|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2014 09:03 AM EST||
RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Taking place February 24 to February 28, RSA Conference 2014 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Stephen Colbert, Award-winning host and executive producer of "The Colbert Report" and New York Times best-selling author
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Arthur W. Coviello, Jr., Executive Chairman, RSA
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Scott Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, charity: water
- Kevin Mandia, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, FireEye
- Peter Sims, Best-selling author and entrepreneur
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- Stephen Trilling, Senior Vice President of Security Intelligence and Technology, Symantec Corp.
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer (CTSO), Cisco, Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
- Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Scientist and STEM Education Evangelist
“This year we head into the most discussed conference in our history. There are tens of thousands of attendees that will converge on San Francisco to continue the dialog, share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors,” said Alex Bender, General Manager of RSA Conference. “The cyber-security industry is stronger than it has ever been and RSA Conference has become the platform where the world talks security.”
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2014 include:
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 24, the popular Innovation Sandbox program will culminate with one finalist being named “RSA Conference 2014’s Most Innovative Company.”
- Exclusive Sessions on Industry hot Topics – Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting a number of sessions covering pressing topics like surveillance and privacy, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Analytics and Big Data, the Human Element and many more. On Tuesday, February 25, a discussion on NSA surveillance will be hosted by James Lewis, Program Director, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) alongside Michael Hayden, Principal, The Chertoff Group, and Richard Clarke, Chief Executive Officer, Good Harbor Security Risk Management. On Friday, February 28th, Dan Geer, security luminary, will speak on why “We Are All Intelligence Officers Now.”
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – On Tuesday, February 25, join the founders and leaders of cryptography for an engaging panel discussion about the latest advances in the field, including research areas to watch in 2014 and insights drawn from lessons learned over the last three decades. Panelists at this year’s keynote session include: Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research, Adi Shamir, Professor, Computer Science Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, Brian LaMacchia, Director, Security & Cryptography, XCG Lab, Microsoft Research, Ronald Rivest, Vannevar Bush Professor, MIT and Whitfield Diffie, Advisory Board, SafeLogic.
- Keynote with Scott Harrison – Seven years ago Scott Harrison started charity: water with a mission to bring clean drinking water to every person on the planet living without it. Learn from Scott's personal journey from New York City nightlife to building an organization that’s funded more than 9,000 water projects in 20 countries. The remarkable success of charity: water shows us the power of community and technology when focused on a single, shared mission. Attendees can get involved by participating in the RSA Conference charity: water Challenge taking place in The Sandbox, Moscone North room 134. The challenge, walking with a full jerry can of water, simulates conditions for those who have to struggle for clean water each day. If 300 attendees complete the challenge, RSA Conference will fund two water projects in Nepal, each of which will serve 400 students.
- STEM Education Coalition – RSA Conference is challenging the industry to cultivate future information security leaders by joining the STEM Education Coalition. The Conference’s goal is to partner with 20 security organizations to join the STEM Education Coalition, fund STEM awareness, lobby Congress on education policy and deliver curriculum to students from kindergarten through higher education. Attendees are encouraged to interact with the STEM Education Coalition during RSA Conference by tweeting @StemEdCoalition
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2014 sponsors: IS THERE SOME REASON FOR THE ORDER OF SPONSORS? Juniper Networks; Microsoft, RSA Cisco; FireEye; Akamai, Ixia; Splunk; HP; Intel Security; Qualys; Symantec; HOB; Sophos; TeleTrusT; Trend Micro; Websense; AhnLab, Barracuda; Blue Coat; CA Technologies; Entrust; HID; Narus; Palo Alto Networks; SafeNet; Secunia; Tripwire; Trustwave; Venafi; Veracode; Verizon; Aligiance; Attachmate; BeyondTrust; Checkmarx; Citrix; Covisint; Entersekt; Identity Finder; Intel; Jiransoft; Lancope; Lieberman Software; LynuxWorks; NagraID Security; Proofpoint; Quintessence Labs; Sourcefire; SSH Communications Security; Sypris; Tenable Network Security; UNICOM Engineering; Unisys; viaForensics; and, Vormetric.
A complete RSA Conference 2014 agenda can be found at: http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us14/agenda
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Join and follow the conversation: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
EMC2, EMC, RSA and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
May. 29, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 989
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connecte...
May. 29, 2015 04:27 PM EDT Reads: 391
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
May. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,308
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, CTO and Founder of NIMBOXX, highlighted how a mid-sized manufacturer of global industrial equipment bridged the gap from virtualization to software-defined services, streamlining operations and costs while connect...
May. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,336
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
May. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 831
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
May. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,800
paradigm shifts in networking, to cloud and licensure, and all the Internet of Things in between. In 2014 automation was the name of the game. In his session at DevOps Summit, Matthew Joyce, a Sales Engineer at Big Switch, will discuss why in 2015 it’s complexity reduction. Matthew Joyce, a sales engineer at Big Switch, is helping push networking into the 21st century. He is also a hacker at NYC Resistor. Previously he worked at NASA Ames Research Center with the Nebula Project (where OpenSta...
May. 29, 2015 03:21 PM EDT Reads: 451
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
May. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,929
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,494
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the ...
May. 29, 2015 02:33 PM EDT Reads: 430
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 944
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,440
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are bein...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to DevOps Summit 2015 as Conference Chair. The 4th International DevOps Summit will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great team at ...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,725
EMC Corporation on Tuesday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Virtustream. When the transaction closes, Virtustream will form EMC’s new managed cloud services business. The acquisition represents a transformational element of EMC’s strategy to help customers move all applications to cloud-based IT environments. With the addition of Virtustream, EMC completes the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud portfolio to support all applications, all workl...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 926