|By Business Wire||
|February 19, 2014 10:30 PM EST||
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services for government and enterprise customers, was awarded a multimillion U.S. dollar contract to provide the radio system, two-way radios and associated software applications to support the 27th Southeast Asian Games (Games) that took place in Naypyidaw and other main cities, during December 11-22, 2013.
As the first digital trunked radio solution in Myanmar by its Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA), the system will also be expanded to other cities, with the goal of nation-wide coverage for public safety and major state events, including the 2014 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Chairmanship meetings and the next ASEAN Ministerial Summit.
- Motorola Solutions, together with its partners Al Noor International (S) Pte Ltd and Secure Networks Co. Ltd, deployed the latest Motorola ASTRO® 25 technologies at Naypyidaw where most of the games were held.
- Three repeater sites, MCC 7500 Dispatch Consoles and a wide range of two-way radios including the award-winning APX2000 and APX2500 radios are part of this deployment.
- Efficiency and safety applications also include AVLS (GPS tracking and Mapping Client) and ASTRO 25 Advanced Text messaging.
- These products have been chosen for the superior audio quality, robust build, and seamless operability regardless of operations mode – features ideal to ensure successful event communications management during the Games period and beyond.
- As one of the biggest sports events in Southeast Asia, the 27th Southeast Asian Games was held at various venues in cities throughout Myanmar. With tens of thousands of attendees, a total of 37 sports were hosted at various locations, involving 460 events with 1,531 medals awarded.
- With multiple, noise-filled sports environments, a large geographical coverage area, and possible radio interference from the large number of spectators expected to use personal two-way radios for communication, a mission-critical solution designed for extreme environments was required.
- The event organizer’s operational needs included: creating instant communication between users and venues, delivering clear voice transmissions under extreme conditions, and ensuring secure wireless communication against the interference of unlicensed frequencies, all combined to deliver key information in a timely and accurate way. These challenges led MOHA to collaboratively work with Motorola Solutions to design a complete communications solution that best addressed their challenges.
- With the ASTRO 25 solution, Myanmar gains a platform to meet the needs of the Games and provide for future nationwide mission-critical, enhanced digital communications needed by police, fire, prison and administrative officers for command and control during major events and incidents.
Chew Guan Sing, vice president, South & East Asia, Motorola Solutions
“The Government Radio Network is designed to allow public safety agencies to communicate better, faster and more securely than ever before using digital radio voice communications. This is a tremendous opportunity for Myanmar to show the world its commitment in giving the highest levels of safety through the country’s public safety agencies and the emergency responders.”
Babu Noor, managing director Al Noor International (S) Pte Ltd and Moe Zaw, director, Secure Networks Co., Ltd
“By partnering with Motorola Solutions, our consortium can effectively deploy a tried-and-tested technology to meet public safety needs of international visitors as well as residents of Myanmar. Al Noor International and Secure Networks are committed and looking forward to see this project expand into rest of the country. This goes a long way to boost the image and confidence the public has in Myanmar.”
Website: APX™ Series P25 Two-Way Radios
Website: MCC 7500 Dispatch Console
Website: Motorola Solutions in Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.