|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2014 01:32 PM EST||
VENICE, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 02/25/14 --
WHAT: 13th Annual Downtown Venice Art Classic
WHEN: March 1 - 2, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: West Venice Avenue in Downtown Venice
Navigational address: 219 W. Venice Avenue, Venice, FL 34285
WHY: To Support the Arts, Venice Main Street and the Local Economy
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
CONTACT INFORMATION: [email protected] or 561-746-6615
The Downtown Venice Art Classic returns with the finest artists in the country including top local talent, March 1 - 2, 2014. This popular juried art festival will feature many longtime favorites as well as new and emerging talent exhibiting on Florida's west coast for the first time. Historic downtown Venice will be transformed into a gallery style outdoor exhibit with an eclectic array of original handmade art representing a variety of media and styles with broad appeal and prices set to suit all budgets. The festival benefits Venice Main Street, dedicated to preserving and maintaining downtown Venice as a desirable destination. Admission is free and open to the public.
Art enthusiasts will have the opportunity to engage the artists and learn about their creative process. In addition there will be a free art giveaway, featuring the work of watercolorist Eugene Rizzo. The prize, a framed 15" x 22" of "Cracker Cottage", valued at $250, will be on display in Eugene's booth where registration will take place. The winner will be announced during the final hour of the art show. To learn more about Eugene and his work go to www.generizzo.com. No purchase is necessary to participate.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
- Juried outdoor art showcase
- Original Art - Handmade in America
- 150 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
- Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
- The festival benefits Venice Main Street, dedicated to preserving and maintaining downtown Venice as a desirable destination.
For additional information about the 13th Annual Downtown Venice Art Classic and other Howard Alan Events and American Craft Endeavor art and craft shows across the country, please visit www.artfestival.com or call 561-746-6615.
Howard Alan Events