|By Marketwired .||
|February 23, 2014 10:00 AM EST||
BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 02/23/14 -- (Mobile World Congress 2014) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today introduced new solutions that expand on its open standards-based software-defined networking (SDN) portfolio to enable carriers to accelerate service creation and build networks that deliver a customized end-user experience. Together with its Contrail technology, Juniper's solutions give service providers the ability to increase network utilization and deliver new, customized services to their customers in real-time. With these latest developments, Juniper now offers the industry's only open, secure, multi-layered, multi-domain SDN solution.
Service providers remain under significant pressure to stay profitable in the face of a data deluge driven by high-definition video streaming, mobile data, cloud computing and Internet-connected devices. At the same time, consumers now expect more customized experiences. According to a recent Bain & Company study, consumers paid an average of 28 percent more for customized goods than "off-the-shelf" products from the same manufacturer.(1) Today, however, service providers must perform complicated and cumbersome manual network changes that prevent the possibility of dynamic bandwidth, function and service provisioning.
Juniper Networks is expanding its SDN portfolio with new software and hardware to help service providers build high-IQ networks and cloud environments. These networks are secure, automated and scalable, enabling rapid service provisioning based on actionable intelligence. The new SDN solutions from Juniper -- which will help carriers address impending 5G demands -- reduce complexity, enable networks to securely and intuitively adapt to user preferences in real-time and make existing hardware more efficient and versatile. These innovations will enable service providers to:
1. Automate network operations for simplicity and agility in response to dynamic service needs, while reducing operational costs.
- Juniper today is unveiling Junos® Fusion, software that can control thousands of independent network elements -- either from Juniper or a third-party -- from a single management plane. A large network may have multiple core routers, hundreds of edge routers and tens of thousands of additional touch points for transport, aggregation and backhaul, such as microwave, mobile or optical devices. With Junos Fusion, service providers can reduce network complexity and operational costs by collapsing those underlying transport elements into a single point of control from the Juniper Networks® MX Series or PTX Series routing platforms. Junos Fusion is fully interoperable with third-party solutions and is extensible to SDN control.
- Combining Junos Fusion with the Juniper Networks Contrail controller and Junos Space network management software provides a powerful portfolio of capabilities to simplify the network and make it more responsive to changing service offerings and needs. Junos Fusion will be available Q2 2014.
2. Scale the network infrastructure with silicon and SDN to deliver the performance and efficiency needed to economically meet demand.
- Juniper is expanding its SDN portfolio with Juniper Networks NorthStar Controller, a new traffic-engineering controller leveraging open, industry-standard protocols built to optimize service providers' transport networks. Expected to be available in the second half of 2014, the NorthStar Controller will automatically identify and program the optimal path within a multi-vendor network, based on operator-defined performance and cost requirements. This will allow service providers to increase utilization, create service-oriented network paths and dynamically adjust to changing network conditions. As a result, service providers can better support dynamic mobile and cloud traffic, avoid costly over provisioning, mitigate wasted CAPEX spend and reduce planning cycles of current static networks.
- Through the integration of WANDL technology, recently acquired by Juniper Networks, NorthStar Controller is equipped with highly intelligent analytics and modeling capabilities to enhance the performance and cost-effectiveness of an operator's network infrastructure.
- Today, Juniper is also introducing its 1 TB line cards adding further scale to the PTX Series router. Available in Q2 2014, the new line cards double the PTX router's per-slot capacity to provide operators with more usable per-path bandwidth, yield greater network efficiency and reduce additional CAPEX and OPEX.
3. Create new customizable services rapidly using an intelligent and programmable network to increase revenue and brand equity.
- Creating value for service providers is predicated on knowing what users are doing on the network and being able to act on it quickly. Today, with the new Junos Video Focus, Junos Subscriber Aware, Junos Application Aware and Junos Policy Control products available on the MX Series routers, operators can use the MX in the Gi-LAN as a Service Control Gateway (SCG) to custom-tailor service experiences not only based on who is using the network, but what they are using it for. These SCG functions will be available in mid-2014.
- Together with Juniper Networks Contrail, service providers can leverage that intelligence to immediately implement Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and quickly provision new services, such as security firewalls like Firefly Perimeter and DDoS Secure, as well as adapt to changing business needs. In addition, service providers can create different service experiences and service chains for different subscribers, based on device, network or application, and charge accordingly.
- Today, Juniper also introduced the CSE2000 Carrier Services Engine, a purpose-built, NEBS-compliant server platform for the service provider environment. This provides customers with the flexibility to virtualize network functions on the router, in a carrier-grade central office (CO) or on a standard x86 server in the data center, providing the ability to optimize service location based on performance and cost requirements. The CSE2000 is available now.
To assist customers with the transition to highly customizable networks, Juniper Networks offers a full range of professional services. These include assessment, planning and migration services to support customers with roadmap development, design, deployment and integration with their existing service provider operations.
Juniper Networks will be showcasing its innovations in Hall 2, Booth #2061 at Mobile World Congress 2014. In addition, the company will be demonstrating its NorthStar and Contrail Controllers for NFV and SDN at OFC 2014, taking place March 11 - 13 in San Francisco at Booth #309, and at MPLS World Congress, taking place March 18 - 21 in Paris at Booth #102.
"At Sprint, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and high-quality network services on the market. Doing this effectively requires a network that is increasingly scalable, agile and automated. Juniper's approach to service provider networks is exciting as it focuses on the need to evolve networks so services can be brought to market at a faster pace."
-Iyad Tarazi, vice president, Network Development, Sprint
"Juniper's approach is exciting to see as NTT Communications looks to the future evolution of networks. NTT Communications views the ultimate goal of enabling network virtualization and automation as critical to the continued and rapid growth of network importance to our customers. Juniper's view on networks of the future aligns very closely with NTT Communications' vision and we look forward to providing our customers with the great experience they have come to expect from us."
-Kempei Fukuda, director, Network Services, NTT Communications
"At Telekom Malaysia we have embarked on an aggressive program to create services faster, simplify network operations through automation and scale cost-effectively to meet demand. The next quantum leap in performance and flexibility requires a new network architecture: leaner, adaptable in real-time to changing service and traffic conditions, and flexible to meet our customers' demands. Juniper offers a vision of the network we are trying to build: we are excited to see Juniper working with us to help realize this vision."
-Giorgio Migliarina, chief technology and innovation officer, Telekom Malaysia
"Expanding Juniper's SDN portfolio aimed at service providers will enable custom service creation opportunities for carriers. What is new and different is Juniper's approach to open, multi-vendor network management of NFV-based services, such as virtual firewall and VPN, which is what service providers are saying they need in order to grow revenues and satisfy consumer and enterprise requirements for flexible service offerings."
-Nav Chander, research manager, IDC
"Historically, service provider networks have expanded economies, given voices to the otherwise unheard, and brought people and communities closer together. Imagine what the next evolution of the network could deliver if it could inherently eliminate complexity for end users and operators, adapt on the fly to deliver experiences based on user preferences, and if intelligent software could be added to make existing hardware more efficient and versatile. That is what Juniper will deliver with an optimized, automated, high-IQ network that allows for real-time customization."
-Rami Rahim, executive vice president, Platform Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- To learn more about Juniper's new offerings for service providers, visit www.juniper.net/automate-scale-create
- Blog: If You Can Imagine It, Juniper Can Help Build It by Rami Rahim
- Blog: Fusing it All Together by Steve Shaw
- Blog: Play Tough, Play Smart, Go for Gold in SDN by Stephen Liu
- Video: Juniper Innovation Delivers Expanded SDN Portfolio
- Juniper Communities: www.juniper.net/social
About Juniper Networks in Routing
Juniper Networks was born from a willingness to challenge conventional thinking. Our routing solutions are the result of some of the industry's most groundbreaking innovations across every aspect of networking technology: in silicon, systems and software. They continue to be the industry benchmark for performance, scale and rapid services deployment, giving customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks' general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
(1) Bain Consumer survey, 20
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2525891
+1 408 936-6438
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborat...
Mar. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,220
WSM International is launching a DevOps services division that offers assessment, consulting and implementation to large enterprises and organizations with complex infrastructures. This is the first independent services company to create a dedicated practice to help organizations looking to transition to the DevOps model. The concept of DevOps is to blend information technology (IT) software development with operations to optimize the computing infrastructure according to the specific needs of ...
Mar. 29, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,480
The WebRTC Summit 2014 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,594
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things...
Mar. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,848
Hosted PaaS providers have given independent developers and startups huge advantages in efficiency and reduced time-to-market over their more process-bound counterparts in enterprises. Software frameworks are now available that allow enterprise IT departments to provide these same advantages for developers in their own organization. In his workshop session at DevOps Summit, Troy Topnik, ActiveState’s Technical Product Manager, will show how on-prem or cloud-hosted Private PaaS can enable organ...
Mar. 29, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,241
DevOps tasked with driving success in the cloud need a solution to efficiently leverage multiple clouds while avoiding cloud lock-in. Flexiant today announces the commercial availability of Flexiant Concerto. With Flexiant Concerto, DevOps have cloud freedom to automate the build, deployment and operations of applications consistently across multiple clouds. Concerto is available through four disruptive pricing models aimed to deliver multi-cloud at a price point everyone can afford.
Mar. 29, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 942
Today, IT is not just a cost center. IT is an enabler and driver of business. With the emergence of the hybrid cloud paradigm, IT now has increasingly more capabilities to create new strategic opportunities for a business. Hybrid cloud allows an organization to utilize multi-tenant public clouds, dedicated private clouds, bare metal hosting, and the associated support and services for the right use cases through an on-demand, XaaS model. This model of IT creates tremendous opportunities for busi...
Mar. 29, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,154
Docker is an excellent platform for organizations interested in running microservices. It offers portability and consistency between development and production environments, quick provisioning times, and a simple way to isolate services. In his session at DevOps Summit at 16th Cloud Expo, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, will walk through these and other benefits of using Docker to run microservices, and provide an overview of RancherOS, a minimalist distribution of Linux designed...
Mar. 29, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,436
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a “Make or Buy” decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud busi...
Mar. 29, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting we...
Mar. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,419
Businesses are looking to empower employees and departments to do more, go faster, and streamline their processes. For all workers – but mobile workers especially – utilizing the cloud to reconnect documents and improve processes without destructing existing workflows can have a dramatic impact on productivity. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mark Grilli, vice president of Acrobat Solutions marketing at Adobe Systems Incorporated, will outline new ways that the cloud is changing the way peo...
Mar. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,329
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Mar. 29, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,171
Are your applications getting in the way of your business strategy? It’s time to rethink your IT approach. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Madhukar Kumar, Vice President, Product Management at Liaison Technologies, will discuss a new data-centric approach to IT that allows your data, not applications, to inform business strategy. By moving away from an application-centric IT model where data integration and analysis are subservient to the constraints of applications, your organization will b...
Mar. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,561
WSM International has launched a DevOps services division that offers assessment, consulting and implementation to large enterprises and organizations with complex infrastructures. The concept of DevOps is to blend information technology (IT) software development with operations to optimize the computing infrastructure according to the specific needs of the organization. According to a recent press release from Gartner, "By 2016, DevOps will evolve from a niche strategy employed by large cloud ...
Mar. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,300