|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 02:05 AM EST||
- On the next MASTERCHEF CANADA, the remaining 11 finalists are inspired by an emotional Mystery Box, and the elimination challenge sends one cook home, revealing the Top 10 -
To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/MVFnTp
TORONTO, Feb. 25, 2014 /CNW/ - At the conclusion of last night's episode of CTV's MASTERCHEF CANADA, Josh Gale, who works in IT Sales in Vancouver, had to leave the culinary competition series. In a shocking and unexpected elimination that saw one of the strongest competitors eliminated, Josh crumbled as his cheesecake collapsed in the final moments of the classic challenge.
**Media Note** To download additional artwork for MASTERCHEF CANADA please visit BellMediaPR.ca
Episode 6 Recap
This week, the Top 12 home cooks arrived at Toronto's historic Distillery District for a team challenge where they had to prepare canapés for some of the toughest food and art critics in the country. In this challenge the food had to look as good as it tasted. Having the best dish in last week's Elimination Challenge, the Team Red captain Dora, chose Carly, Mike, Tammara, Marida, and Julie to work with her. Danielle, captain of Team Blue, chose Dale, Josh, Eric, Pino, and Kaila to cook with this week. The judges were impressed with both teams but in the end, Team Red won by just one canapé. In a surprise twist Team Red was also given the chance to save two people from Team Blue from participating in the pressure test. They chose to save Pino and Eric. The rest of Team Blue each needed to make the perfect cheesecake - a classic MasterChef challenge. Danielle won the cheesecake challenge and Josh was sent home.
MASTERCHEF CANADA airs Mondays at 8 p.m./7 p.m. CT on CTV and CTV GO (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). Last night's episode is now available on demand at CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
Coming up on the next all-new episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA (Monday, March 3), the Top 11 finalists compete in a Mystery Box challenge that takes them back to their roots. The theme of the Elimination Challenge is nose-to-tail Alberta Beef, and it becomes abundantly clear that some parts of the animal are definitely more challenging than others. The remaining home cooks vying for $100,000 and the first-ever Canadian MasterChef title are:
- Carly Tennant, born in Abbotsford, B.C., currently resides in Vancouver, B.C.
- Dale Kuda, born in Perry, Missouri, currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
- Danielle Cardozo, born in Fernie, B.C., currently resides in Cranbrook, B.C.
- Dora Cote, born in Edmonton, currently resides in Rocky Mountain House, Alta.
- Eric Chong, Oakville, Ont.
- Julie Miguel, Woodbridge, Ont.
- Kaila Klassen, born in Penticton, B.C., currently resides in West Kelowna, B.C.
- Marida Mohammed, born in Sudbury, Ont., currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
- Mike Green, born in Kenora, Ont., currently resides in Winnipeg, Man.
- Pino Di Cerbo, Mississauga, Ont.
- Tammara Behl, born in St. Albert, Alta., currently resides in Calgary, Alta.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca