|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 10:20 AM EST||
- Industry innovators convene at the 10th annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- From digital design, to fashion- how are these factors going to change the manufacturing industry in 2030? The 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Summit (ML Summit) (http://mlsummit.com), hosted by the Manufacturing Leadership Council of Frost & Sullivan, will bring together leadership teams from all sectors of manufacturing to explore the most urgent issues and emerging opportunities facing the manufacturing industry today. The ML Summit will take place June 3 to 5, 2014 at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach, Fla.
"It all starts with being able to visualize the future," said Heather Holst-Knudsen, president of the Manufacturing Leadership Council. "Disruptive innovations are as demanding as new sets of rules about how we lead, organize, operate and manage our teams and companies. The ML Summit program is designed to focus on the strategies of tomorrow—in an environment designed to enable collaboration with others who are committed to the future of our industry."
ML Summit speakers include:
- Anne Filson and Gary Rohrbacher, Co-founders, AtFAB: Architectural designers Filson and Rohrbacher will reveal how the confluence of advanced digital design, computer-aided fabrication tools and global "maker" networks is inspiring a new generation of manufacturing innovators.
- Dr. Aziz Asphahani, President and CEO, QuesTek Innovations LLC: Dr. Asphahani will cover the vast potential of integrated computational materials engineering and how innovation partnerships can accelerate the discovery and implementation of breakthrough materials.
- Francis Bitonti, Principal and Founder of Francis Bitonti Studio: Bitonti uses a blend of computer-driven techniques and cutting edge manufacturing technologies to realize what has been called by the press "alien" objects and space. Bitonti will show how the integration of new technologies in computational design, construction, and manufacturing is defining the future of luxury design.
- Ralph Resnick, President and Executive Director of the National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM), and Founder and Director, America Makes: The founding director of America Makes will update delegates on the progress of the first of the technology "accelerators" charged with revitalizing manufacturing competitiveness in the U.S.
- Dr. Stephen Hoover, CEO, Palo Alto Research Center (PARC): Dr. Hoover will discuss the trends that promise to radically change the design process and the way things are built, as well as alter the way entrepreneurial manufacturers access funding and spur innovation.
Additionally, there will be a panel moderated by Allison Grealis, Director, Women in Manufacturing, Precision Metalforming Association, titled, "Beyond Gender: Women in Leadership Roles." As manufacturers struggle to find people with the right skills to assume leadership roles in their organizations, there is an under-utilized source to help fill the requirements – women. Panelists will discuss what factors may be holding back women from assuming key positions, advancement opportunities now available, and what organizations can do to change the equation.
Panelists will include:
- Karla Aaron, President, Haileah Metal Spinning, Inc.
- Tami Gilbert, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Trinity Industries, Inc.
- Tonya H. Jackson, Vice President, Global Supply Chain Operations, Lexmark International, Inc.
- Cindy Reese, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Operations, Oracle Corp.
- Susan Welsh, President and Chief Executive Officer, Rubadue Wire
Expert presentations will also address how cloud and big data related to mobile and social, will play out in manufacturing and whether "reshoring" is a critical long-term trend or a temporary phenomenon.
The ML Summit program concludes on June 5th with the presentation and celebration of the Manufacturing Leadership Awards honoring companies and executives who are shaping the future of global manufacturing with breakthrough projects and outstanding individual achievement.
The Summit will be supported by 25 manufacturing solutions providers, including 3D printing, enterprise mobility, cloud computing, ERP, PLM, MES, MOM, big data/analytics, economic development, business strategy consulting, lean manufacturing, collaboration solutions and more.
The following organizations have announced their sponsorship:
- AT&T Inc.
- Dassault Systemes
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Siemens PLM Software
Click here to register for the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, or visit: http://mlsummit.com/. For more information, please email Liz Clark, Frost & Sullivan Corporate Communications, at email@example.com.
About the Manufacturing Leadership Council
The Manufacturing Leadership Council, Frost & Sullivan, is the world's first member-driven, global business leadership network dedicated to senior executives in the manufacturing industry. The Manufacturing Leadership Council's mission is to help senior executives define and shape a better future for themselves, their organizations, and the industry at large. The Council produces an extensive portfolio of leadership networking, information and professional development products, programs, and services -- including the Manufacturing Executive Website, an online global business network with 5,300 members around the world; the Manufacturing Leadership Council, an invitation-only executive organization of over 100 members; the annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit – Bold Ideas for a Better Future; the Manufacturing Leadership Awards, celebrating industry achievement; and the thought-leading Manufacturing Leadership Journal. More information on www.MLCouncil.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community.
Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?