|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announces its continued platform innovation for enabling organizations to rapidly adopt cloud applications while protecting their sensitive data, ensuring compliance to policies and regulations, as well as ever growing unauthorized access, external threats and surveillance. Through these advancements, the company continues to extend its technical leadership in cloud information protection by combining the highest levels of cloud data discovery, protection – searchable strong encryption [SSE], tokenization, and data loss prevention – and anomaly monitoring.
The Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform comes at a time when organizations are sending exponentially more information into the cloud while seeking to overcome data privacy, regulatory compliance and data residency risks.
Built on CipherCloud's founding commitment, the platform delivers the three critical elements to enable cloud adoption:
- Discover – The first step is discovery. To determine the security controls their data requires, organizations must first identify and classify content that is sensitive, proprietary or regulated before it goes to the cloud. Visibility tools like data discovery provide the actionable intelligence companies need in order to find and apply the right type of protection to comply with regional and industry specific privacy laws.
- Protect – This is the core of any cloud data security strategy. As data privacy requirements escalate, enterprises need security controls that provide robust and granular level data protection to mitigate against compromise without locking out authorized users. By delivering SSE, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection, CipherCloud enables enterprises to seamlessly extend data protection from on premises to the cloud. Our SSE technology delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data.
- Monitor – This delivers detailed information on all logging, tracking, and auditing of user activities across all cloud applications. Information is aggregated and monitored resulting in the ability to quickly zero-in on violations of policies, identify anomalous patterns, and flag potential security breaches. Examples could include excessive access from locations known to harbor malicious activity or an extreme number of uploads and downloads of data over a short period of time by a particular user indicating malicious intent.
"We continue to raise the bar for cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "The consumption of multiple cloud applications by the enterprise requires security to be in lock step with visibility. We are giving enterprises a coherent strategy and the innovative technologies they need to navigate the many privacy and residency regulations required to conduct business across the globe."
The CipherCloud platform provides a holistic set of cloud visibility, security and monitoring controls to enable organizations to proactively secure sensitive data and comply with government regulations and industry mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State privacy laws.
Key technologies powering the CipherCloud Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform include:
- Cloud Data Discovery –Search existing cloud applications on-demand and discover detailed information about sensitive data, and user activity, extending your corporate DLP policies to the cloud.
- Searchable Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data
- Tokenization – Enables tokenization – substituting randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention – Supports out-of the box and custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document; integrates with existing DLP systems such as Symantec or RSA via the ICAP protocol.
- Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
- Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection – Tracks user interactions across multiple cloud applications assure compliance and spot anomalies through detailed security dashboards and reports.
- Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
- High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to accelerate their adoption of cloud applications while ensuring visibility and control of their data. CipherCloud delivers data privacy, regulatory compliance, and data residency in the Cloud through an open platform that provides comprehensive data discovery, protection – search strong encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection – and activity and anomaly monitoring services.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2.6 million business users, across 25 countries, and in more than 11 industries.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com, Box, and Microsoft Office 365.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
May. 22, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,234
Software Defined Storage provides many benefits for customers including agility, flexibility, faster adoption of new technology and cost effectiveness. However, for IT organizations it can be challenging and complex to build your Enterprise Grade Storage from software. In his session at Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, CMO at Cloudian, looked at the new Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) market and how it is changing the storage world. Now Software Defined Storage companies can build Enterprise grade ...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,287
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,307
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,601
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,012
Why does developer experience matters, what makes for a great developer experience and what is the relationship between developer experience and the broader field of user experience? Software developers are gaining more influence over the purchase decisions of technologies with which they must build on and with which they must integrate. For example, the success of Amazon Web Services, Heroku and MongoDB has been driven primarily by individual software developers choosing to use these tools, ra...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,598
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 22, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 793
Gartner predicts that the bulk of new IT spending by 2016 will be for cloud platforms and applications and that nearly half of large enterprises will have cloud deployments by the end of 2017. The benefits of the cloud may be clear for applications that can tolerate brief periods of downtime, but for critical applications like SQL Server, Oracle and SAP, companies need a strategy for HA and DR protection. While traditional SAN-based clusters are not possible in these environments, SANless cluste...
May. 22, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,245
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 22, 2015 10:01 AM EDT Reads: 374
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,690
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize sup...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,719
The OpenStack cloud operating system includes Trove, a database abstraction layer. Rather than applications connecting directly to a specific type of database, they connect to Trove, which in turn connects to one or more specific databases. One target database is Postgres Plus Cloud Database, which includes its own RESTful API. Trove was originally developed around MySQL, whose interfaces are significantly less complicated than those of the Postgres cloud database. In his session at 16th Cloud...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 672
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what th...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,457
To manage complex web services with lots of calls to the cloud, many businesses have invested in Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) tools. Together APM and NPM tools are essential aids in improving a business's infrastructure required to support an effective web experience... but they are missing a critical component - Internet visibility. Internet connectivity has always played a role in customer access to web presence, but in the past few years u...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,416
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,801