|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that a Tier 1 U.S. mobile operator has upgraded its mediation software license. With a rapidly growing customer base, a recent brand acquisition complete and 4G/LTE network expansion underway, the mobile operator required a high performing solution capable of handling real-time data collection and complex event processing (CEP) with ease.
- Comptel Convergent Mediation helps collect, process and enrich 20% of the world’s mobile data; more than 30 of Comptel’s customers process 1 billion+ data records daily. Deployed at more than 150 operators, it offers a single, technology-agnostic mediation platform supporting both prepaid and postpaid customer bases. When combined with policy control, charging and analytics, it is instrumental in balancing resource-constrained service environments.
- The Tier 1 U.S. mobile operator has been a committed Comptel customer since 2000. Comptel Convergent Mediation’s proven scalability allows the mobile operator to manage and monetise more than 3 billion call detail records (CDRs) daily. The software also smoothly integrates with the operator’s other technology infrastructure, contributing to remarkable cost-savings.
- “Our long-standing mobile operator customer is disrupting the U.S. telecommunications market and quickly seeing a lot of traction from its efforts,” said Diego Becker, senior vice president, Americas, Comptel. “We are happy to be a part of its vision—delivering the next-generation mediation capabilities the mobile operator needs to effectively differentiate, support customer acquisition, rapidly develop product and service innovation, to enable revenue generation.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s customer interaction automation solutions including its convergent mediation offering.
- Comptel will be attending Mobile World Congress, taking place 24-27 February in Barcelona, Spain. To arrange a meeting with the company, contact email@example.com, or visit Hall 5, Stand 5F41 during the event.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, OSS, BSS, Comptel Convergent Mediation, mediation, U.S., mobile, mobile operators, communications service providers, CSPs, Mobile World Congress, LTE, 4G, Americas, customer experience, operations, call detail records, CDRs, data, innovation, customer acquisition, Tier 1
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 87 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.7 million in 2013. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.