|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2014 01:49 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies will share a wide range of digital expertise and technologies at this year's South by Southwest Interactive Festival, held March 7-11 in Austin, TX. These programs are designed to help clients and attendees navigate such critical industry issues as real-time marketing, social media engagement, mobile, privacy and talent development.
"As trends in technology rise and fall and everything digital goes mainstream, SXSW Interactive is an important conference for marketers who want to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest innovations," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "I am pleased that Omnicom has such a broad bench of leading digital talent at the festival, sharing their expertise, with the goal of helping our clients find new and creative ways to engage with their customers in the increasingly complex post-digital era."
Omnicom agencies' programming during the festival includes:
Friday, March 7
- FleishmanHillard has created a real-time marketing "black box" nerve center to engage with festival attendees showcasing the latest social media tools and trends coming out of SXSW.
- RAPP will partner with Econsultancy to host two thought leader roundtable discussions titled, "Digital Transformation" and "Trends and When They Matter." RAPP will also host a Grand Experience for festival attendees.
- Privacy Under the Covers, Critical Mass
- Organic launches its annual innovation scavenger hunt. Teams will compete using SXSW as a playground for discovery. Their mission? To find meaningful new technologies that inspire ideas for business transformation now and in the future.
- PHD's Grady Creative Collective, a collaborative research partnership with the University of Georgia, kicks off their SXSW journey with a series of one-on-ones between execs from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, AOL, Yahoo, Spotify and more. Experience SXSW like a millennial and follow all the action and insights they capture on their blog.
Saturday, March 8
- Why Reading is Flawed, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- The Age of The Alchemist: 2nd Edition, DDB
- Is Data the New Media, OMMA at SXSW, Organic
- The Digital Marketing Workshop, Annalect
- Dish the Dirt – Agency Business & Legal Affairs Meet Up, GSD&M
- As part of International Women's Day, #Omnicomwomen will host a reception at FleishmanHillard's black box lounge showcasing how agencies inspire change.
Sunday, March 9
- Third Annual Bookstraps Barbecue will bring start-ups and big brands together hosted by OMD's Ignition Factory.
- Ketchum, along with partners Zocalo Group and Access Communications, will host a SXSW Interactive Reception, open to digital partners and influencers. Please RSVP here.
Monday, March 10
- Reddit, You're Doing it Wrong, TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- DDB New York and United States Tennis Association (USTA) will host an interactive installation, titled "Tennis Makes You," at the AT&T Convention Center. The installation invites SXSW attendees to personalize their own version of USTA's new online films, "Tennis Makes You." The shareable videos will be curated on USTA's YouTube page.
- OMD and Women in Media Mentoring Initiative (WIMMI) #Unplugged, "The effects of powering off…when it's productive…and when it's personal" will be a theme explored by female leaders from OMD USA, Spotify, BlogHer, Valley Girl, and AOL.
- Joan vs. Don: Female Leadership in Digital Agencies, TBWA\Digital Arts Network, Sydney
- To continue an SXSW tradition, GSD&M will open its doors to 3,000+ attendees to celebrate the festival, Austin, art, great live music and some of the best food and drinks in the city.
Tuesday, March 11
- Wave Harder; Can Gesture Control Work in Retail, The Integer Group and TBWA\Digital Arts Network
- Stronger than a Seance: Resurrecting Jerry Garcia, Critical Mass
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE-OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,673
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,433
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,934
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,688
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,774
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,349
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,502
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,914
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 7,167
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,110
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,987
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,144
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Dec. 27, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,110
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Dec. 27, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,834
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 27, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,747