|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2014 09:19 PM EST||
SAO PAULO, BRAZIL -- (Marketwired) -- 02/26/14 -- Gafisa S.A. (BOVESPA: GFSA3) (NYSE: GFA), Brazil's leading diversified national homebuilder, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013.
CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL RESULTS
- Net revenue recognized by the "PoC" method was R$704.7 million in the fourth quarter, an expansion of 10.6% compared with the previous year and 12.2% compared to 3Q13. In 2013, net revenue reached R$2.5 billion.
- Gross profit for 4Q13 was R$222.0 million, up from R$173.5 million in 3Q13 and from the R$91.5 million registered in 4Q12. Gross margin rose to 31.5% in the fourth quarter, versus 27.6% in the 3Q13 and 16.1% in the 4Q12. For the year 2013, gross profit totaled R$617.4 million and gross margin was 24.9%, compared to R$528.8 million and a gross margin of 18.8% in 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA was R$978.9 million in the 4Q13 and R$1.3 billion in 2013, reflecting Alphaville operation. Excluding the result of the Alphaville operations, adjusted EBITDA reached R$138.9 million in the 4Q13 and R$430.6 million for the year.
- Net income in the 4Q13 was R$921.3 million and R$867.4 million in 2013, impacted by the recent sale of Alphaville.
- Operating cash generation reached R$259.1 million in the 4Q13 and R$667.7 million in 2013, resulting in positive free cash flow of R$178.0 million in the 4Q13 and R$97.3 million for the year. Note that this result does not include proceeds from the Alphaville transaction.
CONSOLIDATED OPERATING RESULTS
- Launches totaled R$1.6 billion in the 4Q13, a 224.9% sequential increase and an 8.7% y-o-y rise. Launches for 2013 totaled R$2.9 billion, a slight drop over 2012. This figure is within the range of 2013 launch guidance of R$2.7 to R$3.3 billion.
- Consolidated pre-sales totaled R$1.3 billion in the 4Q13, compared to R$429.0 million in the 3Q13 and R$905.2 million in the previous year. In 2013 sales reached R$2.5 billion, dropping 4.5% in relation to 2012. Sales from launches represented 60% of the total, while sales from inventory comprised the remaining 40%.
- Consolidated sales over supply (SoS) reached 24.8% in the 4Q13 and 10.6% in the previous quarter. In 2013, SoS reached 38.7%.
- Consolidated inventory at market value increased R$347.7 million on a sequential basis, reaching R$4.0 billion.
- Throughout the 4Q13 the Company delivered 26 projects, encompassing 6,063 units. In the year, Gafisa Group delivered 13,842 units, in line with the full-year delivery guidance of 13,500 to 17,500.
Gafisa is a leading diversified national homebuilder serving all demographic segments of the Brazilian market. Established over 56 years ago, we have completed and sold more than 1,000 developments and built more than 12 million square meters of housing, more than any other residential development company in Brazil. Recognized as one of the foremost professionally managed homebuilders, "Gafisa" is also one of the most respected and best-known brands in the real estate market, recognized among potential homebuyers, brokers, lenders, landowners, competitors, and investors for its quality, consistency, and professionalism. Our pre-eminent brands include Tenda, serving the affordable/entry-level housing segment, and Gafisa and Alphaville, which offer a variety of residential options to the mid- to higher-income segments. Gafisa S.A. is traded on the Novo Mercado of the BM&FBOVESPA (BOVESPA: GFSA3) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: GFA).