|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2014 12:01 AM EST||
RSA CONFERENCE – McAfee today announced a technology partnership with Tanium, Inc. to provide enhanced McAfee Real Time technology. McAfee Real Time Command enriches security and systems management with instant visibility into system data and immediate intervention ability. This product empowers administrators to manage incident responses, outbreaks, current patching levels, security policies, and software compliance proactively. Enterprises today need up-to-the-second information to identify and resolve security issues within minutes versus days – the McAfee/Tanium partnership is the only product that fulfills that need at enterprise scale.
Other systems management tools are unable to provide the time-sensitive data enterprises need in order to efficiently prevent and respond to threats and outages. According to the 2013 Verizon Data Breach Report, 69 percent of breaches went from initial compromise to data exfiltration within hours. Conversely, over a third of breaches took weeks to months resolve.1 To minimize the damage of attacks and protect the business, it is essential that security analysts are able to quickly identify attacks, determine the root cause and remediate the threat. McAfee Real Time Command delivers an extensible enterprise platform for deep insight into the critical endpoint data to identify threats, including information about running processes, hashes of files, established network connections, user activity, configuration information, and more as well as the ability to instantly take action in response.
“Time is everything when it comes to stopping threats,” said Orion Hindawi, chief technology officer at Tanium. “By the time the problem is discovered, the damage has been done, and threats have spread throughout the environment. Together with McAfee, we’re helping businesses rapidly expose and stop these threats before they infiltrate the environment. We’re helping them pivot from being the hunted to being the hunter.”
McAfee Real Time Command Capabilities:
- Instant querying: Query every endpoint in your environment and get answers back within seconds. The ability to gather data quickly is essential when an organization is confronted with outages, viruses, or zero-day vulnerabilities. McAfee Real Time Command empowers organizations to both detect and respond to incidents instantly.
- Instant actions: The instant querying capability enables enterprises to identify and diagnose problems as they occur, but organizations also need the ability to take action at light speed. McAfee Real Time Command delivers immediate action so IT administrators can make changes across an entire network within seconds.
- Plain English: McAfee Real Time Command gives users the ability to ask questions in plain English, instead of having to learn a complex scripting language. IT administrators can simply ask questions and get answers back in seconds.
- Enterprise ready: McAfee Real Time Command includes features critical to enterprise security and scalability, including FIPS-ready cryptography, rigorous management rights, large-scale support for administrators and managed assets.
- Simple infrastructure: Based on its innovative network topology, McAfee Real Time Command uses a single server to manage globally distributed networks and large organizations, simplifying deployment and reducing costs.
"IT professionals know that seconds can mean the difference between a successful attack and a blocked one,” said Ryan Allphin, senior vice president and general manager of the security management business unit at McAfee. “By utilizing the Tanium technology we’re able to eliminate costly manual effort and provide immediate data collection and action capabilities, with McAfee Real Time Command. This allows users to focus on what data to collect and why it is important, by providing answers within seconds. This provides huge benefits to the security and efficiency of an organization.”
The McAfee Real Time Command solution is another key element of the McAfee Security Connected platform of integrated, intelligent and connected security solutions that are needed in the battle against advanced threats.
McAfee Real Time Command is available now. For more information visit: www.mcafee.com/securitymanagement.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
Tanium was founded in 2007 by a team with extensive experience providing systems management capabilities to Fortune 500 customers. Having worked closely with some of the largest, most carefully managed enterprises in the world, Tanium’s founding team knows how hard it can be to keep a large network environment running smoothly.
Note: McAfee is a registered trademark of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
The information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and should not be deemed an offer by McAfee or create an obligation on McAfee. McAfee reserves the right to discontinue products at any time, add or subtract features or functionality, or modify its products, at its sole discretion, without notice and without incurring further obligations.
1 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report, Verizon, http://www.verizonenterprise.com/DBIR/2013/