|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2014 04:34 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5558dt/mobile_payments) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Mobile Payments Market: Tablet Shopping Surges as Mobile Retail Sales Top $60 Billion" to their offering.
Consumer mobile purchasing surged to an all-time high, reaching almost $60 billion and demonstrating triple-digit growth in 2013. Consumers are increasingly turning to tablets and phones for purchasing despite the fact that many sites are not ideally set up yet for mobile devices and creating opportunity for vendors who are prepared for the onslaught. Vendors and merchants are now challenged to seamlessly integrate mobile into the online and in-store search and shopping experience. Consumer spend on tablets surpassed phones for the first time in 2013 as tablet adoption swelled.
This report provides an in-depth study of the mobile purchasing market, including dollar and consumer market sizing of online, app and proximity payments, a five-year forecast of mobile proximity payments, tablet vs. phone dollar market sizing, and frequency and size of median purchases, as well as commerce by device type. It also looks at what factors are holding consumers back from greater mobile purchasing and defines strategies to excel in this expanding market.
- What is the size of the online mobile retail payments space?
- What is the projected size of mobile contactless retail payments through 2018?
- What channels are consumers using to purchase and why?
- What channels should merchants be encouraging and why?
- Can merchants and contactless proponents set the groundwork for higher profits from mobile POS payments by deploying other mobile features?
- How can merchants encourage use of particular channels and optimize the user experience on the mobile device?
- How is the tablet transforming the mobile commerce market?
- How does purchasing behavior differ among tablet OS owners?
Key Topics Covered:
Mobile Payments Definitions and Market Sizing
Overall M-commerce Ecosystem
Mobile Wallets Must Leverage Browser, App, and Proximity Payment Methods
Preference for Familiar Payment Methods Is a Top Hindrance to Mobile Payments Adopon
Online M-Commerce Purchasing Through a Mobile Browser or App
Online M-Commerce App vs. Browser
Mobile Retail Payments Market Size
Are Key to Mobile Online Commerce
Key Mobile Wallet Demographics
Mobile Proximity Payments Forecast
Table of Figures
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5558dt/mobile_payments
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.