|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2014 04:16 AM EST||
BARCELONA, Spain, February 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Ultra low power (ULP) RF specialist Nordic Semiconductor ASA (OSE: NOD) today confirms details of demonstrations it will be hosting on its booth (Hall 6 Stand 6H20) at Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona, Spain, from February 24 to 27, 2014.
Nordic's theme for MWC is "Nordic is all around you", which underlines the rapid adoption of its nRF51 Series Bluetooth® low energy and ANT+™ solutions by companies across the globe.
The design partners demonstrating on Nordic's booth are:
- Kontakt (http://kontakt.io) demonstrating a beacon built around Nordic's nRF51822;
- Leica Geosystems (http://www.leica-geosystems.com) exhibiting the DISTO D810™ touch, a handheld laser distance meter which is a finalist in the Bluetooth Breakthrough Awards 2014;
- Blue Maestro (http://www.bluemaestro.com) showing its Tempo Smart Temperature Sensor, that logs temperature in its memory which users can access from their mobiles;
- Mio (http://www.mioglobal.com) showing the Mio Link, a heart rate monitor in a wristband that transmits data via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart;
- Matilde (http://ma-tilde.com) demonstrating Bluetooth Smart "Glasses" communicating with a smartphone;
- Moff (http://www.moff.mobi) demonstrating an interactive toy with sound & voice effects using its own app;
- 4iiii (http://4iiii.com) showing its new Liiiink product range that employs ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart for use cases like activity tracking;
- Adidas miCoach (micoach.adidas.com) demonstrating miCoach Speed_Cell and miCoach X_Cell - the first devices to provide athletes with a complete training system;
- GN ReSound (http://www.gnresound.com) showing the world's first "Made for iPhone®" hearing aid offering direct, stereo sound streaming from Apple's mobile products;
- Connectedevice (http://www.connectedevice.com) demonstrating a solution based on a Nordic chipset to create a connected watch that can communicate with iOS 7 and Android 4.3 platforms;
- Dayton (http://www.dayton.com.hk) exhibiting Bluetooth low energy heart rate monitor, bike combo sensor, key fob, and portable control display device;
- OSM (http://www.osmglobal.com) showing accessories that personalize, protect, and add functionality to products to enhance personal interaction;
- National (http://www.national.com.hk) demonstrating smart wrist-wearable GPS, smart optical heart rate, smart analog watch and smart gear with OLED display;
- Airfy (http://www.airfy.com) demonstrating Bluetooth low energy beacons and Wi-Fi technology with a focus for retail applications.
"The capabilities of Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ interoperable wireless technologies -– coupled with our development tools which allow companies with little or no RF knowledge to take advantage of ultra low power wireless connectivity -– is spawning an incredible range of innovative applications that are entering the market at an unprecedented rate," says Geir Langeland, Nordic Semiconductor's Director of Sales & Marketing.
Specific times and dates of the design partner demonstrations can be found at http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Events/MWC-2014.
About Nordic Semiconductor ASA
SOURCE Nordic Semiconductor