|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2014 10:00 AM EST|
DUBLIN, IRELAND -- (Marketwired) -- 02/26/14 -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/93trzd/molecular) has announced the addition of the "Molecular Diagnostics Markets" report to their offering.
The technologies that constitute molecular diagnostics - like first-generation amplification, DNA probes, fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), second-generation biochips and microfluidics, next-generation signal detection, biosensors, and molecular labels - are influencing the discovery of therapeutic molecules, the screening and diagnosis of patients, and the optimization of drug therapy. In the past few years, this rapidly evolving field has seen several fascinating developments.
This report describes the specific market segment of the in vitro diagnostics market known as molecular diagnostics and includes all of the generally accepted clinical analytical activities in use today. It examines the prevalent clinical-measurement devices, as well as their reagents and supplies as utilized in hospitals, clinics, large reference laboratories and doctor's offices. Diagnostic tests marketed primarily as over-the-counter are generally not included in this report, although there is inevitably some overlap.
Main Objectives of Report
1) Identifying viable technology drivers through a comprehensive look at platform technologies for molecular diagnostics, including probe-based nucleic acid assays, microarrays and sequencing;
2) Obtaining a complete understanding of the chief molecular diagnostics tests--i.e., predictive, screening, prognostic, monitoring, pharmacogenomic and theranostic--from their basic principles to their applications;
3) Discovering feasible market opportunities by identifying high-growth applications in different clinical diagnostic areas and by focusing on expanding markets, such as communicable diseases, cardiology and oncology;
4) Focusing on global industry development through an in-depth analysis of the major world markets for molecular diagnostics, including growth forecasts.
2. Introduction to Molecular Diagnostics and PCR Technology
3. Business Landscape for the Molecular Diagnostics Market Sectors
4. Overview of Clinical Molecular Diagnostic Platforms on the Market
5. Molecular Diagnostic Testing and Infectious Diseases
6. Cancer Detection Using Molecular Diagnostics
7. Genetics Testing in Molecular Diagnostics
8. Molecular Diagnostics Uses in Industrial Testing and Food Diagnostics
9. Bioterrorism and Molecular Diagnostics
10. Regulatory Requirements
11. Reimbursement Issues and Billing Landscape for Molecular Diagnostics Testing
12. Company Profiles
-- Abbott Laboratories -- AdvanDx -- Agendia -- Arcxis Biotechnologies -- Agilent Technologies -- Ambry Genetics -- Atlas Genetics -- AutoGenomics, Inc -- Beckman Coulter -- Becton, Dickinson and Company -- Biodesix -- Biohelix Corporation -- bioMerieux -- Bio-Rad Laboratories -- Cancer Genetics, Inc -- Celera (acquired by Quest Diagnostics) -- Cepheid -- Clarient, Inc (GE Healthcare) -- CombiMatrix Corporation -- Cytocell Technologies Ltd -- DiagnoCure, Inc -- Enzo Biochem -- Epigenomics -- Exact Sciences Corporation -- Exagen Diagnostics, Inc -- Exiqon -- Genera Biosystems -- GenMark Diagnostics, Inc -- Genomic Health -- Great Basin Corporation -- Hologic -- Illumina -- IntegenX -- InterGenetics, Inc -- LabCorp -- Life Technologies Corporation -- Luminex -- Myriad Genetics, Inc -- Nanosphere -- Nanostring -- Natera -- NetBio -- Neogenomics -- Nuvera Biosciences -- Orion Genomics -- PerkinElmer Genetics -- Progenika -- QIAGEN NV -- Roche Diagnostics -- Rosetta Genomics Ltd -- Seegene -- Sequenom, Inc -- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics (Siemens) -- Spartan Bioscience -- Thorne Diagnostics -- Transgenomic -- TrimGen -- Trovagene, Inc -- Veredus Laboratories -- Veridex
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/93trzd/molecular.
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716