|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 02:03 AM EST||
Accedian Networks, the leader in Performance Assured Networking™ solutions, today released a Bill of Rights for the mobile industry.
“As an industry we are facing a number of network challenges and most of the pressure currently rests with the mobile operators; we believe that network solution vendors should come together and ease their strain,” said Patrick Ostiguy, President & CEO of Accedian Networks. “By standing together and with a list of principles to guide us , we can all effectively play our individual part in delivering solutions that are Open, Programmable and fully functional in Multi-Vendor networks; thereby easing the strain on the operator and multiplying the benefits for all.”
The 8 Guiding Principles are:
1- Standards-based Performance Assurance
- Operators must avoid becoming hostages to proprietary solutions. It is up to the vendor to work within industry standards and deliver best-of-breed solutions.
2- Multi-vendor Interoperability
- Mobile operators have the right to have access to Performance Assurance solutions that are vendor agnostic, therefore favoring plurality and competitiveness within the network, while leveraging the Performance Assurance capabilities that may already be present in the network.
3- Ubiquitous Network Coverage
- Vendors need to take into consideration the uniqueness and diversity of the entire operator network. By doing so, vendors should be able to deliver solutions in a variety of form factors and functionalities that can expand Performance Assurance’s coverage to every corner of the operator’s network.
- Tight performance requirements call for tight measurement capabilities. Tight signaling plane coordination in HetNets, TDD-LTE and LTE-Advanced make microsecond accuracy mandatory. Operators deserve access to high accuracy Performance Assurance.
5- Granular Data
- In today’s bursty networks, a lot can happen in a microsecond. Mobile operators deserve Performance Assurance solutions that provide data that is granular enough to match the speed of their network.
- Networks are in service every minute, every second; Performance Assurance should be no different. Sporadically scanning the network for its performance only delivers a partial view. Mobile operators deserve Performance Assurance solutions that see performance every time, all the time.
7- One-way metrics
- Tight signaling plane coordination in HetNets, TDD-LTE and LTE-Advanced make one-way measurements mandatory to assure timing integrity and therefore avoid outages. Mobile operators deserve one-way metrics in order to deploy these new technologies with confidence.
8- Real-time reporting
- Mobile operators deserve Real-time Performance reporting. This allows them to tune the performance of their network by seeing the effect of network changes as they are being applied, in real-time.
“For us in the vendor community, we need to work together, do our part to achieve these principles, and effectively solve network performance issues. It is only then that we can truly align our goals to that of the mobile operator, which is to offer the best network performance,” concluded Ostiguy.
About Accedian Networks
Accedian Networks is the leader in Performance Assured Networking™ for mobile backhaul, business services and cloud connectivity. Accedian’s solutions deliver the most precise network performance measurements, advanced service creation and traffic management capabilities that provide service providers and network operators with network visibility; thus empowering them to optimize, improve and manage the performance of their network, and deliver the best possible experience to their subscribers. Established in 2004, Accedian Networks has an installed base that exceeds 100,000 cell sites and has over 170,000 (and counting) platforms deployed worldwide. For more information, please visit www.Accedian.com, and follow us on Twitter @Accedian.