|By Business Wire||
|February 26, 2014 07:18 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mwmmtd/connected) has announced the addition of the "Connected Vehicles: Market and Forecast for LTE and Telematics Applications 2014 - 2019" report to their offering.
The automobile industry is very competitive. The profitability on cars is slim with margins in the US as low as two percent on a new car. The large motor companies can make money by self-financing consumer deals. Dealerships hope to make money by promoting repair service packages, and offering extended warranties. The connected car is considered a gift because it is a new revenue stream, has a better margin than the car itself, and can be a differentiator between the cars themselves.
In the US, leading automobile manufacturers have committed to embedding cars with LTE in their product lines. For example, BMW makes an LTE/Wi-Fi adapter for their cars. Alcatel-Lucent, Verizon, and AT&T are proponents of the LTE-connected car. However, many new cars have embedded Wi-Fi, use GPS tracking, and have other forms of telematics. The full case for LTE is not yet realized.
This research evaluates the technology, solutions, and market for LTE and telematics in vehicles.
- Mobile network operators
- Automobile manufacturers
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Network infrastructure providers
- Application and content developers
- Telematics and M2M service providers
- Vehicle LTE and Telematics forecast through 2014
- Identify key trends and future outlook for vehicle LTE
- Understand the technologies and solutions for vehicle LTE
- Identify key application areas for enterprise and consumers
- Understand the role of short-range communications vehicles
- Understand the capabilities for LTE Direct for peer-to-peer apps
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 Executive Summary
4.0 Wireless Devices
5.0 Connected Vehicles
6.0 Market Outlook
7.0 Conclusions And Recommendations
- Texas Instruments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mwmmtd/connected