|By PR Newswire||
|February 21, 2014 09:07 AM EST||
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently gave mini-grants to 17 non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. Mini-grants went to:
- Orlando Union Rescue Mission, Orlando. The Orlando Union Rescue Mission is one of Central Florida's oldest and largest homeless service providers. It offers food, clothing, shelter, education and other resources to help homeless families achieve self sufficiency. For more information, please visit http://www.ourm.org.
- Tiny Hands Foundation, Sarasota. The Tiny Hands Foundation helps children whose families live below the poverty line in Sarasota and Manatee counties. The foundation plans a new initiative in August called "Backpack Brigade," with a goal of filling 1,000 backpacks with school supplies for young students. For more information, please visit: www.tinyhandsfoundation.org
- Suncoast Haven of Rest Rescue Mission, St. Petersburg. The mission operates a food basket program for disadvantaged individuals and families and provides each family it helps with enough food for one week. For more information, please visit: www.havenofrest.com
- Bayonet Point Middle School, New Port Richey. The school is scheduling a trip to Kennedy Space Center for 210 eighth graders and is raising money to reduce the student cost to $25. For more information, please visit: http://bpms.pasco.k12.fl.us.
- Centurion Battalion, Winter Park. The Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) is for American youth ages 11-17 who have a desire to learn about the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine. Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia. The Centurion Battalion is located in Central Florida and cadets come from Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Volusia counties. The organization has a growing need for uniforms and other essentials. For more information, please visit: www.centurionbattalion.org.
- Merci Outreach Ministries, Inc., Brandon. Merci Outreach Ministries (MOM) is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and families living in distressed situations. For more information, please visit: http://merci1.org.
- Dressing Angels, Wesley Chapel. Dressing Angels is a charity that provides clothes and shoes to individuals who are mentally ill or in financial need. For more information, please visit: www.dressingangels.org.
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Tampa. The foundation is raising money so that children with cancer will be able to participate in the Johnny Ferlita Memorial Fishing Tournament, scheduled for May 2-3 in Tampa. For more information, please visit: http://fastercure.org.
- Multi-Ethnic Youth Group Association, Miami. This non-profit offers multiple programs for youth in Dade County, including a shelter for at-risk youth aged 14 to 17 years old. For more information, please visit www.meyga.org.
- Sunrise of Pasco, Inc, Dade City. Sunrise of Pasco provides shelter that protects women and children in crisis. For more information, please visit: http://sunrisepasco.org.
- New Directions Community Outreach, Casselberry. The mission of this organization is to prevent and reduce the growing rate of homelessness in Central Florida by equipping individuals and families with the proper tools to become self-sufficient. For more information, please visit http://ndcoseminole.org
- Little Smiles, Inc. Hollywood. Little Smiles is a non-profit organization that works with children who are undergoing life-saving medical treatment. The group works side by side with local nurses, childlife staff, and medical personnel to determine the immediate needs for each child and family. For more information, please visit: www.littlesmiles.org.
- Genesis House, Inc. Melbourne. Genesis House provides transitional shelter for homeless women and their children, long-term housing for student mothers with children and shelter for homeless pregnant women. The organization is committed to providing a safe, supportive, caring environment. Education, self-discipline, self-reliance, and independence from the welfare system are promoted. For more information, please visit: www.genesishouse-shelter.org
- Dress for Success, Tampa. The mission of Dress for Success Tampa is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. The group encourages women to embrace fitness as a lifestyle. For more information, please visit: www.dressforsuccess.org/tampabay.
- Therapy Wish, Orlando. The mission of this non-profit group is to raise funds to decrease the cost of therapy services for individuals who are developmentally disabled. Services include occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
- Orange County Library System, Children's Division, Orlando. This summer, the Orange County Library System will host its Summer Reading program June 7 to Aug. 9. This is the largest free summer enrichment program available to Orange County students. For more information, please visit: www.ocls.info.
- Hernando Chamber Education & Training, Brooksville. The Chamber Education & Training program helps develop Hernando County's workforce through local educational initiatives, student recognition, the Hernando Youth Initiative and an annual Summit for Youth. For more information, please visit www.hernandochamber.com.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, cash advances, prepaid cards and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot Financial currently operates 230 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 1,600 employees. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for five years. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 27, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 2,244
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionalit...
Jan. 27, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 2,450
Jan. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,602
Jan. 27, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,562
Jan. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,312
Jan. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,561
Jan. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,342
Jan. 26, 2015 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,442
Jan. 26, 2015 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,357
Jan. 26, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,928
Jan. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EST Reads: 2,563
Jan. 26, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,532
Jan. 26, 2015 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,530
Jan. 26, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,884
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Jan. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,523