|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2014 11:16 AM EST||
RADNOR, Pa., Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- GeoBlue®, a leader and innovator in serving the health care needs of world travelers, today announced the release of an update to their member app, which is available on iOS, Android and Amazon Kindle devices.
With the GeoBlue app, members have convenient access to the best local doctors, hospitals and resources across the globe. Members can use the app to locate medical providers, request appointments and arrange for direct payment to the provider by GeoBlue. The latest update includes the following enhancements to make it even easier for members to connect to local quality care and to learn more about safety concerns in their destination:
- File a claim by entering information in the app or by sending a photo of a completed form
- Access issued Guarantees of Payment to view and share with others including doctors and hospitals
- Display insurance ID Card on a mobile device and email/fax a copy directly to a provider's office
- Look up the local brand name and formulation for medications in forty-two countries (including these recent additions: Bahamas, Cyprus, Jamaica, Jordan, Panama, Philippines and Turkey)
- Play audio translations for medical terms and phrases in twelve languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- View country or city profiles on crime, terrorism and natural disasters
"GeoBlue is committed to providing convenient solutions that allow our members to manage their health care without the added stress of dealing with cumbersome administrative processes," says Liz Dunlavey, Managing Director for GeoBlue, "We leverage technology to limit members' out-of-pocket expenses, but in the event it's necessary to file a claim, using the app allows members to start the claims process right away, allowing us to reimburse them as quickly as possible."
The GeoBlue app is available to members through the App Store, Google Play and Amazon.com.
GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Setting the industry standard, GeoBlue's mission is to provide peace of mind to long- and short-term global travelers by offering competitive insurance protection and technology-powered assistance, including an elite community of thousands of carefully selected, contracted doctors and hospitals in almost every country in the world as well as its signature destination databases, mobile tools and concierge-level services. The scope of GeoBlue's services and technology creates a complete, reliable, convenient way to keep international travelers and expats healthy and productive.
Contact: Moira Bishop