|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 09:03 AM EST||
RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Taking place February 24 to February 28, RSA Conference 2014 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Stephen Colbert, Award-winning host and executive producer of "The Colbert Report" and New York Times best-selling author
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Chairman, RSA
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Scott Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, charity: water
- Kevin Mandia, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, FireEye
- Peter Sims, Best-selling author and entrepreneur
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Stephen Trilling, Senior Vice President of Security Intelligence and Technology, Symantec Corp.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer (CTSO), Cisco, Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
- Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Scientist and STEM Education Evangelist
“This year we head into the most discussed conference in our history. There are tens of thousands of attendees that will converge on San Francisco to continue the dialog, share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors,” said Alex Bender, General Manager of RSA Conference. “The cyber-security industry is stronger than it has ever been and RSA Conference has become the platform where the world talks security.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2014 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 24, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named “RSA Conference 2014’s Most Innovative Company.”
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like surveillance and privacy, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Analytics and Big Data, the Human Element and many more. On Tuesday, February 25, a discussion on NSA surveillance will be hosted by James Lewis, Program Director, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) alongside Michael Hayden, Principal, The Chertoff Group, and Richard Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Good Harbor Security Risk Management. On Friday, February 28th, Dan Geer, security luminary, will speak on why “We Are All Intelligence Officers Now.”
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – On Tuesday, February 25, join the founders and leaders of cryptography for an engaging panel discussion about the latest advances in the field, including research areas to watch in 2014 and insights drawn from lessons learned over the last three decades. Panelists at this year’s keynote session include: Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, Brian LaMacchia, Director, Security & Cryptography, XCG Lab, Microsoft Research, Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT and Whitfield Diffie, Advisory Board, SafeLogic.
- Keynote with Scott Harrison – Seven years ago Scott Harrison started charity: water with a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet living without it. Learn from Scott's personal journey from New York City nightlife to building an organization that’s funded more than 9,000 water projects in 20 countries. The remarkable success of charity: water shows us the power of community and technology when focused on a single, shared mission. Attendees can get involved by participating in the RSA Conference charity: water Challenge taking place in The Sandbox, Moscone North room 134. The challenge, walking with a full jerry can of water, simulates conditions for those who have to struggle for clean water each day. If 300 attendees complete the challenge, RSA Conference will fund two water projects in Nepal, each of which will serve 400 students.
- STEM Education Coalition – RSA Conference is challenging the industry to cultivate future information security leaders by joining the STEM Education Coalition. The Conference’s goal is to partner with 20 security organizations to join the STEM Education Coalition, fund STEM awareness, lobby Congress on education policy and deliver curriculum to students from kindergarten through higher education. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the STEM Education Coalition during RSA Conference by tweeting @StemEdCoalition
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2014 sponsors: IS THERE SOME REASON FOR THE ORDER OF SPONSORS? Juniper Networks; Microsoft, RSA Cisco; FireEye; Akamai, Ixia; Splunk; HP; Intel Security; Qualys; Symantec; HOB; Sophos; TeleTrusT; Trend Micro; Websense; AhnLab, Barracuda; Blue Coat; CA Technologies; Entrust; HID; Narus; Palo Alto Networks; SafeNet; Secunia; Tripwire; Trustwave; Venafi; Veracode; Verizon; Aligiance; Attachmate; BeyondTrust; Checkmarx; Citrix; Covisint; Entersekt; Identity Finder; Intel; Jiransoft; Lancope; Lieberman Software; LynuxWorks; NagraID Security; Proofpoint; Quintessence Labs; Sourcefire; SSH Communications Security; Sypris; Tenable Network Security; UNICOM Engineering; Unisys; viaForensics; and, Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2014 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Dec. 27, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,099
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Dec. 27, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,821
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 27, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,886
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 27, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,743
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 08:45 AM EST Reads: 2,870
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 27, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,080
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Dec. 27, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,413
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,675
SYS-CON Media announced that Centrify, a provider of unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center environments that delivers single sign-on (SSO) for users and a simplified identity infrastructure for IT, has launched an ad campaign on Cloud Computing Journal. The ads focus on security: how an organization can successfully control privilege for all of the organization’s identities to mitigate identity-related risk without slowing down the business, and how Centrify provides ...
Dec. 27, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,831
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 27, 2014 06:45 AM EST Reads: 2,111
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 27, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,255
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 27, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,036
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 05:15 AM EST Reads: 2,201
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,551
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 27, 2014 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,791