic multilingual market.
Release 7.0 delivers a comprehensive range of features all intended to maximize interaction with the customer. One of the key ways NEC accomplishes this is by significantly simplifying the agent desktop and focusing on the customer engagement with TouchPoint, a new user interface for agents and supervisors. The new simplified interface is designed to encourage collaboration both inside and outside the contact center, helping agents improve first-contact resolution of customer needs.
The application provides real-time information and ‘context-aware’ functionality to maximize efficiency, and a lean, compact footprint prevents desktop clutter and information overload for those users who also work in CRM and other business applications. In addition, TouchPoint addresses the needs of organizations with a multilingual workforce, something becoming more prevalent as companies expand globally. Latin American Spanish, German, and Russian language versions are now available.
NEC’s UCB 7.0 release has new campaign tools for customers using Microsoft® Lync®, helping them turn operations into a profit center, with enhanced redundancy options.
Release 7.0 delivers a full suite of enhancements that includes:
- Increased agent involvement - Outdial for Lync allows outbound campaigns, such as collections, outbound sales campaigns and appointment reminders, improving agent productivity and offering revenue generation opportunities within the contact center.
- Surveys and customer feedback channels - Managers can capture customer feedback on email and web chat-based agent interactions, as well as those conducted through voice automation. Integrated reporting provides comprehensive monitoring of customer satisfaction across all communication channels.
- Redundancy - Database replication is now supported in a variety of configurations, ensuring that the standby server is always current; significantly enhancing performance in a variety of disaster recovery scenarios.
Contact centers are noted to be complex environments trying to keep pace with the needs of myriad customers. Recent studies have shown that a simple agent interface is the panacea that makes their job more effective and results in happy customers.
To learn more about NEC:
- Subscribe to our blog.
- Follow NEC on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter: @NEC, @NEC_Channels.
- Read our Customer Success Stories.
- Visit NECToday.com
© 2014 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.