|By PR Newswire||
|February 24, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announces its continued platform innovation for enabling organizations to rapidly adopt cloud applications while protecting their sensitive data, ensuring compliance to policies and regulations, as well as ever growing unauthorized access, external threats and surveillance. Through these advancements, the company continues to extend its technical leadership in cloud information protection by combining the highest levels of cloud data discovery, protection – searchable strong encryption [SSE], tokenization, and data loss prevention – and anomaly monitoring.
The Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform comes at a time when organizations are sending exponentially more information into the cloud while seeking to overcome data privacy, regulatory compliance and data residency risks.
Built on CipherCloud's founding commitment, the platform delivers the three critical elements to enable cloud adoption:
- Discover – The first step is discovery. To determine the security controls their data requires, organizations must first identify and classify content that is sensitive, proprietary or regulated before it goes to the cloud. Visibility tools like data discovery provide the actionable intelligence companies need in order to find and apply the right type of protection to comply with regional and industry specific privacy laws.
- Protect – This is the core of any cloud data security strategy. As data privacy requirements escalate, enterprises need security controls that provide robust and granular level data protection to mitigate against compromise without locking out authorized users. By delivering SSE, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection, CipherCloud enables enterprises to seamlessly extend data protection from on premises to the cloud. Our SSE technology delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data.
- Monitor – This delivers detailed information on all logging, tracking, and auditing of user activities across all cloud applications. Information is aggregated and monitored resulting in the ability to quickly zero-in on violations of policies, identify anomalous patterns, and flag potential security breaches. Examples could include excessive access from locations known to harbor malicious activity or an extreme number of uploads and downloads of data over a short period of time by a particular user indicating malicious intent.
"We continue to raise the bar for cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "The consumption of multiple cloud applications by the enterprise requires security to be in lock step with visibility. We are giving enterprises a coherent strategy and the innovative technologies they need to navigate the many privacy and residency regulations required to conduct business across the globe."
The CipherCloud platform provides a holistic set of cloud visibility, security and monitoring controls to enable organizations to proactively secure sensitive data and comply with government regulations and industry mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State privacy laws.
Key technologies powering the CipherCloud Discover, Protect, and Monitor platform include:
- Cloud Data Discovery –Search existing cloud applications on-demand and discover detailed information about sensitive data, and user activity, extending your corporate DLP policies to the cloud.
- Searchable Strong Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption while enabling natural language, wild cards and Boolean searches of encrypted data
- Tokenization – Enables tokenization – substituting randomly generated values for the original data, which never leaves the enterprise
- Cloud Data Loss Prevention – Supports out-of the box and custom DLP policies that scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document; integrates with existing DLP systems such as Symantec or RSA via the ICAP protocol.
- Cloud Malware Detection – Includes integrated malware protection preventing viruses from spreading with zero-day protection against cloud viruses, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
- Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection – Tracks user interactions across multiple cloud applications assure compliance and spot anomalies through detailed security dashboards and reports.
- Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
- High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to accelerate their adoption of cloud applications while ensuring visibility and control of their data. CipherCloud delivers data privacy, regulatory compliance, and data residency in the Cloud through an open platform that provides comprehensive data discovery, protection – search strong encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management, and malware detection – and activity and anomaly monitoring services.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2.6 million business users, across 25 countries, and in more than 11 industries.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com, Box, and Microsoft Office 365.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications
Docker offers a new, lightweight approach to application portability. Applications are shipped using a common container format and managed with a high-level API. Their processes run within isolated namespaces that abstract the operating environment independently of the distribution, versions, network setup, and other details of this environment. This "containerization" has often been nicknamed "the new virtualization." But containers are more than lightweight virtual machines. Beyond their small...
Nov. 22, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 248
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,217
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,096
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,117
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,228
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,114
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,196
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,099
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Nov. 21, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,062
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Nov. 21, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,065
Software-driven innovation is becoming a primary approach to how businesses create and deliver new value to customers. A survey of 400 business and IT executives by the IBM Institute for Business Value showed businesses that are more effective at software delivery are also more profitable than their peers nearly 70 percent of the time (1). DevOps provides a way for businesses to remain competitive, applying lean and agile principles to software development to speed the delivery of software that ...
Nov. 20, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,353
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 20, 2014 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,246
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,273